GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Why no PDK for 2010 GT3?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 08:21 PM
chowyunfatnd is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 20-C4-10
getting back to PDK in a GT3...
but from the herky jerkiness of stop and go la traffic driving, the feeling of the car about to stall before moving to 4 mph and to the constant smell of a burning clutch after you leave it in the garage after not being driven hard at all has left me with quite a bitter taste of PDK and its excitement or "acclaim"...
I have a 997.2 PDK, I asked around in another thread, and was told the "burning clutch smell" is actually some sort of spray they put on the engine (treatment?) which burns off in the first year or two / 15k miles. I too get the smell especially after a longer ride even if I don't go past 5500 RPM. I actually sort of like it (now that I know it isn't my clutch on fire )

BTW, back to the original thread. They may not make the PDK this generation -- possibly not even next generation. But a lot of drivers LOVE the PDK, and I guarantee a GT3 will get the PDK at some point. Why? Because people like me will buy one One thing Porsche knows how to separate people like me from their hard-earned $$$$....