Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

My thanks to the GT3 guys that were at Laguna This weekend

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 12:20 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 80shilling
OK.. I have Tea AND Watneys red barrel.... Now will you come up to SF?
Well if you put it like that.... I'll bring some crumpets and a ploughman's lunch

Old 02-03-2010, 01:31 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
It was a pleasure meeting you guys as well.

Your Car is my favorite color combination on any Porsche... The RS is just a work of Art from top to bottom. That roll cage you have is amazing..

Hope to see you at future events. I am trying to figure out a way of getting as many of us GT2/GT3/TT owners out to each event as possible. Having so many of us at each event is great for figuring out what setup is working best, what tires, temperatures etc.. We can all share information to make ALL of our Cars better.
Thanks Graham

I know of a good body shop with signal green paint Your 6 GT2 looks amazing too and I just love your wheels! Wish I could have a trailer to haul couple hooters much like your setup

I will be at Laguna again on 2/25 with NCRC. Love to learn more from ya in the future

Mike

Old 02-03-2010, 01:33 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mikymu
Thanks Graham

I know of a good body shop with signal green paint Your 6 GT2 looks amazing too and I just love your wheels! Wish I could have a trailer to haul couple hooters much like your setup

I will be at Laguna again on 2/25 with NCRC. Love to learn more from ya in the future

Mike
I will be there.. Maybe we could do a lead/follow and then talk about lines, braking points, turn-in points etc...

I think I'll stick with Silver... If I copied your RS paint scheme, people would get REALLY confused..

Old 02-03-2010, 01:50 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
I will be there.. Maybe we could do a lead/follow and then talk about lines, braking points, turn-in points etc...

I think I'll stick with Silver... If I copied your RS paint scheme, people would get REALLY confused..
lead follow will be cool but you will have to slow down a bit. I can't go sub 1:40 yet

My goal is to go below 1:45 next time and I will put my PCCB back on and perhaps Wevo engine mounts to get rid of engine/tranny movement so I don't grind from 2nd to 3rd.

Yeah, keep your silver ... we have too many green GT's around here lol. 997 GT2 seats will look amazing in your ride

Mike

Old 02-03-2010, 01:58 PM
marcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud of
OK.. I have Tea AND Watneys red barrel.... Now will you come up to SF?

If you get Old Speckled Hen Alex would be there in an instant... In fact so would I being a fellow Brit

When do you arrrange your drives?

Old 02-03-2010, 02:05 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
lead follow will be cool but you will have to slow down a bit. I can't go sub 1:40 yet

My goal is to go below 1:45 next time and I will put my PCCB back on and perhaps Wevo engine mounts to get rid of engine/tranny movement so I don't grind from 2nd to 3rd.

Yeah, keep your silver ... we have too many green GT's around here lol. 997 GT2 seats will look amazing in your ride

Mike
If you put back the PCCB's, then you will HAVE to get the Porsche Motorsports Green compound pads.. If you use the stock pads at the track, you will destroy them and hurt the rotors (the stock pads will get too hot at the track and then crumble and chunk). The PCCB's with Greens are bloody brilliant.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by marcw
If you get Old Speckled Hen Alex would be there in an instant... In fact so would I being a fellow Brit

When do you arrrange your drives?
I don't want any of your NASTY English Beer... I'll take a Pint of McEwans "Heavy" thank you very much....

Old 02-03-2010, 02:12 PM
marcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud of
I don't want any of your NASTY English Beer... I'll take a Pint of McEwans "Heavy" thank you very much....

Now now... is better than Bud Lite right

Old 02-03-2010, 02:15 PM
If you put back the PCCB's, then you will HAVE to get the Porsche Motorsports Green compound pads.. If you use the stock pads at the track, you will destroy them and hurt the rotors (the stock pads will get too hot at the track and then crumble and chunk). The PCCB's with Greens are bloody brilliant.
Yes, it will not be stock pads but something even better than the green pads ...

Old 02-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Now now... is better than Bud Lite right
Hopefully you will haul your **** down to the next Laguna event and drag that Sharky character with you.....

Cheers..

Old 02-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Yes, it will not be stock pads but something even better than the green pads ...
Hmmmm.. what do you have up your sleeve???? A different manufacturer? (Pagid makes the Green pads for Porsche Motorsport).. ?

Old 02-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Hopefully you will haul your **** down to the next Laguna event and drag that Sharky character with you.....

Cheers..

Sure, will try too... Keep buggin him, being a Spurs fan he's a little shy these days

BTW, you never answered my question about the drives you have. I am looking to bring the wifey on a nice drive with a few other GTer's. Nothing propeller head, more a nice driver and a pub lunch.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:36 PM
lawjdc is infamous around these parts

Mike
Mike - are you running your rear wing at full tilt yet? If not, you might try it - you will get amazing speed through the corners and will not hurt your top speed at Laguna much at all.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Sure, will try too... Keep buggin him, being a Spurs fan he's a little shy these days

BTW, you never answered my question about the drives you have. I am looking to bring the wifey on a nice drive with a few other GTer's. Nothing propeller head, more a nice driver and a pub lunch.
Aha... Yes, answering your actual question would be useful..

I randomly decide that it would be fun to have Brunch at Alice's Restaurant with a few Porsche owners and we eat then do a loop out to the Coast and back, visiting my "secret" road and driving spiritedly through some twisties... nothing too fast, just enough to get the blood pumping..

P.M. me your info and I'll let you know when we go out next.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by lawjdc
Mike - are you running your rear wing at full tilt yet? If not, you might try it - you will get amazing speed through the corners and will not hurt your top speed at Laguna much at all.

I am curious…. Does the GT3 (non RS) have an adjustable rear wing?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My thanks to the GT3 guys that were at Laguna This weekend