Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

My thanks to the GT3 guys that were at Laguna This weekend

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 05:45 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
My thanks to the GT3 guys that were at Laguna This weekend

Just wanted to say thanks to all the SF Bay Area GT3 owners that I met at Laguna this weekend.. What a great bunch of guys and obviously the GT3 crowd are the real fanatical Track Day guys..

I just posted my impressions of the day over on the 996 Turbo Forum, together with pics and HD video ... (The video is still uploading to YouTube)

Link:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-hd-video.html

Old 02-02-2010, 10:50 PM
JWGT2 is infamous around these partsJWGT2 is infamous around these parts
Graham:

What a great day! Thanks for showing me the lines during lead/follow....though, I lost ya after a while! You were blazing fast in that GT2!!

Look forward to the next event.

-James

Old 02-02-2010, 11:39 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JWGT2
Graham:

What a great day! Thanks for showing me the lines during lead/follow....though, I lost ya after a while! You were blazing fast in that GT2!!

Look forward to the next event.

-James
Hey, it was entirely my pleasure to see you again and meet your buddy... MAJOR, MAJOR fun hunting the GT3's down.. Even MORE fun beating the ZO6's. Have to love that full aero, full slicks, stripped out ZO6 in the video.. After I passed him, we hammered away for 10+ laps, but he just couldn't get me.....

Old 02-03-2010, 12:40 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Graham

it was great meeting you on Sunday. Joe (speedoflight) in the white GT3 and I were feeling pretty good about ourselves until you show up

We were amazed at how fast you gain up on us and the speed you carry on straights. I have alot to learn as far as driving my RS on the track. Hope to see ya in future events

Mike

Old 02-03-2010, 06:02 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Great read, fantastic vids.... thanks very much... I am getting the OZ's as well for the track and putting some Hoosiers on them in 18.... great value for money!

Old 02-03-2010, 07:19 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Nice driving, very smooth. Too bad the sound wasn't there for this, it could be a nice training video for Laguna.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by NorthVan
Nice driving, very smooth. Too bad the sound wasn't there for this, it could be a nice training video for Laguna.
Thanks.. I was an instructor for the Monday event and I DO use these videos as a training tool.. It helps to be able to show my students what I am doing right, but also point out every little mistake as well.. They also get a copy of their on-track sessions and take it home so they can study it and watch it...

Old 02-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by mikymu
Graham

it was great meeting you on Sunday. Joe (speedoflight) in the white GT3 and I were feeling pretty good about ourselves until you show up

We were amazed at how fast you gain up on us and the speed you carry on straights. I have alot to learn as far as driving my RS on the track. Hope to see ya in future events

Mike
It was a pleasure meeting you guys as well.

Your Car is my favorite color combination on any Porsche... The RS is just a work of Art from top to bottom. That roll cage you have is amazing..

Hope to see you at future events. I am trying to figure out a way of getting as many of us GT2/GT3/TT owners out to each event as possible. Having so many of us at each event is great for figuring out what setup is working best, what tires, temperatures etc.. We can all share information to make ALL of our Cars better.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by NorthVan
If you turn the sound up, you can hear the engine, tires etc.. That's if you can live with the damn tapping sound from the camera hitting the windscreen...

Old 02-03-2010, 11:17 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Nice driving indeed! Have you figured out an exhaust situation yet that let's you run at Laguna?

Old 02-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by sharkster
Nice driving indeed! Have you figured out an exhaust situation yet that let's you run at Laguna?
The Car is totally stock (engine and exhaust wise) just now, but I have coming:

Speedtech X-Cellerator from John, in 2.5" with 100 cell cats, ceramic coated. Tune from Tony at EPL 1.2 bar, GT2 specific with 91 octane and 100 octane files (larger intercoolers), dual intake snorkle from Vivid, EVOMS Diverter Valves, BMC Race filter.

What do you think? should make for a pretty interesting Car for next time at the track.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:39 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 80shilling
The Car is totally stock (engine and exhaust wise) just now, but I have coming:

Speedtech X-Cellerator from John, in 2.5" with 100 cell cats, ceramic coated. Tune from Tony at EPL 1.2 bar, GT2 specific with 91 octane and 100 octane files (larger intercoolers), dual intake snorkle from Vivid, EVOMS Diverter Valves, BMC Race filter.

What do you think? should make for a pretty interesting Car for next time at the track.
Cool stuff... and sounds like fun! I bet it'll be a lot quicker for sure Just careful with the noise factor out there;(

Old 02-03-2010, 11:45 AM
Cool stuff... and sounds like fun! I bet it'll be a lot quicker for sure Just careful with the noise factor out there;(
So, do I ever get to meet you in person? I keep expecting to see you at one of our drives, or at the track or similar.. Do you ever get up to San Francisco? I have TEA !!

Old 02-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by 80shilling
So, do I ever get to meet you in person? I keep expecting to see you at one of our drives, or at the track or similar.. Do you ever get up to San Francisco? I have TEA !!
Hehe I know... I'll try get to the next drive you guys have I rarely go to SF these days

Old 02-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Hehe I know... I'll try get to the next drive you guys have I rarely go to SF these days
OK.. I have Tea AND Watneys red barrel.... Now will you come up to SF?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My thanks to the GT3 guys that were at Laguna This weekend