Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Laguna Seca track season opener

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 12:12 AM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DTOWNGT3
Great hope to see some you guys there.. we have a group of 5+ 997 guys all trailering up!

Gomez and Mobonic are coming too!
I'm all paid up for both days.. Can't wait to try out the increased front camber and my new Exhaust and Tune from Tony at EPL...

Old 02-13-2010, 12:13 AM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DTOWNGT3
Great hope to see some you guys there.. we have a group of 5+ 997 guys all trailering up!

Gomez and Mobonic are coming too!
I'm all paid up for both days.. Can't wait to try out the increased front camber and my new Speedtech Exhaust and Tune from Tony at EPL...

Sarah, my Girlfriend will be doing her 3rd day at the track... I think She has a 1:48 in her...

Old 02-13-2010, 07:45 AM
thealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to all
Man, you Cali guys get to have all the fun. Gotta wait for a serious spring thaw though before getting up to the Glen here on the east coast. Seriously sick pics of the corkscrew too!! well done.

-Alex

Old 02-15-2010, 02:00 AM
nfna400 is infamous around these parts
Hi all,

Do you guys know which photographer was taking pics that weekend? Any links online?

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:42 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 80shilling
I'm all paid up for both days.. Can't wait to try out the increased front camber and my new Speedtech Exhaust and Tune from Tony at EPL...

Sarah, my Girlfriend will be doing her 3rd day at the track... I think She has a 1:48 in her...
Graham, your GT2 is going to be a monster! Your girlfriend have a sister?

Originally Posted by thealexman
Man, you Cali guys get to have all the fun. Gotta wait for a serious spring thaw though before getting up to the Glen here on the east coast. Seriously sick pics of the corkscrew too!! well done.

-Alex
Yeah Alex ... we love it here. Can't beat having Thunderhill, Infenion and Laguna Seca close by for year round access

Originally Posted by nfna400
Hi all,

Do you guys know which photographer was taking pics that weekend? Any links online?

Thanks in advance.
He only works for beer I think it was Graham's friend or himself taking the picture ... while driving in the same time

Old 02-16-2010, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by nfna400
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.
My buddy tokk the pictures i POSTED ABOVE, BUT THESE GUYS TOOK SOME GREAT SHOTS OF MY CAR. hERE'S THE LINK TO THE mONDAY ncrc EVENT..

http://gotbluemilk.com/web100201/

Cheers

Old 02-16-2010, 12:07 AM
jimxyz is infamous around these parts
Having never done a track day - especially not at Lagune Seca - is it open to anyone who pays the fee, or is there a class or something to sign up for? On the noise restrictions, if I have a SW bypass in, can the mods posted on here make it quiet enough to track or am I hosed?

Old 02-16-2010, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by mikymu
Graham, your GT2 is going to be a monster! Your girlfriend have a sister?
Now that I have it all put together and have Tony's v3.0 tune, it's quite amazing how the power comes on..

Unfortunately for you single guys she's an only child

Old 02-16-2010, 12:20 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jimxyz
Having never done a track day - especially not at Lagune Seca - is it open to anyone who pays the fee, or is there a class or something to sign up for? On the noise restrictions, if I have a SW bypass in, can the mods posted on here make it quiet enough to track or am I hosed?
Sign up for the event and you can go easy on the novice group with instructor. I usually go with NCRC or trackmaster. NCRC is full on 2/25 at Laguna but Trackmaster still have spots for 3/4 and 3/5. You can pass sound even with SW center bypass. Just follow my sound DIY here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...nd-buster.html

Now that I have it all put together and have Tony's v3.0 tune, it's quite amazing how the power comes on..

Unfortunately for you single guys she's an only child
Can't wait to see your GT2. Take care of your GF. Just asking for my other single friends ... I am married

Old 02-16-2010, 07:47 PM
20T
20T is infamous around these parts
I only wish, one of the tracks I would love to try soon!

Old 02-17-2010, 12:10 PM
rearwheelbliss is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

hey mike!
thanks for the ride @ Laguna.... your RS is amazing!
THAT'S ME IN THE PICTURE!! i wonder if there are any other pictures of our cars at the corkscrew...
maybe i'll see you on 3/4~5 at Laguna again

Alan

Last edited by rearwheelbliss; 02-17-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:49 PM
Sign up for the event and you can go easy on the novice group with instructor. I usually go with NCRC or trackmaster. NCRC is full on 2/25 at Laguna but Trackmaster still have spots for 3/4 and 3/5. You can pass sound even with SW center bypass. Just follow my sound DIY here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...nd-buster.html

Can't wait to see your GT2. Take care of your GF. Just asking for my other single friends ... I am married
Mike.. it should be a fantastic event.. I may have persuaded my buddy to bring his Audi R8.. We did the 3 day Audi Advanced Race School together and he's a decently quick driver. His Audi is 100% stock and he will be on street tires, but I think he'll have a blast.. I told him he can sit with us in the Porsche section as long as he doesn't talk..

Old 02-18-2010, 12:15 AM
Originally Posted by rearwheelbliss
hey mike!
thanks for the ride @ Laguna.... your RS is amazing!
THAT'S ME IN THE PICTURE!! i wonder if there are any other pictures of our cars at the corkscrew...
maybe i'll see you on 3/4~5 at Laguna again

Alan
Hey Alan

Good to see you "here". Sorry if I made you sick with all the thrashing. I am not a smooth driver and still has alot to learn. I think this is the only picture of us over the crockscrew thanks to Graham's friend. I will be at Laguna on 2/25 and 3/4. Hope to see you there

Mike.. it should be a fantastic event.. I may have persuaded my buddy to bring his Audi R8.. We did the 3 day Audi Advanced Race School together and he's a decently quick driver. His Audi is 100% stock and he will be on street tires, but I think he'll have a blast.. I told him he can sit with us in the Porsche section as long as he doesn't talk..
LOL!!!

He will have a field day there and AWD + street tires = alot of drift

I just put back my PCCB with Pagid RS29 pads. It feels GREAT and no less than my steel Cup rotors as far as brake response and modulation. It squeal like a pig ... I don't need any more attention with this car

Old 02-18-2010, 02:46 PM
Hey Alan

Good to see you "here". Sorry if I made you sick with all the thrashing. I am not a smooth driver and still has alot to learn. I think this is the only picture of us over the crockscrew thanks to Graham's friend. I will be at Laguna on 2/25 and 3/4. Hope to see you there

LOL!!!

He will have a field day there and AWD + street tires = alot of drift

I just put back my PCCB with Pagid RS29 pads. It feels GREAT and no less than my steel Cup rotors as far as brake response and modulation. It squeal like a pig ... I don't need any more attention with this car
Nah.. I got to thrash the living hell out of an Audi R8 at their advanced three day racing school at Sears Point/Infineon and as nice a car as the R8 is, it's an understeering PIG at the limit.. seriously, through turn 5 going into the Carousel you have to carry, massive, massive amounts of front steering angle just to get the car through the turn.. so much that if you had to do it in any other car you would be crashed. Turn 10 is just as bad.. I LOVE the R8, it's probably what I would have chosen as a daily driver if I never did track days, but since I DO.. the GT2 was the only choice.. The R8 is heavy as well.. I was surprised at the fact that it's 3700 lbs !!!

Old 02-28-2010, 12:08 AM
kubrick is infamous around these parts
Just getting ready for the 3/4-5 with trakmasters. Was about to ask the same if you were going Mike. You helped me out last time (my first run w/ POC in Aug). I was trying to fig out the sound thing, unfortunately I was never able to fix it, (ctr exs mon on 997) ended up just having to lift all weekend. Honestly though, almost didn't care was to hyped to just pull out of our garage onto pit row and then be driving LS! Got the Renntrack crew to roll this time, should be fun! Even with the lift I managed to do a 1:47. Wondering how much time I lose on the lift .05, 1-2? Hope you guys make it, if not please pray for no rain on Fri!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.