Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Laguna Seca track season opener

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 01:01 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kubrick
Just getting ready for the 3/4-5 with trakmasters. Was about to ask the same if you were going Mike. You helped me out last time (my first run w/ POC in Aug). I was trying to fig out the sound thing, unfortunately I was never able to fix it, (ctr exs mon on 997) ended up just having to lift all weekend. Honestly though, almost didn't care was to hyped to just pull out of our garage onto pit row and then be driving LS! Got the Renntrack crew to roll this time, should be fun! Even with the lift I managed to do a 1:47. Wondering how much time I lose on the lift .05, 1-2? Hope you guys make it, if not please pray for no rain on Fri!!!!
Sounds great! I will be there on 3/4 and hope no rain. You lose about 3-4 seconds by lifting after turn 5. I have another trick up the sleeve. Stay tune. I will get the newest exhaust sound DIY up and running soon. Maybe it will apply to your 997S

Old 02-28-2010, 08:02 PM
jimxyz is infamous around these parts
On the track days when they dont have runs for use newbies, can we get track access to watch/take photos etc? Also, how many out there are running without a roll bar and/or track insurance (if they even have that any more)? Thanks.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:27 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jimxyz
On the track days when they dont have runs for use newbies, can we get track access to watch/take photos etc? Also, how many out there are running without a roll bar and/or track insurance (if they even have that any more)? Thanks.
Hey Jim

Anyone can just show up and watch. You will kick yourself by now driving. track insurance is super expensive with very high deductible ($4K or more a year and $10K+ deductible). Just go easy. Feather light right foot is the best insurance for GT3/RS

Old 02-28-2010, 10:38 PM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
I'm really excited for this event. We'll be in garage #20! come by and say hi!

Old 02-28-2010, 10:58 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gomez
I'll swing by to say hello.

That's a SERIOUS looking Car you have there.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:00 PM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 80shilling
I'll swing by to say hello.

That's a SERIOUS looking Car you have there.
It's been fun making it into a track car. But it's no cup car!

Old 02-28-2010, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by gomez
How did you manage to get garage #20 when all I get is a spot next to all the Miata lol

Look forward to meeting you guys and have a safe drive up

Mike

Old 02-28-2010, 11:29 PM
kubrick is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mikymu
Sounds great! I will be there on 3/4 and hope no rain. You lose about 3-4 seconds by lifting after turn 5. I have another trick up the sleeve. Stay tune. I will get the newest exhaust sound DIY up and running soon. Maybe it will apply to your 997S
Wow you really think 3-4 seconds huh? 1:43 would have been a nicer time =) Thanks we'll see you up there! What's the new sound DIY?

Old 02-28-2010, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by kubrick
Wow you really think 3-4 seconds huh? 1:43 would have been a nicer time =) Thanks we'll see you up there! What's the new sound DIY?
Yes, 3-4 seconds are conservative estimate. When you lift after turn 5 you kill alot of momentum up the hill before crockscrew and that is a LONG stretch to lose time before you can push hard again. When I used to lift, my time was 1:55 or more. The first time there not lifting I was able to shave 3-4 seconds right away and now I got more experience under my belt I can easily do 1:47.

Here is my most recent exhaust mod: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...inger-tip.html

It's a must!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI_VFuACtjg

Old 03-02-2010, 01:50 AM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
Guys I cant wait to meet all the Nor Cal locals

We are leaving Wednesday and hope to drop off the cars at Laguna Wednesday night.

Gomez and I will be in garage #20, so anyone thats wants to stop by please do.

I just made a sacrifice to the rain gods to stay away for Thursday and Friday.... lets hope my right teste was enough

Old 03-02-2010, 10:09 AM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mobonic

We are leaving Wednesday and hope to drop off the cars at Laguna Wednesday night.

I just made a sacrifice to the rain gods to stay away for Thursday and Friday.... lets hope my right teste was enough
Looking forward to seeing you guys there.....

Old 03-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by mobonic

LOL

I burn an effigy of a spec Miata last night and did my best imitation of "no" rain dance. I think the north west wind picked up and there will be rain at Hawaii instead

We will track in 2 days and counting ...

Old 03-02-2010, 03:50 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
have fun guys. wish i could join you guys.
keep praying to the rain gods. it's working.

Old 03-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Could someone who is attending on 3/4 PM me the basic info re time/meeting area, etc? I'd like to come down and watch, to get oriented and learn enough so that I can sign up for the next round? And a good excuse for a nice drive out to the coast.
Thanks,
V

Old 03-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by speedoflight
have fun guys. wish i could join you guys.
keep praying to the rain gods. it's working.
YES!!!!! Thursday and Friday look good....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.