Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Laguna Seca track season opener

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 04:06 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Verde
Could someone who is attending on 3/4 PM me the basic info re time/meeting area, etc? I'd like to come down and watch, to get oriented and learn enough so that I can sign up for the next round? And a good excuse for a nice drive out to the coast.
Thanks,
V
Usually, the first session is a 9:00 a.m. You can sign up and get a wristband that will allow you to be a passenger in any Car that will take you out. Just find someone who is OK with having you as a passenger and take a ride...

Old 03-02-2010, 05:31 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speedoflight
have fun guys. wish i could join you guys.
keep praying to the rain gods. it's working.
LOL

Wife took a look at her iphone screen for weather forecast and shove it in my face and said "SEE! sunny on Thursday. Are you happy now!?"

Sorry you can't make it ... can you call in sick?

Old 03-02-2010, 05:38 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 80shilling
Usually, the first session is a 9:00 a.m. You can sign up and get a wristband that will allow you to be a passenger in any Car that will take you out. Just find someone who is OK with having you as a passenger and take a ride...
OK, just want everyone to know if I say no for giving a ride it's not because I am stuck up. I get nervous with passenger since I am a novice at best. Speedoflight usually sell tickets to give people rides but he has to ear a living or something this week.

Graham, I just order a set of P50 green pads from Craig at Rennstore for my PCCB and will install tomorrow to give it a try on Thursday. I pray it will not disappoint like RS29. I will bring my steel Cup rotors just in case I have to change it out. Wish me luck!

Old 03-02-2010, 05:48 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mikymu
OK, just want everyone to know if I say no for giving a ride it's not because I am stuck up. I get nervous with passenger since I am a novice at best. Speedoflight usually sell tickets to give people rides but he has to ear a living or something this week.

Graham, I just order a set of P50 green pads from Craig at Rennstore for my PCCB and will install tomorrow to give it a try on Thursday. I pray it will not disappoint like RS29. I will bring my steel Cup rotors just in case I have to change it out. Wish me luck!
Just remember that the first session, don't go BERSERK with the braking.. just take it slightly easy, as they DO DEFINITELY require bedding in properly.. PAGID/Porsche Motorsports recommend that you do 5 stops from 90 mph to 50 mph with moderate brake pedal pressure, then one from 110 mph to 50 mph with hard pressure. The pads will have to conform to your rotors (tiny lumps, bumps, ridges etc on the rotors, PLUS some pad material left over from whatever pads you used last on the Ceramic rotors). I came in from my first session that Laguna Weekend I met you and the pads were smoking slightly, but from that point on they were flawless....

Cheers.

BTW, your various DIY contributions, from pad/rotor swaps, to WEVO engine mounts etc are freaking brilliant.. Keep it up, as we are all indebted to you for showing the rest of us how to get stuck in and do it ourselves.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:10 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
speedoflight and mikymu, are you guys there thursday or friday (pm me), i'll go watch. maybe it will pump me out of my hiatus and buy a car on my way home.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:04 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
LOL

Wife took a look at her iphone screen for weather forecast and shove it in my face and said "SEE! sunny on Thursday. Are you happy now!?"

Sorry you can't make it ... can you call in sick?
i suppose i could. but it doesn't change the fact that my tires are corded.

my wife threw a surprise bday party for me at some fancy japanese resto for 40 ppl and i ended up fronting the whole bill. gotta make it up for it.

Originally Posted by mooty
speedoflight and mikymu, are you guys there thursday or friday (pm me), i'll go watch. maybe it will pump me out of my hiatus and buy a car on my way there.
fixed it for you john.
you picked the wrong time to offer personal full day instruction.
unfortunately, i can't make it to this event.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:12 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
^ wait you paid for your own b day party?

hum..... your tradition/custom differs wildly from mine!

Old 03-02-2010, 10:23 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
^ wait you paid for your own b day party?

hum..... your tradition/custom differs wildly from mine!
ya it sucks. had i known, i wouldn't have showed up. but it was a surprise so i guess i had to show up.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:27 PM
oh it's not our custom, it just somehow ended up that way...

Old 03-03-2010, 12:38 AM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
waking up at 5am to start my pilgramiage from San Diego to Laguna Seca!!!!

Watch out Seca... mobonic is coming for you

Old 03-03-2010, 02:12 AM
speedoflight and mikymu, are you guys there thursday or friday (pm me), i'll go watch. maybe it will pump me out of my hiatus and buy a car on my way home.
John, I will be there Thusday only. You can take either the white GT3 or the orange RS in your avitar ... or your new 2010 white RS

I will help you pick out a color if you want to stop by Ferrari dealer on the way back

i suppose i could. but it doesn't change the fact that my tires are corded.

my wife threw a surprise bday party for me at some fancy japanese resto for 40 ppl and i ended up fronting the whole bill. gotta make it up for it.
You know I drove my RS at Laguna when I had that big **** rip on the rear tire right? Just deflate the tires to 30 psi then your center cord won't be harmed

Can't believe you did not invite me ... esp when you are paying the bill lol

Originally Posted by mobonic
waking up at 5am to start my pilgramiage from San Diego to Laguna Seca!!!!

Watch out Seca... mobonic is coming for you
lol

Get some sleep for the long trip. Speedoflight and I have a tradition that we only get 2-3 hours sleep before each track event. Extreme fatigue seems to drown out OMG fear real well (speaking for myself only. Speedoflight have titanium alloy *****!) lol

Old 03-03-2010, 02:18 AM
Originally Posted by 80shilling
Just remember that the first session, don't go BERSERK with the braking.. just take it slightly easy, as they DO DEFINITELY require bedding in properly.. PAGID/Porsche Motorsports recommend that you do 5 stops from 90 mph to 50 mph with moderate brake pedal pressure, then one from 110 mph to 50 mph with hard pressure. The pads will have to conform to your rotors (tiny lumps, bumps, ridges etc on the rotors, PLUS some pad material left over from whatever pads you used last on the Ceramic rotors). I came in from my first session that Laguna Weekend I met you and the pads were smoking slightly, but from that point on they were flawless....

Cheers.

BTW, your various DIY contributions, from pad/rotor swaps, to WEVO engine mounts etc are freaking brilliant.. Keep it up, as we are all indebted to you for showing the rest of us how to get stuck in and do it ourselves.
Thanks for the bedding recommendation. I will do a "mini" bedding tonight so I don't get arrested. Will do the real man bedding on our first session. Make sure you are infront of me I am always super easy on the first session of the day to warm up tires and grease my arthritic joints

Thanks for the kind word. Will have more mods in the next couple months if Sharky will teach me how to a 3.95L conversion

Old 03-03-2010, 03:39 PM
You know I drove my RS at Laguna when I had that big **** rip on the rear tire right? Just deflate the tires to 30 psi then your center cord won't be harmed
you drove it when you were unconscious about it.
right after you found the rip, you started packin' for home!

Can't believe you did not invite me ... esp when you are paying the bill lol
wifey set it all up. i really appreciated the effort but told her never again if i'm paying. guess you can say my track tires fund went down the toilet. hehe.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:53 PM
you drove it when you were unconscious about it.
right after you found the rip, you started packin' for home!

wifey set it all up. i really appreciated the effort but told her never again if i'm paying. guess you can say my track tires fund went down the toilet. hehe.
It was a nail that spell the doom on my rear tire ... plus wife got tired smelling the fume

40 people BB party ... let's say $50 each person = $2000!!! OMG, you wife is banned from throwing you a party next time

Old 03-04-2010, 12:36 PM
996flt6 is infamous around these parts
1:47 at ls? I did 1:44 my 1st time there on ps2's. Just joking- took me 3 trackdays on ps2's. I no longer go there because my fabs plus cat delete won't pass sound. Have a great time!!! I had some violent spins there ie particularly t4 did a 360 one way and another 360 another way same time and popped my intake manifold hose- what a pita to put it back on. Mike

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.