Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Need feedback on CGT Euro RS club sport seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Md11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really nice
Need feedback on CGT Euro RS club sport seats

Can anyone give me feedback on these seats in comparison to the stock US RS seats. The seat hight in the lowest setting on the stock US RS seats is perfect for me, how does the seat hight on the CGT RS seats compare, the same hight, lower or higher?
I am 6'2" 190 lbs and the width of the stock seats is great in every respect, could I expect the same fit on the CGT RS seats or are the wider or narrower and restrictive in the shoulders? Can I customize the cushions for extra lumbar support and firmer or softer padding?

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-06-2010, 11:48 AM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Do you mean the 1-piece Bucket Seats vs. the Standard Sport Seats?

If so the Bucket Seats in the CGT are really tight! Euro GT3 RS and CGT seats are the same, in US the RS comes with Standard Sport Seats. I sat in Recaro Pole Positions, which is pretty much the same seat as Euro RS seat (Recaro makes the Euro RS seats) and they are a little uncomfortable for long rides...

Last edited by sin911; 02-06-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of
I have them in my car and they are great. Definitely narrower/more snug than the GT2 seats. The good thing is that they ARE height adjustable....there are 2 settings. I'm only 5'6" so I use the higher setting. At 6'2", you will be fine on the lower setting. They are the correct seat for the GT3, they look great and are VERY comfortable.

Hope this helps
Bill

Old 02-06-2010, 01:34 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bill in Atlanta
I have them in my car and they are great. Definitely narrower/more snug than the GT2 seats. The good thing is that they ARE height adjustable....there are 2 settings. I'm only 5'6" so I use the higher setting. At 6'2", you will be fine on the lower setting. They are the correct seat for the GT3, they look great and are VERY comfortable.

Hope this helps
Bill
They were too tight for me on the shoulders... And I'm 5'10"

Old 02-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
I am 5ft 11 and have the CGT seats standard in my RS. I am slender in size (too many triathlons!), but are perfect height and width wise. I also have a problem with my L4/L5 lower spine.... and these seats provide PERFECT support....

Old 02-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Md11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really nice
Thank you for your info, I love to hear about the lower spine support! My lower back gives me trouble after extended seat time (too many hours spent in airplane seats to SIN.
It sounds like these seats would fit me and my 33" waist

Originally Posted by Harold
I am 5ft 11 and have the CGT seats standard in my RS. I am slender in size (too many triathlons!), but are perfect height and width wise. I also have a problem with my L4/L5 lower spine.... and these seats provide PERFECT support....

Old 02-06-2010, 06:04 PM
widebody350 is infamous around these parts
I'm 6'3" and about 215(no fat). I sat in a CGT with the bucket seats a few years ago and I remember them being a little tight especially on my lats/shoulders but was fine in the waist. I probably would be shifting around a lot in the seat trying to find comfort on longer drives but would be great performance wise. They were really nice seats, and definitely supportive.

BTW you can customize any seat as you see fit, although I'm not sure if Porsche will do it.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:21 PM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
I have a set of the OEM CGT GT3 carbon backed seats set in the upper (two adjustment holes) position in my RS. I am 5'7", 135Lbs. They fit me great, comparing the Euro GT3 sets that where in my 6GT3. These are slightly narrower and have more supportive foam. Shoulder area is more comfortable.
MDSkipper, I am local to you. You are welcome to try them out.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by sin911
Do you mean the 1-piece Bucket Seats vs. the Standard Sport Seats?

If so the Bucket Seats in the CGT are really tight! Euro GT3 RS and CGT seats are the same, in US the RS comes with Standard Sport Seats. I sat in Recaro Pole Positions, which is pretty much the same seat as Euro RS seat (Recaro makes the Euro RS seats) and they are a little uncomfortable for long rides...
Yes, I understand the Euro GT3 RS and CGT are the same and I have the standard Sport Seats. Thanks for you feedback.

Originally Posted by widebody350
I'm 6'3" and about 215(no fat). I sat in a CGT with the bucket seats a few years ago and I remember them being a little tight especially on my lats/shoulders but was fine in the waist. I probably would be shifting around a lot in the seat trying to find comfort on longer drives but would be great performance wise. They were really nice seats, and definitely supportive.

BTW you can customize any seat as you see fit, although I'm not sure if Porsche will do it.
Looks like I have a chance to check out the seats in person from D-UberCars the lucky owner of those CGT GT3 seats. Yea, I was told from several people now that the cushions are adjustable - good news.

Originally Posted by D-UberCars
I have a set of the OEM CGT GT3 carbon backed seats set in the upper (two adjustment holes) position in my RS. I am 5'7", 135Lbs. They fit me great, comparing the Euro GT3 sets that where in my 6GT3. These are slightly narrower and have more supportive foam. Shoulder area is more comfortable.
MDSkipper, I am local to you. You are welcome to try them out.
I gladly take your offer, I will be in Bellevue between the 14th and 18th, would love to check your seats out then if you have the time to get together.
Please let me know, thanks in advance!

Old 02-07-2010, 09:42 PM
LamboTT has a spectacular aura aboutLamboTT has a spectacular aura about
I have the CGT carbon seats. I'm 5"10 abotu 190 and its tight on the lats as I'm some what athletic. I like them though in the high setting. Forget the low setting as its makes me sit to far forward with that angle. The higher setting on the front of the seat is ideal angle for driving.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:11 PM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
I should be available in Seattle on the 18th. Would also love to hear you exhaust then.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:33 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
I'm 6'1, 34" waist, the CGT and EURO 997GT3 seats fit great with me.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:03 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Get the GT2 seats in cloth and you will thank me for it

I am as tall as Yao Ming and still fit well in the GT2 seats

Old 02-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by mikymu
Get the GT2 seats in cloth and you will thank me for it
+1! Save some money & get the GT2 seats. They are much more comfortable and also adjustable.

Or you can go with Recaro Pole Positions which is basically the same seat of the Euro GT3 seats and 1/10th the price