Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

A few questions about driving shoes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Mvez has a spectacular aura aboutMvez has a spectacular aura aboutMvez has a spectacular aura about
Puma Speed Cats.....they are a great track-day shoe.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Banned
gt2urbo is infamous around these partsgt2urbo is infamous around these parts
http://www.stand21.fr/boots/exemples2.html

im making my own set of shoes soon

Old 02-08-2010, 10:00 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gt2urbo

Def want a pair of these one day. Love their customizations. Make sure to post pics of yours

Old 02-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Banned
will do

Old 02-08-2010, 11:50 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by prodrive0
For daily drivers i reccomend the puma drift cats. They are stylish and functional and are comfortable enough to wear all day.

For track shoes I would suggest the alpinestars because I have heard only good things, however check out http://www.saferacer.com/auto-racing-shoes/?cat=55 There is a wide selection of shoes there from all different brands and includes shoes that are treated with flame retardant. They have pretty good prices too.
thanks for the link. i kinda like how the oakley looks. i'm gonna check out the local outlet if they have them.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:59 PM
Banned
i just received the oakley's boot a few days ago. they look great and are fairly comfortable.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:32 AM
Md11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really nice
Originally Posted by gt2urbo

This is an amazing selection, looking forward to see yours.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:05 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Personally I found the Oakleys to be stiff compared to the my current shoes. I bought Sparco karting shoes because that's what my local dealer had. Thin soles with good feel, plus the heel wraps up around the back of the shoe, light weight and flexible, good to wear all day, also much better price. The only draw back is they are not fire proof.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Puma Speedcats can be picked up at your local mall and are great for driving in. I also have found Vans slip-ons to be very comfortable to drive in and still heel-toe around town.

If it's a bit more formal occation I picked up a pair of Tods Moccasins which are a dream to drive in, almost feels like driving barefoot.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:34 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
just a note of caution on boots. i was a passenger at thunderhill where the driver took T10 too hot. went off road, hit tire wall on driver's side, and car flipped over landing on my side. it took us awhile to get out of car (maybe 5 mins) 'cos driver's foot was stuck on footwell. but eventually he was able to slide his foot out while the racing shoe remained lodged in the footwell. i can't remember if he had boots or shoe. that said, i shy away from boots.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:47 PM
FLM911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lawjdc
You should give the Oakleys a try also - especially if you have wider feet that won't fit too well into Pumas.
+1

I have the full boot oakleys and they are excellent, fia etc certified, have good feel and you can wear them all day at the track without undue wear on the soles. Bought 3 pairs to try different sizes from zappos.com where it shipping is free - and returned the two that werent such a good fit. Dont have a store nearby to try on different racing boots hence this approach which worked out very well as my regular size was too small (have a wide foot).

Old 02-09-2010, 04:21 PM
racer073 is infamous around these parts
quick 2 cents: I go through boots quite quickly and have been able to try a good variety. If you can spend the money on the Alpinestars i really think it's worth it. From a safety and performance standpoint driving shoes are a must, get used to them and you'll never go back

Old 02-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Trundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond repute
Love the sole of these

Attached Images  
Old 02-09-2010, 10:39 PM
SKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud of
here are some Pumas that are fire rated. Nice stuff.

http://www.subesports.com/products/c...oes/brand/PUMA

Old 02-10-2010, 07:44 AM
T.K
T.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant future
I like Sparco boots.