GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 RS DD - Shocker! (pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 07:52 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
sasportas has a spectacular aura aboutsasportas has a spectacular aura about
GT3 Daily Driver

Pics from this morning. Snowed 2+ feet this week. I'm too lazy to shovel my driveway. I just use the cars to "hard pack" the snow to make the driveway usable.

P.S. - I've never missed a snow storm in my car.

Attached Images   
Old 02-13-2010, 10:42 AM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Harold
My RS is covered in stone chips and scratches. It has a deep crack in the windscreen from a big stone and has many many smaller stone chips that make it impossible to look out of the windscreen when facing the sun. The wheels have massive (paint only) damage from a couple of gravel trap excursions.

The front splitter has seen many many curbs and the cracks in it and scratches in it bear testament to this fact. BUT, it is always polished, always has a car cover put on it when it is in my garage, it is washed daily, always has the engine and trans oil changed every month. The brake fluid is changed every 6 months, and the first hint of cracks in the rotors have resulted in an immediate change to slotted rotors, the tires are changed every 6 months amongst many other things....

The scars are testament to the life and memories that I have shared with the car.... and I will never respray the car nor replace the windscreen. It is by no means a garage queen and the scars are evidence that I enjoy it thoroughly. But mechanically it is looked after perfectly and would be in as good as if not better mechanical condition than many garage queens.... and for that I say, thankyou Porsche for producing a wonderful driver that I have no fear of using and using hard.
You've got my blessing!

I am simply shocked by how many of the GT3 and RS owners don't even take it to the track... If I had the financial status I would have bought the GT3 in a second just so that I could drive it on the track!

These cars sure can take a beating, so why not enjoy it? Take care of it, wash it, and change the necessary parts and oil/fluids. But to put simply: Just enjoy it!

Old 02-13-2010, 11:37 AM
GT1
GT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud of
06/26/2009 GT3 ordered
01/06/2010 took delivery of 2010 GT3- 2 miles
01/08/2010 GT3 dyno'ed- 405 whp SAE(only one pull @ operating temp)- 250 miles
01/09/2010 oil change, 80% clear bra- 500 miles
01/10/2010 Full track day at PBIR- 900 miles @ end of the day
01/20/2010 Tint and 9500 CI installed
02/13/2010 wating to install Akrapovic 997.3 GT3 race exhaust system/ Evoms software/ motul brake fluid/ P50 brake pads/ oil change- currently 2,300 miles. All ready missed some track events but not for long

Waiting to pull the trigger on track wheels and tires.
I have other cars, but its very hard to not want to drive it almost everyday.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:47 PM
Md11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really nice
Why park it clean? Because I have to! Some owners of these beautiful engineering accomplishments can afford them because they worked and keep working hard.
In my case my work takes me out of town and when home I cant just play with my RS though I wish I could.
So I have to schedule my time carefully to find time driving my RS. Add the rain here in the Pacific North West, frequently gone for 2 weeks at a time and it is actually an accomplishment to put 5000 miles on the odometer in a year.

Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD
Not a big deal its a drivers car so why park it clean it and just look at it? Would I let my car get like that. No but I have a TON more respecty for this guy than the guys that buy Porsche, Lambos and Ferraris and drive them less than 5-6000 miles per year. Why spend all that money and not enjoy the drive. Kudoes to him for making it a daily driver. If I had the money for one of these I would put AT LEAST 15k per year on it. I did not spend over 100k to park a car and look at it.

Old 02-14-2010, 02:41 AM
irysfan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JMD0977
06/26/2009 GT3 ordered
01/06/2010 took delivery of 2010 GT3- 2 miles
01/08/2010 GT3 dyno'ed- 405 whp SAE(only one pull @ operating temp)- 250 miles
01/09/2010 oil change, 80% clear bra- 500 miles
01/10/2010 Full track day at PBIR- 900 miles @ end of the day
That's what I call breaking in the GT3

I bet yours not going to have any RMS leaks

Old 03-31-2010, 05:02 PM
Chinchini is infamous around these parts
good guy right there

Old 04-01-2010, 03:29 PM
MJSpeed is a jewel in the roughMJSpeed is a jewel in the roughMJSpeed is a jewel in the roughMJSpeed is a jewel in the rough
btw it's CARRARA (like the italian marble) not Carrera!

Old 04-01-2010, 06:51 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Md11skipper
Why park it clean? Because I have to! Some owners of these beautiful engineering accomplishments can afford them because they worked and keep working hard.
In my case my work takes me out of town and when home I cant just play with my RS though I wish I could.
So I have to schedule my time carefully to find time driving my RS. Add the rain here in the Pacific North West, frequently gone for 2 weeks at a time and it is actually an accomplishment to put 5000 miles on the odometer in a year.
My point is that people wash them and wax them just to sit in their driveway or garage. That makes NO SENSE. My cars have never looked that bad but like I said I have more respect for him than someone who buys a 100k plus car or exotic and just lets it sit there. I dont want to hear the cost of maint. when talking about a ferrari or any other exotic. If you can afford an F430 for example, not driving because service is too expensive means in the end you really can afford the car, or you bought it just to say you have a ferriari or any other exotic thats my point. I agree that his car should be a lot cleaner though dont get me wrong.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:39 PM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by irysfan
But then again, who knows if its someone's beater car
this is a great point.

and to push it further, there are TONS of Porsche and even exotic buyers out there for whom the car is simply a tool or status symbol, not something to be worshipped (in our own ways, most people who frequent boards such as this do worship their cars-- either as a garage queen or as a track weapon-- we tend to see our cars as things that give us some kind of pleasure and therefore demand our attention).

i'm sure we all know or have heard of high net worth individuals for whom owning the expensive watch or car or vacation house simply "comes with the territory".

having said that, i track my car regularly and don't let the zillion stone chips on my windshield or somewhat ratty lip spoiler bother me (much)... but i do like having her detailed frequently as well.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:25 AM
tanad is infamous around these parts
Never understood the concept of "garage queens". Cars are meant to be driven and hard in my view. Alot of the high performance cars probably deteriorate more from lack of proper use rather than frequent use.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Texas911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD
Not a big deal its a drivers car so why park it clean it and just look at it? Would I let my car get like that. No but I have a TON more respecty for this guy than the guys that buy Porsche, Lambos and Ferraris and drive them less than 5-6000 miles per year. Why spend all that money and not enjoy the drive. Kudoes to him for making it a daily driver. If I had the money for one of these I would put AT LEAST 15k per year on it. I did not spend over 100k to park a car and look at it.
Because usually, guys that can afford Lambos, Ferraris and Porshes also own other cars. Why wear the same suit everyday or wear the same watch everyday?

Old 04-02-2010, 09:17 AM
Texas911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tanad
Never understood the concept of "garage queens". Cars are meant to be driven and hard in my view. Alot of the high performance cars probably deteriorate more from lack of proper use rather than frequent use.
Are you living in the 1950's?

Old 04-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Porsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nice
Things could be worse to have a gt3 as a DD would be awesome!

Old 04-25-2010, 11:45 PM
brentcleblanc is infamous around these parts
I think this guy lives down the street from me. He always parks it in front of his big house facing the wrong direction right under trees. I think he's trying to tell everyone he's got a big you know what but I bet his wife would tell us that he should have purchased an extension not a GT3 RS.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:16 AM
YoopsRacing is infamous around these parts
Garage queen or not....I still luv owning a GT3. I got my fill of trackdays several years ago and simply do not crave it, every event, anymore. I own a GT3 to enjoy it on weekends and nice afternoons. It is my therapy for a bad day. Everything can sux until I get behind the wheel and head up to the mountains or where ever. I say enjoy your car like you want to make yourself happy...seems to work just fine for me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 RS DD - Shocker! (pics)