Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 RS DD - Shocker! (pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 08:34 PM
irysfan is infamous around these parts
GT3 RS DD - Shocker! (pics)

I read a lot about how much GT3 owners tend to their cars; the great detail job that was done; always garaged, no snow, salt, rain, etc. Track days here and there. With that in mind, I came across this GT3/RS the other day. Classic carrera white and black. It looked rather nice. Obviously a commuter since it's a weekend on a company parking lot.

But as soon as walk closer to admire it.... I discovered this! What in the world could that possibly be?! Could any owner have done something more horrific to their own GT3?

A litter of cats came to mind...

Old 02-10-2010, 08:37 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Good for the owner of this car, they are meant to be driven, and used.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:24 PM
98camaro1le is infamous around these parts
Is this at the Cisco Systems parking lot in San Jose?

Old 02-10-2010, 09:40 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Are these shots taken at the same time?

He might have driven a long way on the highway ran into a couple of bugs...

Old 02-10-2010, 09:58 PM
mcr_driver is just really nicemcr_driver is just really nicemcr_driver is just really nicemcr_driver is just really nice
car look sexy when it's used as it was intended, to be driven hopefully hard :drool:

Old 02-10-2010, 11:31 PM
The shots are taken at the same time. It's on one of the parking lots near the Amphitheatre. Feel sorry for the RS. I hope it endured a morning commute from Lagune Seca.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:54 AM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
my gt3 used to get that dirty too

Old 02-11-2010, 05:32 AM
YellowCalliper is infamous around these parts
good for the driver. I agree, meant to be driven!

Old 02-11-2010, 04:10 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
Not a big deal its a drivers car so why park it clean it and just look at it? Would I let my car get like that. No but I have a TON more respecty for this guy than the guys that buy Porsche, Lambos and Ferraris and drive them less than 5-6000 miles per year. Why spend all that money and not enjoy the drive. Kudoes to him for making it a daily driver. If I had the money for one of these I would put AT LEAST 15k per year on it. I did not spend over 100k to park a car and look at it.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:10 PM
lumber is infamous around these parts
i like seeing often-used gt3s

Old 02-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by irysfan
The shots are taken at the same time. It's on one of the parking lots near the Amphitheatre. Feel sorry for the RS. I hope it endured a morning commute from Lagune Seca.
My RS is covered in stone chips and scratches. It has a deep crack in the windscreen from a big stone and has many many smaller stone chips that make it impossible to look out of the windscreen when facing the sun. The wheels have massive (paint only) damage from a couple of gravel trap excursions.

The front splitter has seen many many curbs and the cracks in it and scratches in it bear testament to this fact. BUT, it is always polished, always has a car cover put on it when it is in my garage, it is washed daily, always has the engine and trans oil changed every month. The brake fluid is changed every 6 months, and the first hint of cracks in the rotors have resulted in an immediate change to slotted rotors, the tires are changed every 6 months amongst many other things....

The scars are testament to the life and memories that I have shared with the car.... and I will never respray the car nor replace the windscreen. It is by no means a garage queen and the scars are evidence that I enjoy it thoroughly. But mechanically it is looked after perfectly and would be in as good as if not better mechanical condition than many garage queens.... and for that I say, thankyou Porsche for producing a wonderful driver that I have no fear of using and using hard.

Last edited by Harold; 02-11-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:29 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
harold you RS sounds like mine.
i had 3 windshields in 18000 miles (11 months).
i drove over plantes (4am getting donuts as i rush to the track ;-)
lots chips.
it's dirty on track.
once home, it's detailed and wait for the next dirty event.
USED the damn machine.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Kudos to the DD, but doesn't the RS deserve some more TLC? It's a $100k+ car afterall ! But then again, who knows if its someone's beater car

Old 02-11-2010, 10:24 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
It all comes down to what you can afford to do with you car.. I cringe when i see that type of stuff but on the other hand i admire them.. my Gt3 is not my Beater so i keep mine very clean always and minimize driving when its bad weather.. Its all relative.. When some of my customers come by and see 1 of my Evos or Sti's that is their dream car they freak out to see it rough shape.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:43 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mooty
harold you RS sounds like mine.
i had 3 windshields in 18000 miles (11 months).
i drove over plantes (4am getting donuts as i rush to the track ;-)
lots chips.
it's dirty on track.
once home, it's detailed and wait for the next dirty event.
USED the damn machine.
hahaha... mate thats the funny thing. My friends don't understand how come on weekends I spend hours polishing and cleaning it, and keep it under a car cover with all the stone chips and all....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 RS DD - Shocker! (pics)