Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

James Sofronas drives GOMEZ car at Willow Springs Raceway

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 01:51 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
James Sofronas drives GOMEZ car at Willow Springs Raceway

What better way is there to know just how fast your car can go, than to let professional World Challenge Porsche driver James Sofronas do some hot laps it it!!!

James Sofronas strapping into the #343 GOMEZ RENNTRACK.COM car!

James Sofronas just did a 1:30 at Big Willow testing my car. He said the car has a lot more in it than that. Pretty clean line! Study it! I know I will! lol

Not quite the 1:20 he did in his GMG WC GT3 Cup Car, but its only a 997S.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABQye84VDrg

Old 02-15-2010, 02:02 PM
Tinker is infamous around these parts
I hope you went for a ride to check his lines and compare?

I have an older 911 and had Dwain from Vision do a shake down run on it with me in the passenger seat. He was about a half second quicker than I with no experience in the car. By the end of the day, after I adopted some of his lines, I was about a second quicker.

Tinker

Old 02-15-2010, 02:11 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Looks like that car is gonna be ready for tribute to lemans this year

Old 02-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Banned
stacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to beholdstacygrk is a splendid one to behold
I saw those cars at the track. Both of them are very nice. I believe the car in the video ran on FULL TREAD TOYO's

Old 02-16-2010, 07:46 PM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
Yep that's my car! Was on full tread toyo RA'1s that day.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:42 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gomez
Yep that's my car! Was on full tread toyo RA'1s that day.
I see new wheels there , car looks good my friend. what happened with the OZ's?

Old 02-17-2010, 05:38 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Go James.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:55 AM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
I see new wheels there , car looks good my friend. what happened with the OZ's?
19s weren't cutting it on track for me. Loved those wheels but I had to sell them. But I'm really happy with these forge stars!

Old 02-17-2010, 11:40 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gomez
19s weren't cutting it on track for me. Loved those wheels but I had to sell them. But I'm really happy with these forge stars!
are they already sold, and what size are these? they look really good

Old 02-17-2010, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
are they already sold, and what size are these? they look really good
I think they are sold but I don't have the money in hand so.... you never know. As far as these forge stars go they are 18 inches. affordable ,look good and are light as hell. 17 lbs in the front and 20 lbs in the rear!

Old 02-17-2010, 05:08 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the vid. I need to get out to Willow sometime soon. You drive that on the street often?

Old 02-28-2010, 05:48 AM
trackjunkie is infamous around these parts
I think you could have held more speed through turn 1 and 9 for sure.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:56 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by trackjunkie
I think you could have held more speed through turn 1 and 9 for sure.

always can go faster on those turns... I know I am leaving a few seconds on the table.... but 1 & 9 are bad places to spin as you will hit something!

easier said than done.

Old 02-28-2010, 04:23 PM
trackjunkie is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mobonic
always can go faster on those turns... I know I am leaving a few seconds on the table.... but 1 & 9 are bad places to spin as you will hit something!

easier said than done.
I remember my instructors telling me I should be flatout through turn 9 exiting at ~135-150mph and entering turn 1 at 110mph.

Old 02-28-2010, 04:32 PM
really.. in what car with what tires?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: James Sofronas drives GOMEZ car at Willow Springs Raceway