Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Voltphreaks 5.5 lbs lithium-ion nano battery

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-24-2010, 12:36 AM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mikymu
My homemade battery tray look better than yours LOL. Great looking battery Joe.
i lost movitation to make one after i cut my hand. so i went with plan b and got the rennline batt holder.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:55 AM
DanH is infamous around these parts
I've got a rennline tray sat in a box, just need to order the PC880.

One of the things that put me off the voltphreaks if one ignores the price is that there is no easily available professional battery tray or converter to standard euro mount available. Having to fabricate something must put off a lot of the market? Hell I decided to change to a PC880 when I found the rennline mount.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:27 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speedoflight
i lost movitation to make one after i cut my hand. so i went with plan b and got the rennline batt holder.
I tought plan B was zip tie

Old 05-14-2010, 03:21 PM
thwang99 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DanH
I've got a rennline tray sat in a box, just need to order the PC880.

One of the things that put me off the voltphreaks if one ignores the price is that there is no easily available professional battery tray or converter to standard euro mount available. Having to fabricate something must put off a lot of the market? Hell I decided to change to a PC880 when I found the rennline mount.
Hi DanH,

Just wanted to mention, we have a VPR-P6 demo battery available if anyone is interested at a discount. Send me a PM if you are interested. The VPR-P6 is size compatible with the Odyssey PC680 and any Odyssey PC680 mounts, but is comparable to an Odyssey PC1200. (picture below is stock photo not of the actual battery being sold). Thanks!

- Tony

Old 05-31-2010, 12:56 PM
Most-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond repute
Glad your having better luck. My voltphreaks battery melted the first week I had it It caught on fire on the dyno.

Old 05-31-2010, 01:21 PM
GT1
GT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud of
Any updates? Running without issues?

Old 06-01-2010, 02:29 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT1
Any updates? Running without issues?
No problem to date

Old 06-07-2010, 01:55 AM
If you have not heard ... Voltphreaks are offering $300 off!!

"Until the end of June 2010, we'll giving a $300 discount off the VPH750 or VPH900 to anyone on the rennlist forum, just mention rennlist discount when ordering and we'll refund $300 after your purchase.

- Tony (voltphreaks.com)"

Old 06-09-2010, 08:08 PM
GG300 is infamous around these parts
Can any one explane to me how a battery can go on fire or explode as MOST WANTED stated? This is not the first time I have heard of this occurring. Can this anomaly happen with all batteries or is it only occurring with lithium versions? I am considering a light weight battery but sitting on top of my fuel tank makes me nervous.

Best Regards
GG300

Old 06-18-2010, 01:32 AM
Originally Posted by GG300
Can any one explane to me how a battery can go on fire or explode as MOST WANTED stated? This is not the first time I have heard of this occurring. Can this anomaly happen with all batteries or is it only occurring with lithium versions? I am considering a light weight battery but sitting on top of my fuel tank makes me nervous.

Best Regards
GG300
??

I dyno the crap out of my RS and no issue with my Li-ion battery. So far so good

Old 06-18-2010, 11:04 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
How many months have you had this installed now Mike? Has it ever died? Do you keep it on a battery tender?

Old 06-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Banned
petey01 is infamous around these parts
Electric radio control flyers have used lithium batteries for years-it is not at all unusual for them to catch fire.Some of the reasons this can happen are 1/Overcharging 2/Overdischarging (can cause damage,which could lead to a fire later) 3/Impact damage (This could happen after a crash,or if the battery is dropped-it could stil look ok from the outside...) 4/Putting too much electrical load on the battery 5/Bad luck-if one cell goes "bad" 6/Old age-as the battery pack gets older,performance will drop off,often one cell will deteriorate faster-this can be the source of a fire. 7/Puncturing of the battery pack (could happen in a crash or by being careless).8/ "Unknown reasons"-one guy,for example,left his Lithium battery pack in his car for a few hours.The pack caught fire and he lost his car.The car was parked in a sunny location,so the pack could have got hot inside-maybe 115F,but this should not have caused a fire.Was it "damaged" in some way already?Possibly,but it seemed to be working as normal.Real reason of fire-"unknown".Modellers charge their lithium batteries in the trunk of their car,using a special charger run off the car battery.This charging should not be done unsupervised-fires can and have resulted in the loss of the vehicle.....

Old 06-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by landjet
How many months have you had this installed now Mike? Has it ever died? Do you keep it on a battery tender?
4+ months and no issues. I drain the battery couple times by accident and it starts back up whne I press the remote on switch. No dead battery issue.

Originally Posted by petey01
Electric radio control flyers have used lithium batteries for years-it is not at all unusual for them to catch fire.Some of the reasons this can happen are 1/Overcharging 2/Overdischarging (can cause damage,which could lead to a fire later) 3/Impact damage (This could happen after a crash,or if the battery is dropped-it could stil look ok from the outside...) 4/Putting too much electrical load on the battery 5/Bad luck-if one cell goes "bad" 6/Old age-as the battery pack gets older,performance will drop off,often one cell will deteriorate faster-this can be the source of a fire. 7/Puncturing of the battery pack (could happen in a crash or by being careless).8/ "Unknown reasons"-one guy,for example,left his Lithium battery pack in his car for a few hours.The pack caught fire and he lost his car.The car was parked in a sunny location,so the pack could have got hot inside-maybe 115F,but this should not have caused a fire.Was it "damaged" in some way already?Possibly,but it seemed to be working as normal.Real reason of fire-"unknown".Modellers charge their lithium batteries in the trunk of their car,using a special charger run off the car battery.This charging should not be done unsupervised-fires can and have resulted in the loss of the vehicle.....
Wow, now that is alot of reason why anything will catch on fire. Wonder why lap top computers are not burning up left and right with their li-ion battery.

Voltphreaks has robust li-ion batter with many safety build in as shown on label below:

Old 06-21-2010, 05:48 PM
777vegasviper has a spectacular aura about777vegasviper has a spectacular aura about
i've had one of these in my 530 CI TT viper for about 1.5 yrs, great battery, always start the big CI engine

Old 06-22-2010, 01:48 AM
Originally Posted by 777vegasviper
i've had one of these in my 530 CI TT viper for about 1.5 yrs, great battery, always start the big CI engine
Cool. Good to hear it works well for larger displacement engine

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Voltphreaks 5.5 lbs lithium-ion nano battery