Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Crazy JDM Exhaust System for GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 07:02 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
I think the way you carry on about the FVD Exhaust in any thread including another Vendors that you must be on the payroll.. Thats what i think..
Nope, I only wished. I know you feel it suks, okay that's cool but it works for me. Anyway others bump their stuff too. BTW the only other thread I commented on was one where the OP asked what exhaust was it on the video he posted. So I answered and elaborated. I apologize.
Anyway Mike I'll buy you a beer and talk when the exact specs are known about the new BMW TT V8 motor. As Quasimoto once said, "I think I have a hunch"

Cheers
Ranger

Old 03-08-2010, 07:08 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RFFG
maybe a bigger single tip like the murci would look better?
Back in the day (early 90's) I had a single turbo 930 ( built buy Bob Holcombe of Motosport Design, AZ.) that had a single big @$$ center exhaust pipe. Looked okay back then.

Ranger

Old 03-08-2010, 08:57 PM
jherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to behold
I don't know how you can complain about an exhaust made by Porsche's factory motorsport supplier. It looks and sounds real good too. But Akrapovic isn't hype either; I've read interviews about how some factory MotoGP teams want them to build an exhaust for them.

The exhaust on the first page is loud... sounds close to an F1 machine. It doesn't sound anything like an RSR, at least the ones I heard at Long Beach.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Yeah Akropovic is on the winner of the 24 hours of Nurburgring - http://www.manthey-racing.de/

Old 03-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by vividracing
Yeah Akropovic is on the winner of the 24 hours of Nurburgring - http://www.manthey-racing.de/
As was the M&M on Manthey when they've won in the pass also. Point being, Manthey wins because they're a great team and a multitude of factors leads them to be winners.
Okay I'll leave it there but I've never said Akrapovic was not quality or good. It's that for the extra multi-K cost, gains(?), weight savings and sound IMO it's not worth it. I am very happy with what I have and do not believe for a second that I settled for less. As I see it, the only difference is a 12 lbs savings is not worth another 4-5 K cost.
I stand down.
Good day gents.
Out.

Ranger

Old 03-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
As was the M&M on Manthey when they've won in the pass also. Point being, Manthey wins because they're a great team and a multitude of factors leads them to be winners.
Okay I'll leave it there but I've never said Akrapovic was not quality or good. It's that for the extra multi-K cost, gains(?), weight savings and sound IMO it's not worth it. I am very happy with what I have and do not believe for a second that I settled for less. As I see it, the only difference is a 12 lbs savings is not worth another 4-5 K cost.
I stand down.
Good day gents.
Out.

Ranger
You hit the nail on the head.. For the Cost, Lack of Weight savings, and IMO lesser quality of sound i cannot justify FVD systems with headers.. I wont even get into HP gains which neither you or I can state any Facts about over the SW system because we have never dyno'd a car back to back with both..

57lbs weight savings, IMO better sound, and less $$$ its tough to justify your FVD system..

Sorry for the Hijack Dan, Its not intended to say your products is better or worse than SW products.. I LOVE everything i have ever seen from Akrapovic.. My wallet just doesnt support it on my GT3.. My busa, Zx-10, Gixxer 1k sure but just not the GT3..

Mike

Old 03-09-2010, 01:42 PM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
The akrapovics are pure jewellery, their price is totally justified i think.
(click on each pic)

Old 03-09-2010, 01:45 PM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
and look at those cast header's inlets, so pure technology !

Old 03-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Its very hard to deny that the Akra system isnt 1 of the nicest.. Some of the other systems quite honestly HURT MY EYES to even look at.. Its sad when customers unknowingly believe those systems are quality.. Chinese comes to mind when i see some other systems.. I dont care of the company is based out of US, Germany, or AUS its easy to spot CHINESE quality..

Old 03-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Akripovic is diamonds!

Old 03-09-2010, 05:01 PM
GT1
GT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jiaim
The akrapovics are pure jewellery and performance, their price is totally justified i think.

Fixed

Old 03-09-2010, 08:33 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I love the scream of the JDM system at high rpm the Akra system sounds deeper by comparison.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Chinese comes to mind when i see some other systems.. I dont care of the company is based out of US, Germany, or AUS its easy to spot CHINESE quality..
Chinese? You don't know M&M then. That's why Flying Lizard and TRG are running with M&M. I mean I'm just saying.
And sound? That's totally subjective. It's like beer, is the one you like make it the best?
You just hate the product, fine I get it.
I don't hate Akrapovic. It's great quality but not worth the $$$ for the total end results.
Enjoy your stuff and I'll enjoy mine and the world keeps turning.
Oh until they pass Obamacare, then we're all fuked.

Cheers
Ranger

Old 03-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Chinese? You don't know M&M then. That's why Flying Lizard and TRG are running with M&M. I mean I'm just saying.
And sound? That's totally subjective. It's like beer, is the one you like make it the best?
You just hate the product, fine I get it.
I don't hate Akrapovic. It's great quality but not worth the $$$ for the total end results.
Enjoy your stuff and I'll enjoy mine and the world keeps turning.
Oh until they pass Obamacare, then we're all fuked.

Cheers
Ranger
Who said anything about M&M??? Settle down Juan.. I dont HATE a product, i would just NEVER offer certain products to my customers.. Enjoy your system buddy.. As long as you like thats all that matters..

Id like to know how you can say something isnt worth the $$ for the total end results?? was it dyno tested back to back against your system?? I didnt think so.. I could say the same about your system then right?? Your car makes nothing more than mine.. I still have stock headers & Cats..

Old 03-10-2010, 12:24 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Is the slightly gravelly sound at idle something you can't get rid of? I can't explain why I like the JDM system so much, I am sure alot has to do with the sound qualities of where the video was taken. That JDM systems solves my general problem with Porsche's not have very good exhaust notes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Crazy JDM Exhaust System for GT3