GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Custom helmet by Censport Graphics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 08:58 PM
e3113v is infamous around these parts
Custom helmet by Censport Graphics

Hi folks,
After the last DE event of the season in November, I sent my helmet to Tyler at Censport Graphics for a custom paint job. I was inspired by fellow forum member DocDan's design. After seeing his, his wife's and also Mike Romano's of A.W.E., all painted by Censport, I knew that Tyler was the man to deliver!
Like DocDan's, I wanted to mix carbon fiber and chrome to give it a real techno look. It was to look like a carbon fiber skull when viewed from the front. Also since my brother and I grew up watching Speed Racer, I wanted to put a white X on the crown as an homage to Racer X. After I gave Ty these important elements, he came up with a beautiful design. The candy red paint on chrome gives it a liquid metallic look and is simply stunning!

Tyler's growing list of repeat customers and clients, like forum sponsor GMG, speak highly for the quality of his work. For anyone wanting to have a truly unique helmet that is also a beautiful work of art, I highly recommend Censport Graphics:

http://www.censportgfx.com/index.html

-E.

Attached Images    

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 04-28-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:05 PM
DavidNR is infamous around these parts
Cool. Hell of a job!

Old 03-07-2010, 11:38 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
whats the average cost for something like this??

you can pm me if you like.. thanks

Old 03-08-2010, 05:09 AM
buttons123 is infamous around these parts
Price? looks superb!

Old 03-08-2010, 05:51 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Please PM me the price as well. Where is the painter located?

Old 03-08-2010, 07:20 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Very nice work and detail. I'm sure pricing varies with the intricacy but can you give a range?
Originally was that a full CF helmet? I have one from Impact Racing and have been considering just what you did leaving so CF to show. Beautiful.

Ranger

Old 03-08-2010, 12:01 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
He does great work he has done many of our helmets at GMG.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:20 PM
58spdstr has a spectacular aura about58spdstr has a spectacular aura about
A great young artisan who is very talented and a pleasure to deal with. Mine is several years old and seems fairly tame compared to some of his newer helmets. Mine is no longer on the Censport website in the gallery section, but there is still a picture of me wearing it driving my former car.

http://www.censportgfx.com/contact.html

Hey, what do you know, I found this still up on the site:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...inted-wow.html

I'm sure I'll have him do another one for me some day.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 04-28-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:55 PM
PM's sent.

GT3Ranger, my helmet originally had a flat/matte black "rubbertone" finish. Tyler had to take it off to do the CF and Chrome bases.
Yes, as you said, the price goes up with multiple features. If you look at the Censport website, Mike Romano's (A.W.E. fame) is simpler in design and I believe Mike said it cost $8-900 to do. Mine shot up in price because I did both Carbon fiber AND chrome. I could easily have substituted flat or gloss black (instead of CF) and silver, metal flake (instead of chrome) and it would have brought the cost down.
I'm sure Ty would be able to mask out the CF that you want showing...heck it would save you $325!
Here's a link to his current price list:

http://www.censportgfx.com/prices.html

Cheers,
-E.

Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Very nice work and detail. I'm sure pricing varies with the intricacy but can you give a range?
Originally was that a full CF helmet? I have one from Impact Racing and have been considering just what you did leaving so CF to show. Beautiful.

Ranger

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 04-28-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Karrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to all
just bought a new one and had it painted as well!!! Love your colors.

Old 03-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Nice! Love that Martini Racing Scheme!
Cheers,
-E.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:17 PM
optionpunk is infamous around these parts
Devils advocate...Not to take anything away from Tyler, Censport or the work done here which is all very nice but the price seems relatively stiff when compared to what it costs for a custom paint job on a goalie mask which is a harder surface to work with and has to stand up to a far greater degree of abuse. Depending on where you are it might be harder to track down a painter of goalie masks but probably worth the effort trying out a few different artists as each have their own style. It took me quite awhile to find an artist whose style complemented what I wanted to see in a finished product.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:18 PM
docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !
e3113v,

That is one bad *** helmet Tyler cooked up for you! You are right, Tyler is the man when it comes to helmet painting. There are only a handful of top tier helmet painters, and they each have their own unique style.

If I were to describe Tyler's style, I would call it the European Style of helmet painting with a clean design, no matter how over the top you want to make it.

I really love the homage to Racer X on your helmet. That should shave a few seconds of your lap times right there.

Just so people can see what Tyler did for me, here is a link to some of my pictures:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-censport.html

In my opinion, he is worth every penny he charges.

Dan

Old 03-09-2010, 08:17 PM
GT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really nice
Since it is starting to look like an "Helmet Custom Paint" tread, here is mine !

Attached Images   
Old 03-10-2010, 06:55 PM
On Pole is a jewel in the roughOn Pole is a jewel in the roughOn Pole is a jewel in the rough
Here is mine.

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Custom helmet by Censport Graphics