Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Panamericana rollbar - anyone have one in a 2010 GT3?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 08:10 PM
FLM911 is infamous around these parts
Panamericana rollbar - anyone have one in a 2010 GT3?

Deciding which rollbar to install and like the idea of keeping with Porsche OEM (bar/harness/sub bar etc). Dont want to weld plates into the new GT3, so looking at bolt in bars.

Read the threads here but couldnt see any where the panamericana rollbar (part 997-0440800-18) had been installed in a 2010 GT3. Anyone done this and have any words of wisdom/regret? Car will be used for regular DE. Know my options are RSS or GMC also.

I have the sport bucket seats, and looks like the OEM porsche sub bar doesnt fit perfectly reading various threads, although can be drilled out a little for the mounting bolts and then its fine.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Banned
BRracing is infamous around these parts
Sent you a PM, email me so that we can help you.
Thanks

Robb
BRracing

Old 03-10-2010, 10:21 PM
brim has a spectacular aura aboutbrim has a spectacular aura aboutbrim has a spectacular aura about
You should talk to the guys at RSS. I was in their shop last week and taking a close look at their roll bar. It's definitely the one I am going to go with. Welds are exceptional, fit is great in the 2010, and the design allows the seat to go all the way back. See the other posts from RSSMike or RSSBryan.

Old 03-11-2010, 12:27 PM
FLM911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by brim
You should talk to the guys at RSS. I was in their shop last week and taking a close look at their roll bar. It's definitely the one I am going to go with. Welds are exceptional, fit is great in the 2010, and the design allows the seat to go all the way back. See the other posts from RSSMike or RSSBryan.
On the RSS website, says the harness bar is for 997 up to 2009, so not for a 2010 GT3.

The RSS four point rollbar unless I am mistaken after reading the specs and looking at the installation pics, requires the B pillar/front section to be bolted in by drilling holes in the floor and bolting to underplates. Im sure its strong etc, but I didnt wanted to avoid cutting/welding/drilling to get the bar installed unless I have no choice. Trying to keep the car so I can easily take it back to stock if I sell it later. Great looking products from RSS btw.

Old 03-11-2010, 12:37 PM
Banned
BRracing is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by FLM911
On the RSS website, says the harness bar is for 997 up to 2009, so not for a 2010 GT3.

The RSS four point rollbar unless I am mistaken after reading the specs and looking at the installation pics, requires the B pillar/front section to be bolted in by drilling holes in the floor and bolting to underplates. Im sure its strong etc, but I didnt wanted to avoid cutting/welding/drilling to get the bar installed unless I have no choice. Trying to keep the car so I can easily take it back to stock if I sell it later. Great looking products from RSS btw.
FLM,
Send me a email. I will send you plenty of photos of our roll bar produced by GMG that we sell for our 2010 GT3. There is no cutting, welding, or fabrication needed as it uses factory attachment points for the cage. I can also attest that we had a 2008 GT3 that rolled over at Thunderhill a year and half ago with this cage installed and the customer walked away without a scratch.
Happy to tell you more and show you attachment points and anything you need to help with your needs.
Let me know.
Thanks

Robb

Old 03-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FLM911

Hi FLM911,

Hope all is well. The RSS standard harness/roll bar part #901 will indeed fit the 2010 GT3 - website had a glitch with fitment updates - fixed now. Feel free to contact us if you need more info, we're at your service.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:26 PM
rmag is infamous around these parts
I had one in my '07 GT3 and took it out. Per Suncoast Porsche website, it was not compatible with harnesses. You can obviously mount the harnesses on it...which I did for a few months until I read you shouldn't use harnesses with it, but don't believe it was built for them (unlike prior year tequipment rollbars). I replaced it with a DAS Sport.

Attached Images  
Old 03-17-2010, 04:31 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
I have a GMG in my GT2. I'm sure the other brand is great too. I like the GMG so well that I have one painted and ready for my GT3RS. Bolts right in the car and is painless. Very custom.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:03 PM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
whats the point of that roll bar if you aren't supposed to run harnesses in it

Old 03-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Alcyon has a spectacular aura aboutAlcyon has a spectacular aura about
I have the Panamericana rollbar and planning to use a six point harness with it. Why must not do it? Is it unsafe?
Thanks

Old 03-18-2010, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Alcyon
I have the Panamericana rollbar and planning to use a six point harness with it. Why must not do it? Is it unsafe?
Thanks
Not sure. Maybe the dual small x-bars can't stand the load during a hard impact... or maybe the website posted in error about not to use harnesses with it. I'd give suncoast porsche a call and see what they say.

Old 03-18-2010, 05:00 PM
It appears the website may have been wrong. Heres a paragraph from the tequipment catalog...

Although I still prefer one that mounts to the shock towers vs seatbelt holes

Attached Images  
Old 03-23-2010, 06:28 PM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
I've got the PanAmerica Bar, GT2 seats, and 6-point Hans belts in my 09 C2S. The bar is designed for 6-pointers.

Attached Images    
Old 03-23-2010, 09:55 PM
pvgolfer is infamous around these parts
Guys,
I have a Tequipment roll bar (not the PanAmerica style) which I will be selling soon. I don't know if it's a better fit for the 2010 GT3/RS. Just thought I'd throw it out there if anyone is interested.