Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

PCA Schattenbaum - NJMP - March 20-21

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 08:36 AM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
PCA Schattenbaum - NJMP - March 20-21

Hey guys

There is a HPDE at NJMP Thunderbolt on March 20-21, 2010. This is a weekend event! yay!

Date: March 20 - 21, 2010 (Saturday Sunday)

Where to Sign Up: Register Here! (motorsportreg.com)

Price: $315 for 2 days for instructed drivers / $295 for solo drivers (if you pay by cheque) /$140 for instructors.

Details: Create a user name and password. Sign up for the event. Your spot is not guaranteed until you pay them. This is a normal HPDE event, as in there will be classroom sessions for every group as well as instructors for beginners.

What You Need
1) a working car
2) all lug bolts on your wheels tightened up
3) a SA2005 Rated Helmet
4) leave your ego at the door!

Hotels: Quality Inn on North Second Street - minutes away from the track, near gas stations, food, etc!

Any of you guys here on 6speed going?

Old 03-13-2010, 09:22 AM
brownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the rough
I'm doing the Schattenbaum event in late April - one day each of Tbolt and Lightning. Really great facility NJMP.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:53 AM
thealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to all
I'm definitely going. It'll be my first DE ever and I'm major league stoked about it. Gonna get as much instruction as I possibly can...time to learn and burn!

Old 03-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by brownan
I'm doing the Schattenbaum event in late April - one day each of Tbolt and Lightning. Really great facility NJMP.
sweet. i signed up for PDA in late april at NJMP, but considering doing the PCA Schattenbaum event, considering its cheaper and better drivers.

Originally Posted by thealexman
I'm definitely going. It'll be my first DE ever and I'm major league stoked about it. Gonna get as much instruction as I possibly can...time to learn and burn!
sweet. ill be the grey m3 with yellow mirrors, or i might have my Mexico Blue ones on by then! come say hi!

Old 03-13-2010, 01:45 PM
thealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to all
I'll definitely say hi. If you see a guy looking really confused/nervous/totally ***** out excited....that'll be me. Since I'm so green, what's the procedure for getting the car teched? I'll be coming down from Boston thursday, but can make it a day earlier if more time is required. Thanks.

-Alex

Old 03-13-2010, 03:22 PM
brownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the rough
Alex, feel free to PM me if you want any advice. I instruct for SCDA and Audi Club and am happy to help you out with any questions.

Old 03-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by brownan
Alex, feel free to PM me if you want any advice. I instruct for SCDA and Audi Club and am happy to help you out with any questions.
Thank you very much! I really appreciate it. I'll drop you a PM tonight.

-Alex

Old 03-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by thealexman
Thank you very much! I really appreciate it. I'll drop you a PM tonight.

-Alex
the main things to look for

- all 5 lug bolts torqued to factory spec
- brake pads have more than 60% life
- brake fluid has been flushed within the past 3 weeks
- check tires
- make sure all fluids are proper and their containers have no leaks
- check for all leaks
- make sure your interior is completely empty (i have removed my floor mats as I hate putting them on the ground)
- bring basic tools, jack, impact gun (if you plan on swapping wheels)
- bring lunch and PLENTY of drinks (you can always buy at the Wawa down there)
- sun block, fly swatters (those at lightning last year know what im talking about), lysol wipes (clean that toilet seat before taking a dump)
- laptop for traqmate, other a/v equipment

here is a funny image from axisofoversteer.blogspot.com . Funny but so true

Old 03-13-2010, 09:38 PM
Thanks Pistol...and that photo is totally sweet. Also alarmingly informative as to my total lack of required accessories. Looks like I'm gonna have to talk my pit crew (Dad) into coming so i can bring the tools in his truck....not to mention I'm trying to get him into this (I just don't have the patience to fly fish, and we get so heated that we need to take separate carts when we play golf). Is the traqmate Mac compatible or is it a Windows only dance? Thanks for putting up with my newness.

-Alex

Old 03-14-2010, 09:44 PM
unfortunately traqmate is windows only (xp not sure about 7), but with a mac u can run parallels and xp and it handles windows better than a PC can.