Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

FVD race exhaust without cats for 2010 gt3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 11:58 AM
Desmo is infamous around these parts
FVD race exhaust without cats for 2010 gt3

Is it an option to have test pipes instead of cats with the fvd race exhaust for the 2010 gt3??? If rhonda can answer too that would be sweet!

Old 03-19-2010, 08:23 PM
no one ?not even RANGEr the fvd doctor salesman?

Old 03-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Thank you for the insult/sarcasm buddy.

Ranger

Old 03-19-2010, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Thank you for the insult/sarcasm buddy.

Ranger
Actually im not making fun of you at all...since youre the only member who seem to have fvd'S on gt3 i taught youd be the first to answer....still glad you posted but that really did not answer my question

Is there a reason why you run a catted system? I hate how mellow the cats make an engine sound...not even talking about the power they rob.....even HJS cats....

If nobody gives a sh_t answering ill probably cut the cat like i originaly planned, replace with a test pipe and weld the bungs on the straight pipe...im sure its worth at least 15whp

Old 03-20-2010, 04:09 AM
Porsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the roughPorsche Boy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Desmo
Actually im not making fun of you at all...since youre the only member who seem to have fvd'S on gt3 i taught youd be the first to answer....still glad you posted but that really did not answer my question

Is there a reason why you run a catted system? I hate how mellow the cats make an engine sound...not even talking about the power they rob.....even HJS cats....

If nobody gives a sh_t answering ill probably cut the cat like i originaly planned, replace with a test pipe and weld the bungs on the straight pipe...im sure its worth at least 15whp

I believe you will loose substantial power removing the cats and going with straight pipes, these n/a cars need some back pressure. FVD with their race pipes on the 997.1 generation looses substantial power with the straight pipe muffler deletes.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:39 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Porsche Boy
I believe you will loose substantial power removing the cats and going with straight pipes, these n/a cars need some back pressure. FVD with their race pipes on the 997.1 generation looses substantial power with the straight pipe muffler deletes.
Ditto.
This has been tested by FVD/M&M and many other tuners (Akrapovic, AWE, GMG ...). Has any other tuner designed headers without cats? NO.
There's a reason.
To the OP imho don't do it.
Oh and my RS sounds "mellow" with the cats? Whatever.

Ranger

Old 03-20-2010, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Ditto.
This has been tested by FVD/M&M and many other tuners (Akrapovic, AWE, GMG ...). Has any other tuner designed headers without cats? NO.
There's a reason.
To the OP imho don't do it.
Oh and my RS sounds "mellow" with the cats? Whatever.

Ranger
What i really meant is that remove completely the cats from any car while keeping the stock exhaust....even side mufflers for packpressure and youll find your car sing a much more pure song...thats all....just removing the cats wont lose anything....itll make more power if you dont touch the rest of the exhaust...akrapovic with just the sport cup who eliminate the side mufflers keeping stock cats and headers destroy the low end...so i beleive the back pressure really is needed:

Old 03-20-2010, 08:41 AM
Looking at cargrafic kit 5 ( essentially the same thing as fvd) if you remove the side mufflers a way to recoup the lost low end power is the long tubes headers (they add low midrange tq)...but the exhaust is so short on gt3 that the real problem is you dont have any tube lenght thus running crossovers on normal 997 or side mufflers on this gt cat...ranger your car sound real good with the race setup...but for me the one on your rs is too extreme i only have 2 cars so they need to be practicalCargraphic offer to weld hjs cats on stock gt3 headers they claim 10fwhp from that for 1995 euros! not cheep

Old 03-20-2010, 09:20 AM
Banned
Again IMHO don't do it. Don't you think individuals who know motorsports wouldn't have offered this already if it was a good idea.
Alex at Sharkwerks is always testing and if this was a winner I guarantee you he would have done it by now.
Don't you want the weight reduction (44lbs) by removing the side mufflers?
Keep the stock headers and cats and put on the designed center section for me by FVD/M&M. Much chesper than the Akrapovic titanium one I'd guess.
The Sharkwerks race center section will be to loud for you by what you said.

Ranger

Old 03-20-2010, 10:35 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Is it an option to have test pipes instead of cats with the fvd race exhaust for the 2010 gt3??? If rhonda can answer too that would be sweet!

Desmo,

Sorry for the late reply. I spoke with M&M directly on this. The stock center will not provide enough back pressure for the system without cats. Your low and mid range torque will suffer! Cat bypass with the side mufflers and the center resonator is fine but they are working on a few new systems for the 2010 GT3 that you may be interested in. I will be posting the new systems very soon.

Thanks!
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 03-20-2010, 10:52 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
ranger your car sound real good with the race setup...but for me the one on your rs is too extreme i only have 2 cars so they need to be practical
Desmo,

The new 2010 GT3 FVD Race Systems with the center muffler (like Rangers) will come in 2 sound levels. 106 dB and 98 dB. They will be available in about 3 weeks time and I will update you as I get information.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 03-20-2010, 11:38 AM
GTS-R is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
Desmo,

The new 2010 GT3 FVD Race Systems with the center muffler (like Rangers) will come in 2 sound levels. 106 dB and 98 dB. They will be available in about 3 weeks time and I will update you as I get information.

Thanks,
Rhonda
Is this visually identical to Ranger's system with just the rear muffler different internally to reduce sound levels?

Old 03-20-2010, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
Desmo,

Thanks,
Rhonda
The wait for your answer was worth it! Thanks to those who answered my question
P.s: ill give you a call rhonda!

Old 03-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by GTS-R
Is this visually identical to Ranger's system with just the rear muffler different internally to reduce sound levels?
GTS-R,

Yes, you hit the nail on the head.

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net