Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

My new RS is at the dealer!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Mercedes Benz is infamous around these partsMercedes Benz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
No graphics, just satin white wrap to protect the car from road/track rash.
Maybe I will ad a stripe later, but liking the clean, calssic RS look for now.
It is my daily driver.

Adding white roll bar, red schroth seat belts and fire extinguisher.

Traqmate, V1 and laser blockers install the week after.

Still looking for 18" CL so I can take it to the track.
Cool! I am looking forward to seeing it at the track!

Old 04-03-2010, 05:57 AM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Cannot wait till your car is completed! White Roll Cage is going to make this a beauty!

I too cannot wait to hit the track!!

Keep up the great work!

Old 04-03-2010, 08:14 AM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Hi Fred, not taking it as far as yours yet, but I suspect that the mirrors, wheels and wing will be flat black one day.

Flying to Tampa today to go see the car and test fit the extended seat sliders at C2 Design.

Never liked red, but I am going to try to live with it first.. Classic RS color combo after all.. I WILL satin wrap the entire can and over the red lips right away, minus spoiler and wing (clear bra). No Sharkwerks on the East Coast, but C2 Design is doing the work, so it should come out perfectly. I will also see if they can send me some pics and I will take some today.

The lips I can not live with and probably always will leave white.

Picking it up next weekend, hopefully will be at Homestead or Sebring the weekend after.....

Ordered a set of 18" BBS but they likely will not arrive on time....

Old 04-03-2010, 09:15 AM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Which set of BBS?

Old 04-03-2010, 09:27 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Well done indeed.... and she's looking lovely!

Old 04-03-2010, 09:16 PM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
The red lips are not so great, bad paint job by Porsche. Glad I decided to wrap white over it...

The seat has to be moved back, even the roll bar will have to be modified a bit to make sure I fit in the car...

I do like the red more in person then I expected, it fits the aggressiveness of the car. It looks so different form my white 997GT3. I was expecting the same car wth red, but this car is like a CUP car. Everything is so extreme, the uprights, wide fenders, huge air intake, gigantic rear wings...

Very in-your-face.. The red matches that look somehow..
After seeing it person I am very happy I chose white / red decal delete and cover over the red lips...

I like the interior, very plain, very racey. Pulls traps I could have done without, but they do look better without the silver regular door pull. Because I got the ticker steering wheel the wheel is black also. Better. I might paint the little bit of stuff that is bnot black yet black..

Attached Images   
Old 04-03-2010, 10:35 PM
bcarroll01 is infamous around these parts
Sick car but a random question. Why does it seem like I always see the round thing on the top center of the dash? What is this and what's it's purpose that makes everyone have it if it's not important? Sorry if it's a stupid question just trying to learn.

Old 04-04-2010, 01:34 AM
Brandon is infamous around these parts
its the timer you use when ur warming up the car. haha

Old 04-04-2010, 08:38 AM
wrench is infamous around these parts
Thank you for the time yesterday, we have a good plan in place and the car will be enjoyable both on and off the street. hopefully you have made it home safe. See you next weekend!

Old 04-04-2010, 09:02 AM
Chris, thanks again for picking me up from the airport and putting up with me on a saturday evening! Glad I stopped by to test fit the seat. My life would be easier if we just modified a coupld of inches out of my upper legs :-)

Which set of BBS?
Not sure, the cheapest ones .

Old 04-04-2010, 11:37 AM
I can schedule the surgery in our shop... band saw or plasma cutter... may need to find some local anesthetic.....

Old 04-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Andrew, not chris:-)

Old 04-06-2010, 01:09 PM
nbpua7TLType-S is infamous around these parts
congrats

Old 04-06-2010, 04:53 PM
SnowSpartan is infamous around these parts
awaiting for more pics!

Old 04-07-2010, 03:27 AM
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SnowSpartan
awaiting for more pics!
Ditto!