Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

FVD Brombacher – 2010 GT3/RS - M&M Race Exhaust Developments

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 08:19 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
FVD Brombacher – 2010 GT3/RS - M&M Race Exhaust Developments

Just wanted to start a thread thread that I will be periodically updating as M&M complete our new systems for the 2010 GT3 and GT3 S.

Here is a system that was just completed last week, here are a few pics…

PRE-RELEASE VIDEO!!!

We have quite a few systems that are currently being completed and tested, I will be updating this thread with as much information as possible...

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 03-25-2010, 08:34 PM
GTS-R is infamous around these parts
Will that work for a 2008 RS? What is the weight and price?

Old 03-25-2010, 09:07 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Jon with any concerns regarding sound levels this system looks perfect for your interest. Plus the system really looks nice in design.
Weight savings would seem a bit less than my system.

Ranger

Old 03-25-2010, 11:56 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
WOW

What an interesting looking exhaust. Is that catalytic converter right before the tail pipes and snow in Florida? lol I am sure it's Germany

This exhaust system is not as loud as Ranger's setup. They are holding the sound meter too close to the tail pipes that's why it register 105 db. It will be close to 95 db if they were to record it 10 - 15 feet away. Sound energy is directly related to distance. The close you are the louder it is. If I sneeze right infront of my sound meter it will record 98 db but I still pass sound at Laguna Seca despite of sneezing lol

Old 03-26-2010, 06:24 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Snow in Florida ! Funny it snowed in Pompano but not in Miami?
Seriously Rhonda, how about a system like that but without the side mufflers? Should be killer.

Ranger

Old 03-26-2010, 09:03 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GTS-R
Will that work for a 2008 RS? What is the weight and price?
P
m sent

Originally Posted by mikymu

What an interesting looking exhaust. Is that catalytic converter right before the tail pipes and snow in Florida? lol I am sure it's Germany

This exhaust system is not as loud as Ranger's setup. They are holding the sound meter too close to the tail pipes that's why it register 105 db. It will be close to 95 db if they were to record it 10 - 15 feet away. Sound energy is directly related to distance. The close you are the louder it is. If I sneeze right infront of my sound meter it will record 98 db but I still pass sound at Laguna Seca despite of sneezing lol
Thanks, the video is actually filmed at the M&M facility in Germany. Certainly looks like a cat but I don’t have all the details so I will keep you posted.

That is how M&M register the dB’s, I am sure that they have their reasons for being that close… German requirements are far more strict than ours. Considering that Grand Am rules are as follows, they are fairly similar…

7-1 Exhaust System -

7-1.1 Unless otherwise approved exhaust system must remain within the perimeter of the bodywork when viewed from above. Mufflers are mandatory.

7-1.2 Sound levels generated by individual cars may not exceed 106 dba. Compliance will be determined by static measurements taken at 18 inches from the ground, five feet back and five feet offset to the exhaust outlet.

Glad to hear your thoughts on the dB’s, Ranger’s system was measured the same way so if you think that a 105.7 dB system on a 3.8L should be a 95 dB at 10-15 ft away then Ranger’s system is nothing to sneeze at.

Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Seriously Rhonda, how about a system like that but without the side mufflers? Should be killer.

Ranger
It’s about 2-3 weeks out, the RS system is also currently in the works. That is exactly what I am planning for the U.S. market. That system will be available without side mufflers in 2 sound levels. 106 dB and ~ 98-100 dB.

The systems will offer incredible mid range power as usual. So corner exit grunt and increased lateral acceleration will be on tap!!

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 03-26-2010, 11:34 PM
GTS-R is infamous around these parts
Rhonda,
Didn't get the PM.