Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

The Madness Continues!! can you say PET.......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 10:12 AM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dsu*
keep the PCCB Yellow! that's the icon color, the color it should be in + it contrasts the car really well.

Right now looks more likely keeping yellow after looking at all options out there. The quickest turn around is like a week plus to get them repainted, etc. so I'de prefer driving it then having sit there for so long.

But all know things with me change by the seconds

Old 04-28-2010, 01:14 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
grey calipers with gt3rs script on it.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:17 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
coming in next week

Old 04-28-2010, 03:40 PM
Rec Racing has a spectacular aura aboutRec Racing has a spectacular aura about
Subscribed. Absolutely awesome car!

Old 04-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Dick Fidd is infamous around these parts
Love the changes! I vote just change the belts black and leave the calipers yellow. If you are far enough away from the car to see the calipers, not sure if you still pick up on the red stitching...

Old 04-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
Fred, how many chicks per mile is the RS giving you against the Panamera Turbo? do mods help with chicks?

Old 04-28-2010, 06:27 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Wonder what it would look like with the wing stands painted black or grey?

Old 04-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Well Sharkwerks does it again! Signed up for a track day on Friday - Thunderhill and they rushed to get the car done in time! Can you say service!!

First things first is the RSS bolt-in roll bar. Out come the seats...

In goes the roll bar, which fits nicely I might add

Then we start prepping the 6-point Schroth harnesses

Then the SharkWerks fire extinguisher bracket/kit:

First mounted to the seat:

Seat installed:

Both back in:

Fire extinguisher mounted up:

And finished....

We also decided to do a quick suspension upgrade (a really good idea for any MK1 or 2 GT3/RS actually) in the form of the RSS bumpsteer/toe-steer kit. On lowered Porsches with a factory toe steer link, the limited adjustment results in incorrect toe geometry. This part replaces the OEM part with a fully adjustable unit, allowing the toe to be adjusted to factory specifications.

The inner, neoprene bushing is also replaced with a steel monoball, which reduces dynamic changes in rear toe and further tightens up the car's handling.

Factory lower link:

In goes the RSS bump-steer/toe-steer kit:

Old 04-28-2010, 07:48 PM
Banned
gt2urbo is infamous around these partsgt2urbo is infamous around these parts
coming together quite nicely. well done sharkwerks

Old 04-30-2010, 07:24 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Fred,

Car looks awesome, report back on your track event. I am sure you will love it!

Time to change your avatar!

Old 05-01-2010, 07:36 AM
What a great time had at the track! Felt great to get back to the track. Been a year since I've been and boy did I miss it!!

As it had been a while I wanted to take it easy and gradually get back into it.

My impressions on the track and compared to the GT3RS Mk1 are as follows. The car overall has been greatly improved in regards to the suspension, flywheel, grip, steering, downforce and comfort. The car to me is best described as Jekyll and Hyde. It can be a daily driver but take it to the track and it turn into a mean machine. I had John Hua and James Wong who have the Mk1 RS drive my car and they both came back amazed at the car. They all agreed that this car has serious downforce, great steering, the rear sticks much better, flywheel greatly improved, breaking perfect, and ample power.

I couldn't agree more and now looking for more track days in May

With that said, enjoy!

Me

James Wong driving/Hua passenger

John Hua/James Wong strapping in for a test drive

Mr. Mako

Old 05-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Old 05-01-2010, 10:22 AM
werc1 is a glorious beacon of lightwerc1 is a glorious beacon of lightwerc1 is a glorious beacon of lightwerc1 is a glorious beacon of lightwerc1 is a glorious beacon of light
saw this car on Friday, on Chestnut. simply beautiful in person. great job

Old 05-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by werc1
saw this car on Friday, on Chestnut. simply beautiful in person. great job
Thanks werc! You must live in the Marina as well?

Old 05-01-2010, 10:52 AM
wantone is infamous around these parts
Fred, my car arrives 6/3. Thinking of going your route with the Sharkwerks exhaust. How many pounds would you say the mod saves AND how long was install time?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Madness Continues!! can you say PET.......