Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Fred's 2010 RS under the knife @ SharkWerks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 05:41 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
Awesome stuff, and always appreciate your taking the time to weigh all the parts. Thanks Alex!
Thank you Steve.. we're having a lot of fun for sure The parts weren't that heavy so Dan got a good work out!

Originally Posted by sin911
I am really curious on how the car is going to turn out with black accents and no decals/graphics...

Great work as usual guys, please post more exterior pics of the car when done!
It'll be a lot better me thinks... I'm sure Fred will show it...

Originally Posted by aviator33
great write up. What a beautiful car
Thanks and Fred will be hitting the tracks soon enough so you'll hear and see it I'm sure... Ear plugs advised

Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
Great writeup. thanks for showing the weight difference on the mufflers!
No worries casey....

Originally Posted by Trundle997
The stock Ti tips do give a unique look tho
Yes they do... although for him, he's going all black.

Originally Posted by 20-C4-10
very well laid out, can't wait for a sound clip
It's being uploaded as I type Sounded pretty fierce from start up and we only blipped it to 4.5k since it's not broken in yet

Originally Posted by cc08gt2
Really nice thread. Makes me think........
We're here

Originally Posted by Mercedes Benz
I liked the red wheels!!!!! But with the wheels now black, he better get rid of every bit of red, because now the car has way to many colors, gray, red, black, orange, yellow etc.....
Originally Posted by mikymu
Alex

Thanks so much for taking the time to take pictures and weigh all the exhaust pieces! You just made my day and save me the trouble to buy a 2010 RS just to obtain the measurement

Wow, that was quick on the wheels. How many black spray cans did you use? Who did the powder coat? That was fast.

Now, now. Let's don't start comparing the size of our tips lol

So the titanium center muffler offered 7.66 lbs of weight loss and the titanium tips lost another 1.3 lbs which total 8.96 lbs loss compare with it's steel siblings and cost $1843 more ..... AND still weigh 4.24 lbs more than your steel center muffler bypass with steel tips. Did I miss something here? Unless these OEM center muffler offer more power and better sound than your center muffler bypass then I would say these OEM titanium exhaust have no place on the 2010 RS.
Heh my pleasure mikymu and sorry I meant to do this earlier for you but at least we all know now for sure. The car sounds a bit more high pitched with the ti center section (marginal at best) compared to my 2010 GT3 with the steel one. Other than that it's still too quiet in stock form and I'd say for those that want to get a bit more sound... they know what to do now

Originally Posted by NorthVan
Great write up Alex! Awesome project.
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Awesome write up as usual!!!

Mike
Cheers mate.. I see you've still got you eye on the 3 section eh? At least until you get to say 800hp on the TT

Originally Posted by SmoothCab
Thata Baby Alex, lock and load.. Give the man what he craves and also get him back on his meds. That Ole Boy is crazy... He had the Pam for what 2 maybe 3 months.. Enjoy in the best of health Fred.. You've always got the latest and greatest toys Pal...
Thanks Kenny we're dishing them out I promise:P

Old 04-03-2010, 06:41 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
Heh my pleasure mikymu and sorry I meant to do this earlier for you but at least we all know now for sure. The car sounds a bit more high pitched with the ti center section (marginal at best) compared to my 2010 GT3 with the steel one. Other than that it's still too quiet in stock form and I'd say for those that want to get a bit more sound... they know what to do now
I wonder how many GT3 RS owners prefer quiet factory exhaust

Old 04-03-2010, 06:51 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
i'm sure 99%

Old 04-03-2010, 07:01 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Hmmm well I already know 5 that don't

Dan took all of Fred's red decals off and modified Jr

Attached Images  
Old 04-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Ok here you go fellas, the SharkWerks Track Exhaust on the new RS. Cold start and a few throttle blips (only to 4.5K rpms since she's not broken in).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_GF25TkT2k

Old 04-03-2010, 09:58 PM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !

The decals look better on Jr then they did on the RS!! Great seeing you guys today and the RS. I still think I need the track exhaust for my 3.9!!

Old 04-04-2010, 11:34 PM
dsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud of
great work as always sharky. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Old 04-05-2010, 12:00 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !

Love the red lip stick!

Have you had a chance to test straight line speed between your 3.9L and 2010 RS?

Old 04-05-2010, 11:21 AM
McKenna Porsche is infamous around these parts
Awesome work guys!

Old 04-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Ritesh is infamous around these parts
Awesome post guys. Its nice to see real weight data on the car. Did you guys weigh the RS stock with a full tank of gas?

Old 04-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Nice work as always guys!!

I can already see this picture making it's way all over the internet..lol

Old 04-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Banned
Jimbo_2 is infamous around these parts
Those new wheels really work aesthetically.

Old 04-05-2010, 04:57 PM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
I say all black, all the red must go!

I can't believe Porsche took the time to paint on the red lipstick and not even a nice paint job either with ragged edges when looked at from close up. The only thing I don't like about the car...

Hard to tell how loud it is in the video, even on the street I'd like a little louder than an unplugged Sharky center bypass only on my MKI GT3.

I bought the pervious GT3 that way, so I am not sure what stock sounds like, but I guess that means the RS stock might not be loud enough to be heard on track..

Old 04-06-2010, 03:27 AM
bonfire is just really nicebonfire is just really nicebonfire is just really nicebonfire is just really nice
Man, how many cars has Fred gone through in the past little while?

Car looks awesome.

Old 04-06-2010, 03:43 AM
stevespai is infamous around these parts
The track exhaust sounds great!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fred's 2010 RS under the knife @ SharkWerks