Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Fred's 2010 RS under the knife @ SharkWerks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 03:59 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stevespai
The track exhaust sounds great!
Thanks and glad you like it...

There's another video here of the track exhaust:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15SD8XYFX2Q

Originally Posted by bonfire
Man, how many cars has Fred gone through in the past little while?

Car looks awesome.
Umm.. I don't have enough fingers.. or toes come to think of it. A lot

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

Hard to tell how loud it is in the video, even on the street I'd like a little louder than an unplugged Sharky center bypass only on my MKI GT3.

I bought the pervious GT3 that way, so I am not sure what stock sounds like, but I guess that means the RS stock might not be loud enough to be heard on track..
It's much louder than that pal See the video above...

Originally Posted by Jimbo_2
Those new wheels really work aesthetically.
Me thinks so too. Red wheels are um... odd.

Originally Posted by Tom@Rennsport-1
Nice work as always guys!!

I can already see this picture making it's way all over the internet..lol

LOL yeah Dan's finest photoshop work

Originally Posted by Ritesh
Awesome post guys. Its nice to see real weight data on the car. Did you guys weigh the RS stock with a full tank of gas?
Originally Posted by McKenna Porsche
Awesome work guys!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by mikymu

Love the red lip stick!

Have you had a chance to test straight line speed between your 3.9L and 2010 RS?
Haven't but from what I could feel down low she felt a lot like our previous 3.8 build She doesn't rev quite as freely as the 3.9 either but it's still fast out of the box

Originally Posted by dsu*
great work as always sharky. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Thanks and I'm sure Fred's got some more stuff going on. We should have her back soon to do the RSS roll bar etc...

Originally Posted by snowboarder54
The decals look better on Jr then they did on the RS!! Great seeing you guys today and the RS. I still think I need the track exhaust for my 3.9!!
Haha... thanks and yes we'll have to give it a go on yours
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15SD8XYFX2Q

Old 04-07-2010, 11:09 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster

Haven't but from what I could feel down low she felt a lot like our previous 3.8 build She doesn't rev quite as freely as the 3.9 either but it's still fast out of the box
Interesting. Let us know if you get to do some pulls with your 3.9L vs. 3.8L RS

Old 04-08-2010, 02:06 AM
weedoz is infamous around these parts
Is it the same GT3 RS in the Utube? in the SharkWerks account?

Old 04-08-2010, 07:37 AM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
Hehe!! Don't expect the outcome to be much different than the regular 3.8 GT3!

Old 04-08-2010, 10:22 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by snowboarder54
Hehe!! Don't expect the outcome to be much different than the regular 3.8 GT3!
That's about the size of it ya
Originally Posted by weedoz
Is it the same GT3 RS in the Utube? in the SharkWerks account?
yes sir...

Just head over to: http://www.youtube.com/user/sharkwerks
You bet... although it won't be much different to the 2010 GT3 vs ours that we ran before

Old 04-08-2010, 07:55 PM
rwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to behold
Alex

Thanks so much for taking the time to take pictures and weigh all the exhaust pieces! You just made my day and save me the trouble to buy a 2010 RS just to obtain the measurement

Wow, that was quick on the wheels. How many black spray cans did you use? Who did the powder coat? That was fast.

Now, now. Let's don't start comparing the size of our tips lol
Wow! I've always been a fan of big ti.....Wait a minute.....OH! TIPS

Yeah, I like those big too.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:53 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sharkster
Ok here you go fellas, the SharkWerks Track Exhaust on the new RS. Cold start and a few throttle blips (only to 4.5K rpms since she's not broken in).
Sounds AWESOME. What a great post, thanks for all the info.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:52 AM
Mercedes Benz is infamous around these partsMercedes Benz is infamous around these parts
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that sounds incredible! It's hard to tell from the videos, but does the RS with the track exhaust sound much different then the 997.2 GT3 with the track exhaust? in person that is...

Old 04-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by Mercedes Benz
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that sounds incredible! It's hard to tell from the videos, but does the RS with the track exhaust sound much different then the 997.2 GT3 with the track exhaust? in person that is...
Hey Mercedes Benz, it actually sound the same and until Fred let's loose in terms of break-in you can hear what it sounds like untapped here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSz_rJ1jnQ4

Old 04-11-2010, 03:28 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Mr. Sharkster,

Any update on the black accents and exterior of the car?

Old 04-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by sin911
Mr. Sharkster,

Any update on the black accents and exterior of the car?
Yes sir... this week should see it completed. I'll post some pix for sure

Old 04-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Phase 2: Fred going to the track

Fred's got his first track event for the RS coming up later this week so it was time to get her a bit more "ready".

First things first is the RSS bolt-in roll bar. Out come the seats...

In goes the roll bar, which fits nicely I might add

Then we start prepping the 6-point Schroth harnesses

Then the SharkWerks fire extinguisher bracket/kit:

First mounted to the seat:

Seat installed:

Both back in:

Fire extinguisher mounted up:

And finished....

We also decided to do a quick suspension upgrade (a really good idea for any MK1 or 2 GT3/RS actually) in the form of the RSS bumpsteer/toe-steer kit. On lowered Porsches with a factory toe steer link, the limited adjustment results in incorrect toe geometry. This part replaces the OEM part with a fully adjustable unit, allowing the toe to be adjusted to factory specifications.

The inner, neoprene bushing is also replaced with a steel monoball, which reduces dynamic changes in rear toe and further tightens up the car's handling.

Factory lower link:

In goes the RSS bump-steer/toe-steer kit:

Have fun at the track

Old 04-28-2010, 07:09 PM
stevespai is infamous around these parts
Very nice Which track?

Old 04-28-2010, 07:16 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Thunderhill.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:20 PM
dsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud of
wheels?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fred's 2010 RS under the knife @ SharkWerks