Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

RS progress pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 05:53 AM
wrench is infamous around these parts
TRAKCAR update.. 2 awesome days of progress, 3 if you include saturday. Working with the wrap star today, oh man I need to get into marketing. today the car gets vinylyzed... Seat modifications (check) sub bars (check) Schroth Belts, (check) plates installed (check) laser diffusor (check)........Dont you want to bolt on some new exhaust before it leaves? would be a nice treat for the trip back home..

Old 04-07-2010, 06:29 AM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Speaking of Marketing.. Pics??

Driving the better half home for 5 hours, let's go gentle on her. She believes that this car is much more comfortable with stock seats and exhaust and all...
Let me first try the car without exhaust for al least one track event and give my AMEX a breather... See you Saturday..

Old 04-07-2010, 11:39 AM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
First wrap pics.

3 more sleepless nights before pickup..
Looks like long days for C2 design coming up ;-)

Attached Images   
Old 04-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Former Vendor
RSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond repute
Nice work...

Nice work...Always good to see an RS taken up a notch.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:14 PM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
very nice... and yes its a slippery slope

Old 04-07-2010, 12:38 PM
Substrap bar, roll bar mounts, front bumper red over spray on the inside...

Attached Images     
Old 04-07-2010, 02:25 PM
I don't like the wrap, I think they rushed it ;-)

Attached Images  
Old 04-07-2010, 03:45 PM
HRTC is infamous around these parts
That overspray is crap. It came like that from the factory?

Have you shown those pice to the dealer?

Old 04-07-2010, 07:20 PM
wrench is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by HRTC
That overspray is crap. It came like that from the factory?

Have you shown those pice to the dealer?

All though not on a porsche gt3 rs, i have seen much worse on "the inside" of many high end vehicles. I guess they consider the overall appearance is what matters. In an era of robot painters and CNC equipment there is something to be said for work actually done by hand. If you look closely at the red "lipstick" from the front of the car you can see where it was hand masked. that is what makes some of these cars unique.. Probably many if not all of the 997.2 Gt3 rs cars will be similar.

I once PDI'd a land rover at the dealer that had an AC condensor caved in, the guys at the port had swapped the bumper and support after an "incident" and let the car go.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:56 AM
A few pics of the car at C2 Design.
Flying in tomorrow evening..

Glad to know there is a solid security system to look after my roll bar / car at night ;-)

To complete today:
Bumpers wrapped and put on the car
GT3RS decal put over the wrap on the trunk
Clear side marker lights
Rear spoiler and mirrors back on the car
Seats and rest of interior goes back in
Put brake ducts and spoiler lip back on

More completed pics by tomorrow.

Attached Images      

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 04-09-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:20 PM
brim has a spectacular aura aboutbrim has a spectacular aura aboutbrim has a spectacular aura about
Sweet! I love the satin white wrap and good call with the white rollbar!

Old 04-09-2010, 11:18 PM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
i know chris is enjoying do the work on this car

Old 04-10-2010, 07:25 PM
I just drove it the first 50 miles..

First imprssions:
much more noice into the cabine from the engine, more comfortable.
The more comfortable is difficult to explain. The seats, maybe because I sit higher, tires, not lowered yet, but the car is much more a normal car than my GT3 was.

I think it is a beauty, the color came out nicer than expected. The guys from C2 Design impressed me all the way through the process, but you don't know until you pick up the car..

Now I am even more impressed. Skinz from Miami did a great job in double and tripple wrapping the car. You have to look for a seam to know it it wrapped!!

The wife even approved enthusiastically, she's comfortable in it also, they did a great job and surprised me with some details that are just cool. The way the K40 was build in, the brackets for the seats, everything done perfectly.

Attached Images    
Old 04-10-2010, 07:31 PM
A couple more pics:

Attached Images   
Old 04-12-2010, 02:34 AM
Mercedes Benz is infamous around these partsMercedes Benz is infamous around these parts
Came out great! so when is your first track event?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RS progress pics