Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Seat belt warning disable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 09:15 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I just don't like the light on, I have the extra seat belts, but I will still see if we can chip out the lights, chimes and warning messages.
chk email

Old 04-24-2010, 02:31 PM
jbxea1 is infamous around these parts
My dealer shut mine off for free also.

Old 04-24-2010, 02:46 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
When I approached my dealer, they refused citing liability.

If you have a friend with a newer Durametric cable, you can shut if off with their beta software.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:05 PM
TCSRACING1 has a spectacular aura aboutTCSRACING1 has a spectacular aura about
your dealer has the power to do it.

i have disconnected airbags, seat belt chime and tire pressure warning indicator. Also added daytime running lights.

now to find out what to do with installation of CUP doors...... ?

Old 04-26-2010, 01:37 AM
ir_fuel is infamous around these parts
Just had a great weekend @ Nordschleife with the car.

BTW dunno in de USA but I only needed 1 buckle. For the passenger seat there is no warning when they dont use the regular seatbelt.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:26 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ir_fuel
Just had a great weekend @ Nordschleife with the car.

BTW dunno in de USA but I only needed 1 buckle. For the passenger seat there is no warning when they dont use the regular seatbelt.
Yes, that is true here so all you need is one male buckle on driver side. Any video of your drive?

Old 04-27-2010, 03:53 AM
Originally Posted by mikymu
Yes, that is true here so all you need is one male buckle on driver side. Any video of your drive?
Sorry, can't show any.
It is officially forbidden to film or take pictures from inside the car on the Nordschleife circuit and I respect that. I only have some pictures taken by spectators. No in-car footage.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:55 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Sorry, can't show any.
It is officially forbidden to film or take pictures from inside the car on the Nordschleife circuit and I respect that. I only have some pictures taken by spectators. No in-car footage.
Really!? Why???? It's not like it's a safety issue as long as your camcorders are secure. I could see that rule enforced if some yahoo decide to drive and film in the same time by holding a camcorder

Old 04-27-2010, 07:49 AM
T.K
T.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant future
Really!? Why???? It's not like it's a safety issue as long as your camcorders are secure. I could see that rule enforced if some yahoo decide to drive and film in the same time by holding a camcorder
The official line is that its to stop people racing themselves, the unofficial line is that its to stop footage of nurburgring idiocy, and fatal crashes, getting into the public domain.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by T.K
The official line is that its to stop people racing themselves, the unofficial line is that its to stop footage of nurburgring idiocy, and fatal crashes, getting into the public domain.
I don't see the logic on the the first point. I drive more carefully when a camcorder is rolling. I can't take the concern of "racing themselves" seriously save for the few mentally challenge yahoos out there - there is no stopping them from making a fool out of themselves.

I can see why they maybe concern of the second point. What if some driver run off a bike by driving too aggressively or worst yet two cars racing side by side and crash into a tour bus killing 15. If these footage get out then it maybe enough to shut down Nurburgring to the public. That will be devastating on the business stand point.

The only way around this issue is to enforce strict safety protocol and EVERY car that run on the Nurburgring must have roll bar and harness. People have to drive with helmet. No more silly tour bus and minivan full of tourist. Separate cars and bikes by different run times and skill level. Basically they have to run the Nurburgring with track day mentality - which they should since it's a racing circuit. They will not rake in as much money but it will be alot safer without the need to extract people from the barrier while trying to prove to their girlfriend they are the real Stig.

Personally, I will record my drive on the Nurburgring so I can analyze my lines later. It will help make me a safer driver

Old 04-28-2010, 02:28 AM
Originally Posted by T.K
the unofficial line is that its to stop footage of nurburgring idiocy, and fatal crashes, getting into the public domain.
Which is completely idiotic, as with the amount of spectators filming and taking pictures it will get in the public domain anyway.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:30 AM
Personally, I will record my drive on the Nurburgring so I can analyze my lines later. It will help make me a safer driver
Are you coming over?

and btw, they check for camera equipment at the start. Dont go to the gates with a cam mounted to your rollbar or windscreen.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:39 AM
T.K
T.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant future
Hey, don't shoot the messenger!!

The ring is massively economically important for what is an otherwise slightly sleepy region of Germany. Given how regulated Germany is, the scarcely believable craziness of sliding past a bus full of kids on the outside of miss-hit-miss whilst you dice with a Fireblade, is a bit of an anomoly.

Anyone that has spent any time there will have seen some pretty shocking things, especially since the massive increase in popularity in the last 5 years has seen traffic levels spike and driving standards collapse.

I think they are just a bit cagey about the whole place. Really, touristfahrten should stop.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:57 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
I don't see the logic on the the first point. I drive more carefully when a camcorder is rolling. I can't take the concern of "racing themselves" seriously save for the few mentally challenge yahoos out there - there is no stopping them from making a fool out of themselves.

I can see why they maybe concern of the second point. What if some driver run off a bike by driving too aggressively or worst yet two cars racing side by side and crash into a tour bus killing 15. If these footage get out then it maybe enough to shut down Nurburgring to the public. That will be devastating on the business stand point.

The only way around this issue is to enforce strict safety protocol and EVERY car that run on the Nurburgring must have roll bar and harness. People have to drive with helmet. No more silly tour bus and minivan full of tourist. Separate cars and bikes by different run times and skill level. Basically they have to run the Nurburgring with track day mentality - which they should since it's a racing circuit. They will not rake in as much money but it will be alot safer without the need to extract people from the barrier while trying to prove to their girlfriend they are the real Stig.

do you also want windows rolled down and a mandatory pointby?

Old 04-28-2010, 12:59 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
Are you coming over?

and btw, they check for camera equipment at the start. Dont go to the gates with a cam mounted to your rollbar or windscreen.

what about timing equipment like traqmate?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Seat belt warning disable