Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Seat belt warning disable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 02:41 AM
ir_fuel is infamous around these parts
Seat belt warning disable

Question for you guys with 6 point harness in the car. How do you solve the seat belt warning beep problem? My Porsche centre told me it cannot be disabled so i need to click something into the normal seatbelt position.

Isnt this weird that Porsche provides us with a free 6 point harness when taking the clubsport package, but that we pratically cannot use it because the car keeps on beeping when not wearing the normal seatbelt?

Old 04-21-2010, 03:34 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
It can actually be programmed with the PIWIS but another option is indeed to use a seat belt buckle replica.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:56 AM
Nice ppl at the Porsche centre then ...

Old 04-21-2010, 04:19 AM
wurlie is infamous around these parts
In Europe the chime turns off after a short while.
w

Old 04-21-2010, 07:43 AM
sheim911rs has a spectacular aura aboutsheim911rs has a spectacular aura aboutsheim911rs has a spectacular aura about
I pass the belt behind the seat and plug it in

Old 04-21-2010, 10:09 AM
smf32s is infamous around these parts
I bought a used seat belt from a parts dismantler and just kept it in my track bag. Most German vehicles use the same seat belt male piece. Easy and inexpensive.

Stu

Old 04-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by smf32s
I bought a used seat belt from a parts dismantler and just kept it in my track bag. Most German vehicles use the same seat belt male piece. Easy and inexpensive.

Stu

Gonna do that do. Prolly costs less than paying Porsche to turn off the thing.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:47 PM
himself is a jewel in the roughhimself is a jewel in the roughhimself is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ir_fuel
Gonna do that do. Prolly costs less than paying Porsche to turn off the thing.
The dealer should turn it off for free. Mine did.

-td

Old 04-22-2010, 12:27 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ir_fuel
Question for you guys with 6 point harness in the car. How do you solve the seat belt warning beep problem? My Porsche centre told me it cannot be disabled so i need to click something into the normal seatbelt position.

Isnt this weird that Porsche provides us with a free 6 point harness when taking the clubsport package, but that we pratically cannot use it because the car keeps on beeping when not wearing the normal seatbelt?
Here is how I solve the problem in an earlier post last year as follow: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2630928

Hope this helps

After I change to GT2 seats I realize the seat belt warning light comes on if I don't plug in the OEM street buckle. So, I use the 6 point harness and then buckle in the street seat belt just to avoid the instrument warning light for couple months .... boy, do I look retarded lol. I noticed that Joe had an extra of seat belt buckle in the receiver - BINGO, no more warning lights. Joe was nice enough to share with me that the extra seat belt buckle can be purchased on e-bay for $19. They are not OEM Porsche parts but rather generic seat belt extension. You have to buy the complete set of seat belt assembly to just get the buckle if you chose OEM route ... $$$

You want to order the "A belt clip" with 7/8" width then just cut the buckle off the belt. Here is the link to the seat belt extension e-bay vendor[/url]. Seller is hidcountry.

No more seat belt warning lights

Old 04-22-2010, 11:22 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
yep. it's the same clip for a toyota. i almost cut the one in my 4runner. good thing it's on ebay.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:49 PM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
I just don't like the light on, I have the extra seat belts, but I will still see if we can chip out the lights, chimes and warning messages.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:58 AM
Got me a seat belt buckle

Cant wait to test out the harness on the Nurburgring this weekend.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:34 PM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
Sweet seats Mike! If you want to save some more weight how about I swap you for my CGT seats? LOL!

Old 04-23-2010, 01:10 PM
atleung is infamous around these partsatleung is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I just don't like the light on, I have the extra seat belts, but I will still see if we can chip out the lights, chimes and warning messages.
My guy did it in 5 minutes. He could not read the RS' DME itself, but everything else was readable/changeable. This was under "code", I think. There was one switch for the driver side and one for passenger side.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:22 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by D-UberCars
Sweet seats Mike! If you want to save some more weight how about I swap you for my CGT seats? LOL!
Cool! They better don't have any hello kitty on them

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Seat belt warning disable