Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Some GT3 Help Please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 08:32 AM
Porsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the rough
Some GT3 Help Please!

SOME 2010 GT3 HELP NEEDED.

First off, here is my situation:

I am car crazy! I love cars. I have been through a lot of them and I am on the cusp of purchasing a new 2010 GT3.
I test drove the 2007 GT3 and now I personally know how great it is. Not like I didn't know before from every write-up, review and video that I have read or watched about 100 times each. So please know I am fully aware of its awesomeness, no need to compare it another car.

First off, The 2010 GT3 would be a second car, NOT my DD.
BUT, here is where the questions begin. I have a daughter and I am quite busy. This car would be solely a ROAD car (long drives by myself, occasionally to work, mornings, coastal rides, etc.) I love the track but will most likely not make it there more than 2 times per year due to time constraints.

I would be buying a 2010 GT3 to replace my E90 M3 DCT.
Then I would be getting a DD BMW 335x Sedan or Audi S4.
I live in New England. So my fear is the roads. Even though I will have a DD. Do you guys pick your route before leaving the house? I just keep driving my Lowered E90 around wondering how the 2010 GT3 will make it over some of the roads (potholes/approaches to inclines, etc.) we are subject to in New England. I suppose the whole car is fine. Its mostly the front lip that worries me. I know it is replacable for a few hundred But I dont want to scrape it all over the place, listening to that noise! Anyone in New England? or a similar area that can help me out.

Again, I know the GT3 is the best. I made that decision over a 2010 PDK Turbo Coupe for the excitement. So I could get either, but I know the GT3 is a more fun car. Other members here in New England that lives near me said the 2010 GT3 was too much track and not enough street for our area.

Thanks

Please help me because I am driving myself crazy (no pun intended).
D

Last edited by Porsche119; 04-30-2010 at 08:36 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:55 AM
10GT3 is infamous around these parts10GT3 is infamous around these parts
i have had my 10 gt3 for almost a year now and have almost 9k on the clock. lots of speed bumps here and potholes but no problem. i have had the car lowered 15mm from stock and have no trouble driving up any driveway (45 years of driving lowered cars helps for experience). have scraped very slightly on occasion, but you could not see any damage so far. i do not have the "lift" system and would not spring for it at the price asked based on my experience.

GO FOR IT, NOW!!!!

Old 04-30-2010, 09:20 AM
Porsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the rough
Thanks 10 GT3!

Old 04-30-2010, 09:24 AM
10GT3 is infamous around these parts10GT3 is infamous around these parts
by the way, i also own a 997tt, and almost never drive it anymore. there is no comparison between the two in terms of the driving experience. the gt3 is so much more visceral and intoxicating.

good luck

alan

Old 04-30-2010, 11:06 AM
jakegt3 is infamous around these parts
I am also a New Englander and have had my '07 GT3 since last fall. It does not have the front lift (wasn't available on this car). The front lip is showing some scrapes now. You can lessen the chance of hitting speed bumps and steep driveway/garage ramps by angling the car up, but some are just too steep to avoid hitting. Over time you will definitely scrape the lip. There are some areas I just avoid for this reason.

Also, the suspension travel on this car is very limited. This means you cannot hit deep potholes or road depressions without bottoming. Just be careful.