Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Sports chrono package w/ out pcm?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 10:57 PM
DD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud of

what is this? good or bad? it is listen as on option on my car.

I know i have a screen in the car, but no nav

Last edited by DD GT3 RD; 05-01-2010 at 03:00 AM.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:40 AM
Izzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to behold
No big deal on a GT3.....

Old 05-01-2010, 10:12 AM
DD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud of
But what's that mean?

Old 05-01-2010, 12:32 PM
drdrilz is a jewel in the roughdrdrilz is a jewel in the roughdrdrilz is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by sammyrusso
But what's that mean?
it means you have a $700 timer on top of the dash. since you dont have the 3.0 PCM, you dont get the added options to adjust certain personal settings like lights, wipers, door locks, etc. it doesnt have the same function as "sports chrono" option on the carrera or turbo models since the sport button is standard.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:46 PM
spyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to all
Originally Posted by drdrilz
it means you have a $700 timer on top of the dash. since you dont have the 3.0 PCM, you dont get the added options to adjust certain personal settings like lights, wipers, door locks, etc. it doesnt have the same function as "sports chrono" option on the carrera or turbo models since the sport button is standard.

I was thinking of the same thing about why people are getting the sports chrono on GT3's?

I am specing out my August delivery of 2011 GT3 RS...wondering why I would order the sports chrono without 3.0 PCM? Would love to get opinion's either way. The sales rep says I should get sports chrono because everyone orders these on the RS's.

I noticed that the car used in the Porsche promo video's that the RS does not have sports chrono, full leather, ceramic brakes and navigation. I can understand the car not having everything except the ceramic brakes . Maybe Porsche thinks the stock brakes are all the RS needs?

Old 05-02-2010, 12:10 AM
i also was gona look into getting navigation added....wanted to see if its possible? guy at dealer said it was as long as i have the screen in the car....but he said to talk to service

Old 05-02-2010, 12:36 AM
JAMS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by spyderman
The sales rep says I should get sports chrono because everyone orders these on the RS's.
Pardon my French, but your salesman is full of crap! Sport Chrono in the RS is no more than a wart on the dash and will probably hurt you on resale... Avoid it like the plague!

Old 05-02-2010, 10:42 AM
12:03 has a spectacular aura about12:03 has a spectacular aura about
What does everyone have against the chrono??? I like the timer... for... seeing how long it takes me to send text msgs... etc

Old 05-02-2010, 01:14 PM
DBV
DBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud of
Sport Chrono on the RS is like bringing sand to the beach. Completely unnecessary. Yes, the little chronograph is cool looking, but if I'm buying an RS and really need a real timing function, I'd just opt for a Traqmate.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:54 PM
ir_fuel is infamous around these parts
Did you see what you can do with a sport chrono plus package these days?

www.chronolyze.com

It is a lot more than just a laptimer

Old 05-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Nugget is infamous around these parts
It's still worthless as a lap timer. Any device that relies on you to flip the little turn signal stalk with tenth-of-a-second precision just cannot be taken seriously. Skip it and buy a Traqmate. When I was shopping for my RS I considered SC to be a negative when looking at cars on the market.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:50 PM
spyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to all
Originally Posted by JAMS
Pardon my French, but your salesman is full of crap! Sport Chrono in the RS is no more than a wart on the dash and will probably hurt you on resale... Avoid it like the plague!
Thanks for all your advice... It drives me nuts when the salesman knows so little about the cars they sell. With that being said...what options are a must on ordering a GT3 RS??

Old 05-02-2010, 09:57 PM
JAMS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by spyderman
Thanks for all your advice... It drives me nuts when the salesman knows so little about the cars they sell. With that being said...what options are a must on ordering a GT3 RS??
I can't even begin to answer that... everyone believes their car is the perfect spec. You just have to decide what is important to you and whether you are trying to stay within a budget. Best of luck with it. (But don't get the Sport Chrono!)