Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

First practice in my new Cup Car !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Former Vendor
GTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond repute
It's just not terribly well known that we also manufacture synchronized gears that are straight cut, in addition to our standard helical race gears.

The guys in Europe have really started using a lot of these in their race cars, and there's even several cars running the 24 Hours of the Ring next week using them. But for some reason they haven't caught on in the states. They are significantly stronger than our own helical gears and way way stronger and more durable than the cast gears the factory puts in the GT3 street cars. And they don't require any further investment in the box other than the gears and their installation. They use OEM German dogteeth, stock synchros, sliders and shift forks, and just replace the stock gears. They don't even cost any more than our helical gears do (but don't ask because I'm not allowed to talk numbers in the general forums).

Old 05-06-2010, 02:04 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Those cup cars are so much fun! I took a little joy ride in one of those a couple months ago. I didn't get to drive it but at least I was in the passenger seat

Those engines and the gearboxes sound amazing!

Old 05-06-2010, 02:13 PM
GT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really nice
Originally Posted by sin911
Those cup cars are so much fun! I took a little joy ride in one of those a couple months ago. I didn't get to drive it but at least I was in the passenger seat

Those engines and the gearboxes sound amazing!
The owner must doing DE or having coaching with the help of the passenger seat, otherwise there is no seat on the right side

Old 05-06-2010, 02:15 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GT3Techno
The owner must doing DE or having coaching with the help of the passenger seat, otherwise there is no seat on the right side
He was a big guy and he said he needed bigger driver seat so he swapped the driver seat to the passenger side and got him a big one. He said the one that came with the car was for skinny dudes like me

Old 05-06-2010, 02:22 PM
GT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really nice
Originally Posted by sin911
He was a big guy and he said he needed bigger driver seat so he swapped the driver seat to the passenger side and got him a big one. He said the one that came with the car was for skinny dudes like me
Can't be more true than this. These OEM OMP standard seats are for kids ! I switched mine for an XL Recaro and I'm 6 feet 190 pounds... I installed also a Recaro on the passenger side because I thought someone normal wouldn't fit in the OMP unless they are 150 pounds or less !

The brand new OMP carbon OEM is for sale by the way

Old 05-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by GT3Techno
Can't be more true than this. These OEM OMP standard seats are for kids ! I switched mine for an XL Recaro and I'm 6 feet 190 pounds... I installed also a Recaro on the passenger side because I thought someone normal wouldn't fit in the OMP unless they are 150 pounds or less !

The brand new OMP carbon OEM is for sale by the way
I'm 5'10 & 175 lbs, I couldn't move in those seats

I'm considering Recaro Pole Positions for my car in the near future...

Old 05-07-2010, 08:50 AM
bliss at 9k is infamous around these parts
Great video thanks for sharing!

Old 05-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Rec Racing has a spectacular aura aboutRec Racing has a spectacular aura about
Awesome! Made my morning, thanks for the video!

Old 05-07-2010, 10:04 AM
InrevInc has much to be proud ofInrevInc has much to be proud ofInrevInc has much to be proud ofInrevInc has much to be proud ofInrevInc has much to be proud ofInrevInc has much to be proud ofInrevInc has much to be proud ofInrevInc has much to be proud of
Je suis vraiment jaloux!

Wow! Are you in the Le Circuit club or something else? I'll be at the Jim Russell driving event on the 12th of May, I can't wait!

Old 05-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by InrevInc
Je suis vraiment jaloux!

Wow! Are you in the Le Circuit club or something else? I'll be at the Jim Russell driving event on the 12th of May, I can't wait!
Club Tremblant member. The track should be in good shape next week for your event. I was planning to go there this weekend but they are forecasting snow on Sunday

If you look closely at the video, you can actually see some snow remaining on the ski runs of the Mont Tremblant in the background