Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

One-touch up on Passenger Window

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 06:16 AM
BartN (TX) has a spectacular aura aboutBartN (TX) has a spectacular aura about
One-touch up on Passenger Window

My passenger window wont go up with the one-touch feature unless it is already stationary at half way up. My driver's side works as you would expect it to.

The dealer says this is a child safety 'feature' but that strikes me as odd because the Cayenne I'm driving works normally and there's no other vehichle Porsche builds that would be more child concience than it.

How does all of your windows work?

Old 05-06-2010, 06:33 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
You need a Smart Key, has a number of other features as well

http://www.wit-usa.com/sms/shop/inde...ode=view&id=49

Old 05-06-2010, 06:36 AM
Originally Posted by NorthVan

Looks cool but I want to be able to be driving and just tap the window button and have it go up without messing with a key.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:44 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
yup this stupid thing always annoys me, its like why would you make the passenger window semi auto up, meaning it only goes up continuously from the halfway point, stupid, luckily thats the only thing I hate about the car

Old 05-06-2010, 06:49 AM
Ok, so it is working as designed. I was hoping my car was messed up and I could get it fixed. Really is a STUPID feature.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:15 AM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Really is a STUPID feature.
I thought something was wrong with mine also!

Old 05-06-2010, 07:17 AM
Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !
It's not what you guys think....

I have a 09' Carrera and a 10' GT3. In the Carrera once its halfway you can release the switch and it goes up all the way. In my GT3 it acts crazy on the passenger side. It will come back down if you release even after halfway. It's annoying and embarassing. It's like it has a mind of its own. I just hold the switch till it goes all the way up. But not at the same time as the drivers one or it could go back down.

Anyone else with a 2010 GT3 having odd passenger window issues??

Old 05-06-2010, 07:33 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Scott997
It's not what you guys think....

I have a 09' Carrera and a 10' GT3. In the Carrera once its halfway you can release the switch and it goes up all the way. In my GT3 it acts crazy on the passenger side. It will come back down if you release even after halfway. It's annoying and embarassing. It's like it has a mind of its own. I just hold the switch till it goes all the way up. But not at the same time as the drivers one or it could go back down.

Anyone else with a 2010 GT3 having odd passenger window issues??

wow thats even worse

Old 05-06-2010, 07:39 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BartN (TX)
Looks cool but I want to be able to be driving and just tap the window button and have it go up without messing with a key.
That is what it does, one touch up...just like the drivers side, as well as a number of other things (like horn beeping when locking and unlocking).

Old 05-06-2010, 08:24 AM
Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !
Im use to that from the carrera but in the GT3 it has a mind of its own.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:33 AM
rapidsequence is infamous around these parts
i have the same issue with my 10GT3 also. i thought it was working properly before(but wasnt paying attention to whether it was half-way up or not) so i thought the one-touch function was just not working. so it is suppose to be like that??

Old 05-06-2010, 06:54 PM
No, the windows are wacky. It's unpredictable, it may go all the way up or stop and come down. I've just been holding the button for the passenger side until it closes.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:37 AM
Originally Posted by NorthVan

I just looked at this closer and it seems like a pretty handy thing. Anyone here have one? Was it a snap to install?

Old 05-07-2010, 08:41 AM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
original poster's issue is WORKING AS NORMAL.
dealer told me that it's to prevent ppl from chopping hands finger or head off. well. if u or ur child are that stupid...

all 997 (not sure about cab) coupes do that. annoying.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by mooty
dealer told me that it's to prevent ppl from chopping hands finger or head off. well.
THen I wonder why they didn't do the same thing to the Cayenne which is their biggest mommymobile.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: One-touch up on Passenger Window