Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

'10 RS at Sebring Video.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 08:35 PM
Most-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I was wearing a Hans and helmet....
Too funny I only mentioned it because I am scared to death of fire when I race.

Thumbs up because that is one of the best vids I've seen in a long time. I need to get to Sebring......

Old 05-27-2010, 04:57 PM
mjnsx07 is infamous around these parts
wow.
great video and love your car

Old 05-27-2010, 11:37 PM
Laguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
3:15 was sick! Sliding out of a turn is not the fastest, but damn is it fun! Good stuff man. Really solid, top notch driving.

Old 05-28-2010, 02:19 AM
Mercedes Benz is infamous around these partsMercedes Benz is infamous around these parts
Nice! however it seemed your 2nd lap on turn 17 was a bit hairy no? lots of steering movement and a downshift in mid turn? eh, maybe it was just me getting scared watching the video! LOL I will be back at Sebring on the 12th.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:43 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
[quote=Most-Wanted;2854155]Too funny I only mentioned it because I am scared to death of fire when I race.
[quote]

has anybody seen this video? was on another forum, http://jonsibal.com/blog/2010/05/fie...-super-trofeo/

video at the bottom of the page, driver doing better, broken rib, leg, 2nd degree burns on 40% of his body.

Old 05-28-2010, 08:59 PM
quikag is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Great vid! I'd love to take a GT3 out for a track session!

Old 05-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Tinker is infamous around these parts
That car gets down the track!

Looks like it has a bit of understeer in most of the lower speed corners?

Gearing looks pretty good.

Tinker

Old 05-28-2010, 10:25 PM
photosteve is a splendid one to beholdphotosteve is a splendid one to beholdphotosteve is a splendid one to beholdphotosteve is a splendid one to beholdphotosteve is a splendid one to beholdphotosteve is a splendid one to beholdphotosteve is a splendid one to beholdphotosteve is a splendid one to behold
Great driving and video!

Old 05-29-2010, 06:55 AM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks, glad you guys enjoy it.

3:15 was sick! Sliding out of a turn is not the fastest, but damn is it fun!
That was the first time on track inthat car. I take all corners in 3rd gear now, not sure it is faster yet, I think not yet, but with a bit more momentum I think it will be eventually. It feels like I'm hammering the car and diff less that way..

Nice! however it seemed your 2nd lap on turn 17 was a bit hairy no?
No, seems OK to me, I am working on a bit tighter line now, I can keep the same speed, but it makes the turn a but shorter and less bumpy if I get it right. I gave up on the second lap when I passed that car, actually went to 5th. through bisshop bent, kinds cruising. As soon as I noticed I did not lose a lot of time I went for it in T16 and T17, but it was still a 10th slower then the lap before it.

Looks like it has a bit of understeer in most of the lower speed corners?
No, not really, but I did cord both inside (used) tires that session, even though the tire temps were even accross the tires?!
I took out some negative camber in front, big mistake, the car pushed like hell the next weekend! I went front -2 to factory -1.5 camber front, I will go back to -2.5 next event. I think the fronts were just more used up then I thought. My mistake, always setup the car on new tires...

has anybody seen this video? was on another forum, http://jonsibal.com/blog/2010/05/fie...-super-trofeo/
I'd seen that. Horrific.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:13 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Turn 17 was my favorite, went up with friends (2 xs) who rented out track for the day, open wheel for three hours with 15 min break between each hour. Absolute blast.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:09 AM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
no gloves, a t-shirt and shorts ? what's with that ? !

Old 05-29-2010, 12:49 PM
cyklonz is infamous around these parts
sooo fast! thank you for sharing

Old 05-29-2010, 06:47 PM
GT1
GT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud of
Awesome vid Peter. I was there today. My best lap was around 2:30.x with the Pirelli Corasa tires. This was my 3rd time at that track (first 2, 3-4 years ago), and this was the first time with the GT3. Will post lap vid later tonight. I need some hoosiers and lessons from "TRACKCAR"

Last edited by GT1; 05-29-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:05 AM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
My best lap was around 2:30.x with the Pirelli Corasa tires. This was my 3rd time at that track (first 2, 3-4 years ago), and this was the first time with the GT3. Will post lap vid later tonight.
I don't know the grip of the Pirelli's but 2:30 is nothing to sneeze at on street tires without really knowing the track.. Sebring is a difficult track.

I need some hoosiers
Consider some Toyo RA1, shaved 5/32 as a great step up from street tires, I just ordered 2 sets.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:56 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
You drive with the buttons on or off?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: '10 RS at Sebring Video.