Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

'10 RS at Sebring Video.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 01:04 PM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Yes, all off, it kicks and I don't want to wear the pads more than I have to.

Old 05-30-2010, 08:15 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I don't know the grip of the Pirelli's but 2:30 is nothing to sneeze at on street tires without really knowing the track.. Sebring is a difficult track.

Consider some Toyo RA1, shaved 5/32 as a great step up from street tires, I just ordered 2 sets.
I am loving my RA1's...glad to be back on them. R888 are not as bad as some make them seem but the RA1's are better.

Toyo is no longer making RA1's in our sizes. Where did you find them?

Old 05-31-2010, 08:34 AM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
I really did not like the R888, as soon as the thread is gone they cord, while the RA1's are good from beginning to end with little difference in performance.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:20 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
I really did not like the R888, as soon as the thread is gone they cord, while the RA1's are good from beginning to end with little difference in performance.
Start a thread about tires. You bring up some good info that I know little about. Have tracked my GT2 many times, gonna start my RS, but I'm tired of eating up M Cups to the tune of $2k every time. Is there a better solution, tire, etc? Looking for some good advice here.

Old 05-31-2010, 01:01 PM
GT1
GT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud of
2:30.6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-rrULgcmcM

Last edited by GT1; 05-31-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:57 PM
Thanks for posting, can you put a wide angle lens on your camera, it would be cool to see your inputs...

Old 05-31-2010, 02:00 PM
Start a thread about tires. You bring up some good info that I know little about. Have tracked my GT2 many times, gonna start my RS, but I'm tired of eating up M Cups to the tune of $2k every time. Is there a better solution, tire, etc? Looking for som`e good advice here.
So many varieables, but I think if you can still find Toyo RA1 or Nitto NT01 they are probably the best bang for the buck and you can drive them to the track.

Track only tires, I only know Hoosiers and Slicks (Michelin / Yokohama's) as alternatives. The slicks need a more aggressive setup, ideally much more camber and stiffer springs...

Old 05-31-2010, 02:15 PM
GT1
GT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud of
Thanks for posting, can you put a wide angle lens on your camera, it would be cool to see your inputs...
Its a Go Pro HD camera. I cant put a lens on it. I'll be getting a trackmate soon though

Old 05-31-2010, 02:21 PM
GT1
BFGoodrich's g-Force R1

Any experience with these tires?
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....del=g-Force+R1

Old 05-31-2010, 04:24 PM
Call David Tuaty for install in Miami. Just tell him you want what I have for Traqmate and HD cam.
BFGoodridge, heard both good and bad, but don't remember details. If cheaper then RA1 worth a try.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:32 PM
mcar00 is a jewel in the roughmcar00 is a jewel in the roughmcar00 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by GT1
Its a Go Pro HD camera. I cant put a lens on it. I'll be getting a trackmate soon though
I think I met you at the event Saturday. I was in the black C6 Z06 #74 which might have been the car in your video.

I started a thread on another forum looking for input on the Go Pro HD Motorsports Camera. How do you like it as far as picture and sound quality, ease of mounting, editing, battery life, memory, etc.? The video looks pretty good and sounds good also. How did you mount yours?

Thanks for posting the video.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:27 PM
GT1
Originally Posted by mcar00
I think I met you at the event Saturday. I was in the black C6 Z06 #74 which might have been the car in your video.

I started a thread on another forum looking for input on the Go Pro HD Motorsports Camera. How do you like it as far as picture and sound quality, ease of mounting, editing, battery life, memory, etc.? The video looks pretty good and sounds good also. How did you mount yours?

Thanks for posting the video.
Hey....

Yeah, you had the black Z06 with the wing and motons,522 whp etc, etc, etc. That car is a monster

The Go Pro HD is a great little camera, for what it does. I got 2. I paid $230 shipped for each. Retail is $299, I think. It includes the mounts, etc, except the memory card. Aside from the track, I also use it for side-byside runs; when I take out my boats; jet skiing or other outdoor activities. They can be tricky to use, if one does not read the manual. I went to a 1 mile top speed event, and when I'd set it up to record video, it took pics. Didn't find out until I got home But great overall all camera. I wouldn't want to use my other $1000+ camera to do the things I do with these It can be mounted inside, or outside the car. Inside, I mount it on the windshield.

It comes like this ( ):

There may be a 6speedonline forum sponsor that sells them....

Last edited by GT1; 05-31-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:14 AM
mcar00 is a jewel in the roughmcar00 is a jewel in the roughmcar00 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by GT1
The Go Pro HD is a great little camera, for what it does. I got 2. I paid $230 shipped for each. Retail is $299, I think. It includes the mounts, etc, except the memory card. Aside from the track, I also use it for side-byside runs; when I take out my boats; jet skiing or other outdoor activities. They can be tricky to use, if one does not read the manual. I went to a 1 mile top speed event, and when I'd set it up to record video, it took pics. Didn't find out until I got home But great overall all camera. I wouldn't want to use my other $1000+ camera to do the things I do with these It can be mounted inside, or outside the car. Inside, I mount it on the windshield.
Does anyone ever give you a hard time at the track regarding the suction cup type mount or is that pretty much considered OK everywhere? You think it would stay put in a worst case scenario?

Thanks for all the info. I think I'm going to order one today.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:05 AM
GT1
Originally Posted by mcar00
Does anyone ever give you a hard time at the track regarding the suction cup type mount or is that pretty much considered OK everywhere? You think it would stay put in a worst case scenario?

Thanks for all the info. I think I'm going to order one today.

I've only had it since bought the car this year (January), and only been to a couple of track events, but it seems to be the main camera equipment everyone runs at different track and other car events. The equipment in which the camera mounts, is very well made. I know people who have put it outside the car using the suction cup set up, and doing 150-200+ mph runs; it holds like glue. Knowing how tight it feels to the windshield, when installed, I'd think it would hold in worst case scenario. When installed, it cant be taken of by just pulling on it. It kinda has to be unlocked....

Old 11-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Finally 2:20's:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw4_Pw_yu5U

Tires Toyo RA1 245f and 335r
I did a 2:206, still uploading on youtube :-)
I think a 2:19 is possible next time at Sebring..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: '10 RS at Sebring Video.