Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

2011 GT3 RS coming w/ 33 extra HP!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Max Power is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by spyderman
Can anyone tell me what I am to look for in the vin # that tells me that it will be 2011?

See this page:

http://www.gt3rsregistry.com/docs/anatomy.htm

Originally Posted by me&you
A = '10, B = '11, C will = '12, etc...
This is correct

Shoot me a message with the final 4 digits of your VIN and I'll add it to
the registry. There's already one '11 listed, #3087.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:51 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
These dealers are fugin comical! A bunch of clueless retards. No insult meant to mentally challenged people, just the challenged dealers.

Old 05-15-2010, 12:41 AM
BelMaseto is infamous around these parts
I've heard the same here in Spain some days ago: 9,5 K red line and 33 additional horses, but no for immediate release.

Source is a very good Porsche customer friend of mine having direct line with Stuttgart. All the information provided by this guy has always been confirmed later.

Regards.

Last edited by BelMaseto; 05-15-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:24 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
if found true, that's awful lot of horsepower bump in weekly difference compare to regular yearly model horsepower change... LOL!

Old 05-15-2010, 06:25 PM
MarcDC is infamous around these parts
9500rpm redline sounds pretty unrealistic (but incredible if true)

Old 05-17-2010, 09:25 AM
ttrew is infamous around these parts
Remember that HP is just a mathematical function of torque and rpm's, so if you assume the torque only drops off slightly and they can get the redline to 9500, then the horsepower number quoted is realistic.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:29 AM
T.K
T.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant future
What do the latest cups redline at? 10,000 or not far off. Its unlikely, far fetched and personally I don't buy it, but 9500rpm is not impossible as a last tango in paris for the metzger block.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Guest is infamous around these parts
How high did Sharky's 3.9 build rev? 8800 or so? And doesn't the 458 V8 rev all the way to 9000?

I think 9000 is reasonable if they're pulling out all the stops or if you have Sharky (or Manthey, whoever) rebuild yours.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:54 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Above sticker is "throw away" money

Originally Posted by GT1
Ive seen plenty @ msrp...
I know of at least one on its way to Minneapolis at sticker

(and one delivered here last week).

MK

Old 05-17-2010, 03:49 PM
DBV
DBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 911dev
These dealers are fugin comical! A bunch of clueless retards. No insult meant to mentally challenged people, just the challenged dealers.
If you consistently had people offer to pay over sticker to get a particular car, wouldn't you sell it to them? Dealers wouldn't charge these premiums unless people actually paid them...

Old 05-17-2010, 04:39 PM
GT1
GT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DBV
If you consistently had people offer to pay over sticker to get a particular car, wouldn't you sell it to them? Dealers wouldn't charge these premiums unless people actually paid them...
I know of one in TX, one in NJ, and one in CA, all right now selling for MSRP... and Im not even looking for one I also passed on 3 RS allocations at MSRP within the last mont, which I could have specced to my taste.

Only the dealers that have a history of charging over MSRP, are doing so or trying, and literally raping loyal customers. I know some dealers that were asking $50K over one year ago, and eventually had to sell them for MSRP

Last edited by GT1; 05-17-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:51 PM
DBV
DBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GT1
I also passed on 3 RS allocations at MSRP within the last mont, which I could have specced to my taste.
Good for you!

Old 05-17-2010, 04:51 PM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Rs

How many 2011's will be available stateside? This will be the end run of the Metzger engines in the GT3 right? Same with the manual tranny too? I know some Calif. dealers are coming down in price. I've been offered a couple at msrp out of state as well. The shoe may be switching feet...

Old 05-17-2010, 06:13 PM
DBV
Originally Posted by NelsonF
How many 2011's will be available stateside? This will be the end run of the Metzger engines in the GT3 right? Same with the manual tranny too? I know some Calif. dealers are coming down in price. I've been offered a couple at msrp out of state as well. The shoe may be switching feet...
Yes, 2011 will unfortunately be the last run of the Metger engines. I doubt the manual tranny will be discontinued, as there are far too many owners/enthusiasts that would prefer the manual. That being said, it's all speculation at this point. Porsche always ends up surprising us, so there is not telling as exactly what we can expect. The GT3 is an amazing car, and there are several great configurations left out there. Pricing will normalize as the 2011 models starting showing up this summer.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:16 PM
loungedog is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BelMaseto
I've heard the same here in Spain some days ago: 9,5 K red line and 33 additional horses, but no for immediate release.

Source is a very good Porsche customer friend of mine having direct line with Stuttgart. All the information provided by this guy has always been confirmed later.

Regards.
Very interesting but again...time will tell (three weeks away for 2011 cars)

BelMaseto, when you are saying "no for immediate release" are you saying that those upgrades (that supposedly add up to 33 HP) will not be added to the 2011 Gt3 RS and will be offered in the next generation GT3 or will be offered later in this model year??

My (very large US) dealer is saying the upgrades are coming in the 2011 GT3 RS. He was very sure of his information...I know it also sounds very improbable but I have head of crazier statements from dealers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2011 GT3 RS coming w/ 33 extra HP!!