Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 EVOMSit ECU Tuning - worth it or not?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 07:51 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Alex (Sharkey), what is your take on why Porsche does not tune these ECU's to be like your EvomsiT software? Is Porsche being conservative in some tuning areas for certain reasons?

Old 01-30-2011, 11:31 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mdrums
Alex (Sharkey), what is your take on why Porsche does not tune these ECU's to be like your EvomsiT software? Is Porsche being conservative in some tuning areas for certain reasons?
LOL. Warranty would be one thought. Future performance another.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:26 PM
BMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the rough
Damnit....another "small" mod added to the list of wants when I get my car...

HA!

Old 01-30-2011, 06:48 PM
c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cc08gt2
+1

Manufacturers have myriad variables to consider. Warranty claims, mileage, emissions levels, etc etc. Bottomline, squeezing every last possible safe HP isn't their one and only concern.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:03 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
As stated before, it would appear I am the only "unlucky sap" for whom this mod did not work. My GT3 lost 22 rwhp.
Not a happy moment but I took it as a price of modding. I was hopeful but ended up a loser.

Ranger

Old 01-31-2011, 09:15 AM
BMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
As stated before, it would appear I am the only "unlucky sap" for whom this mod did not work. My GT3 lost 22 rwhp.
Not a happy moment but I took it as a price of modding. I was hopeful but ended up a loser.

Ranger

that is NOT good....sorry to hear that, worst thing to happen.

M

Old 01-31-2011, 10:26 AM
MaxAnt13 is infamous around these parts
Ranger,
Do you thinkg it the combo of mods or the tune itself that caused the drop in WHP? I ask because I am considering doing this when my .2 RS arrives in the spring. Thanks, Mike

Old 01-31-2011, 11:03 AM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
We have countless cars that pickup on EvoMSit when doing the tune with the right combination of parts.. Normally we see 10-12whp on 93 from cars that just have Drop in filter and exhaust.. Also much more noticeable throttle response..

Old 01-31-2011, 02:43 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by prodigue
I just had my 997.1 GT3 flashed with the evomsit 93 octane software and it is absolutely fantastic!

Throttle response is razor sharp now and all I need is to flex my right toe to get the car catapulting forward like a scalded cat. Previously, there was a slight pause before something happened.

Mid range torque feels much stronger as well. All in all the car feels more alive and eager.

Thumbs up!!
So glad you got the ECU back and got to drive with it The throttle map is fun too. Make her more hyper-sensitive if you will

Originally Posted by mdrums
Well the Bosch Motronic stuff is very much set up for emissions vs too much else. And also not specifically tuned for 93 or 91 octane either so yes there's room to improve

Originally Posted by cc08gt2
Hehe!

Originally Posted by BMWDEMON
Damnit....another "small" mod added to the list of wants when I get my car...

HA!
Doh!

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
+1

Manufacturers have myriad variables to consider. Warranty claims, mileage, emissions levels, etc etc. Bottomline, squeezing every last possible safe HP isn't their one and only concern.
Exactly... Bosch seriously cares about emissions and less about other features

Originally Posted by GT3Ranger

Ranger
Bugger... still not sure who/where or what you got done;(? I wish I knew... having said that we did tune for specific back pressure and not for high-flow cats, headers and other things that change the heat ranges and back pressure. We learned a lot about this on the 996gt3 when changing to the 997gt3 exhaust. The ECU is calling for and looking for certain heat ranges at the 02 sensor. Those are going to be VERY different with your exhaust set up and would need to be changed. Sounds like it probably ran in some safe mode or something.... But whoever did the ECU for you should have told you that etc... let me know as I'll gladly nudge/help Either way sure sounds like it was running in limp/safe mode rather than anything else so something must have been wrong?

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
We have countless cars that pickup on EvoMSit when doing the tune with the right combination of parts.. Normally we see 10-12whp on 93 from cars that just have Drop in filter and exhaust.. Also much more noticeable throttle response..
Yep roger that!

Last edited by sharkster; 01-31-2011 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:01 PM
YoopsRacing is infamous around these parts
I would do this today if my CPO wasn't going to be voided......
Or if Sharky was here close to swap it back in a jiffy....

Old 01-31-2011, 03:03 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by YoopsRacing
I would do this today if my CPO wasn't going to be voided......
Or if Sharky was here close to swap it back in a jiffy....
Aye that's a good point man

Old 01-31-2011, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
Aye that's a good point man
my point is that I wish you were here in GA

Old 01-31-2011, 03:25 PM
my point is that I wish you were here in GA
Hey... don't tempt me... once your weather gets better:P Besides you've got 93 octane too right?

Old 01-31-2011, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
Hey... don't tempt me... once your weather gets better:P Besides you've got 93 octane too right?

oh yea...yesterday was 70 and beautiful...today not so much

Old 01-31-2011, 03:35 PM
oh yea...yesterday was 70 and beautiful...today not so much
See... pilot sport cups and cold/rain don't mix too well And I ran away from the rain in England...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 EVOMSit ECU Tuning - worth it or not?