Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Discs- cracks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 07:49 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to behold
I would recommend making the switch to slotted discs.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:52 PM
E36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by PJS
see attached

my advice:

hole to hole cracks -- replace
cracks to the edge of the disc -- replace

otherwise not

(I am not a lawyer or an engineer so at your own risk etc )

these are smaller than I wanted but should still work
Holy cow man, those things are bigger then the wheels on my car!.
Nice work!

Old 05-18-2010, 02:22 AM
ir_fuel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Sales@Champion
I would recommend making the switch to slotted discs.
Are there already slotted discs for the 997 MK2 GT3?

Old 05-18-2010, 03:18 AM
T.K
T.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant future
Thanks for the insight gents.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:38 AM
vpmick is infamous around these partsvpmick is infamous around these parts
I would like to ask the person from Champion Motorsports to expand on why to switch to slotted discs? Any one else have input???? I track my car almost 100% and use Pagid RS29 Yellow pads and go thru discs ( I have been using drilled OEM discs ) fairly frequently. I still am trying to understand how to tell when slotted discs need to be replaced? Sorry if this is a simple question, but I appreciate the help/education.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:11 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
The reason for slotted discs is their longevity compared to the drilled rotors that crack after a few track days. Slotted discs have to have their thickness measured to determine whether they need to be replaced. Ratio is 2 or 3 drilled discs to one slotted.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:11 PM
vpmick is infamous around these partsvpmick is infamous around these parts
Thanks Larry. Any other input? Cost, performance, etc. It would seem that everyone would switch...anyone else have thoughts?

Old 05-18-2010, 04:20 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vpmick
Thanks Larry. Any other input? Cost, performance, etc. It would seem that everyone would switch...anyone else have thoughts?
I am switching mine to the Giro Slotted. I was going through a set of OEM rotors in 3 days, with hardly any wear to the surface. I have friends (including PJS) that wouldn't have any problems with their slotted rotors.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:35 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vpmick
No need to switch if you are not tracking the car.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:51 PM
himself is a jewel in the roughhimself is a jewel in the roughhimself is a jewel in the rough
ATE Cayenne rotors [350mm, slotted] fit your car and only cost $130 per rotor from TireRack. That's right - Cayenne rotors. And that's also right: $130 per.

There is a long thread on Rennlist about these rotors, mostly used by the track guys with great success. But I see no reason not to use them on a DD.

[edit: I have a set of these to put on, but am still trying to kill my Deman rotors -> which have lasted over a year's worth of track events (10)]

-td

Last edited by himself; 05-19-2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:53 PM
T.K
T.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant future
Great post, will look into it. Thanks