Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Any interest in titanium exhaust tips for the GT3?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 12:28 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Question Any interest in titanium exhaust tips for the GT3?

Well folks we're back... I wouldn't say by popular demand or anything but figured I'd share something we've been working on. Last year we got together with Tubi to help make a set of Titanium tips for our RS. This was before Porsche's announcement for the GT3 Ti Tequipment ones found on the 2010 RS'. Tubi's price ended up being a couple of hundred lower than Porsche's at $1200 but it was still way more than we thought reasonable. We put this on the back-burner and after several conversations with our chums at EVOMS and Todd came up with these

The blue flame treatment is an option at this point...

Here's the weight in grams which is 0.86 pounds

Here's the factory 2010 RS tips:

How light are they?

Compared to the factory non Ti 2010 GT3 tips:

Here's our larger diameter stainless steel SharkWerks tips by comparison:

Flame treatment vs non:

Either way we're making 4 dozen of these (scary thought) and if anyone is interested let us know

Last edited by sharkster; 05-20-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:21 PM
YoopsRacing is infamous around these parts
love the blue flame treatment.......I am afraid to ask Alex, but please pm me a cost for the blued Ti tips.

thanks

Old 05-20-2010, 04:38 PM
DJH
DJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really nice
The blue Ti tips look great!

Old 05-20-2010, 04:42 PM
DBV
DBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DJH
x2!

Old 05-20-2010, 05:11 PM
jbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nice
BLUE TIPS x3!!!!!

Old 05-20-2010, 05:21 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by YoopsRacing
love the blue flame treatment.......I am afraid to ask Alex, but please pm me a cost for the blued Ti tips.

thanks
Thanks Dave and PM sent... Actually no need to be afraid. We actually managed to get these priced at less than half the price of the Porsche ones

Originally Posted by DJH
Danke!

Originally Posted by DBV
x2!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by jbigelow_1
BLUE TIPS x3!!!!!
The raw titanium ones do do color over time as well

Old 05-20-2010, 08:42 PM
PORSCHEFREAK has a spectacular aura aboutPORSCHEFREAK has a spectacular aura aboutPORSCHEFREAK has a spectacular aura about
The blue is damn sharp!!

Old 05-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Izzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to behold
Alex, pm me a price

Old 05-20-2010, 10:27 PM
SGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the rough
Always had GT3 center exit exhaust envy. I went the Ti scorched tip route as well on my center exit conversion for my Carrera S. The sharkwerks setup for the GT3 looks bada*s. I would totally rock those tips if I had a GT3 .

Old 05-20-2010, 11:15 PM
lee7758 is infamous around these parts
Any Ti tips for C4S???? Love to get a set!! Coollllll!

Old 05-21-2010, 08:12 AM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
this is one of the reasons why i like the sharky bypass best since it allows u to have choices on tips. those titanium tips are hot!

Old 05-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by speedoflight
this is one of the reasons why i like the sharky bypass best since it allows u to have choices on tips. those titanium tips are hot!
Thanks mucho Joe! I know it's a bit like baskin robins with these things and the most important thing to us was that a lot of folks wanted to remain stealthy and/or even like the stock tips so we had to allow for that too. Then there's all the different ones out there so hopefully these appeal to some too

Originally Posted by lee7758
Any Ti tips for C4S???? Love to get a set!! Coollllll!
Thanks and sorry not at this time;(

Originally Posted by attic2zoo
Always had GT3 center exit exhaust envy. I went the Ti scorched tip route as well on my center exit conversion for my Carrera S. The sharkwerks setup for the GT3 looks bada*s. I would totally rock those tips if I had a GT3 .

That looks great! Which set up did you go? I agree about center exit exhausts. Always had a fetish for that myself!

Originally Posted by Izzone
Alex, pm me a price
Roger that Izzone!

Originally Posted by PORSCHEFREAK
The blue is damn sharp!!
Danke!

Old 05-21-2010, 11:16 AM
SGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by sharkster

That looks great! Which set up did you go? I agree about center exit exhausts. Always had a fetish for that myself!
I had some Ti Scorched Tips left from my 350Z days so I guess they came in handy when I wanted to do my conversion. It would of saved me so much time, headache and $$$ if I just had the proper GT3 Center Mufflers with tips/ mounting bracket like OEM GT3. I am sure you guys are going to kill it with those Ti Tips

Old 05-21-2010, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by attic2zoo
I had some Ti Scorched Tips left from my 350Z days so I guess they came in handy when I wanted to do my conversion. It would of saved me so much time, headache and $$$ if I just had the proper GT3 Center Mufflers with tips/ mounting bracket like OEM GT3. I am sure you guys are going to kill it with those Ti Tips
Ah pre-scorched! Good thinking indeed.... And with the block being so different even the stock parts wouldn't have been necessarily the best path. You did good and the result looks nice too

Old 05-21-2010, 08:14 PM
dsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud of
wow the flame treatment titanium tips looks amazing. Are these on fred's RS yet?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any interest in titanium exhaust tips for the GT3?