Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT2 RS at Ring

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 12:17 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by cc08gt2
How funny. We all expect that due to their reputation and racing history.
Yes, it's quite impressive, ain't it!

Old 05-24-2010, 10:00 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Wink

Originally Posted by USCCayman
Guys, you can forget all this smugness. Carlos Ghosn is a genius who has put together a group of engineers at Nissan who make Weissach look like a bunch of kindergarten graduates. It's only a matter of time before the GTR, right off the showroom floor in Kalamazoo, goes below 7 minutes. And HC, it's true, the Cayman should replace the 911...
Hey guys, I was only being extremely sarcastic. If you've read any of my previous posts you would know I have been a Porsche fanatic for over 40 years. You can continue with this thread!

Old 05-24-2010, 01:55 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Hey guys, I was only being extremely sarcastic. If you've read any of my previous posts you would know I have been a Porsche fanatic for over 40 years. You can continue with this thread!
Well, that explains it. I thought you were pretty stupid. Just was trying to be nice.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:17 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Weissach sits atop Mt. Olympus just next to Zeus's house.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:04 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
As far as I'm concerned, Weissach sits atop Mt. Olympus just next to Zeus's house.
How does the GT2 RS compare to the Dodge? There is a guy on another thread that thinks the ACR or whatever is the greatest car known to man.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:12 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I thought the ACR was the best car out right now, completely purposeful, precise, brutal and intimidating. That was until the GT2 RS came out. It does the same thing while being sophisticated. It's the perfect storm IMO.

But I bet you one of the first cars to come out off the factory will have a Japanese address on it. Back to the drawing board suckers.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I thought the ACR was the best car out right now, completely purposeful, precise, brutal and intimidating. That was until the GT2 RS came out. It does the same thing while being sophisticated. It's the perfect storm IMO.
I thought so too. I wonder how durability would play into that equation if they both ran for 24 hours. I get tired of hearing the guy run his mouth. I don't think an ACR would last that long. Just my .02 in the deal. I bet the GT2 RS would be close to the lead all the time. To the finish.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:33 AM
LittleDevil is infamous around these parts
Old 05-25-2010, 05:11 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I thought so too. I wonder how durability would play into that equation if they both ran for 24 hours. I get tired of hearing the guy run his mouth. I don't think an ACR would last that long. Just my .02 in the deal. I bet the GT2 RS would be close to the lead all the time. To the finish.

For durability I would have to go with the proven GT1 block and Porsche build quality. Stock for stock I would take the GT2 RS because it is 200+ lbs lighter (easier on the MPSC's that both run), has carbon brakes and the Mertzger. And considering Porsche just used a stock GT3 RS to run the 24 hrs of the nurburgring (and finished 13th) I think we all know who to count on for longevity. Honestly, I think the tunability of the Viper might produce the ultimate fastest lap time. Remember Dodge ran 7:22 in only 4 hours with a driver who didn't know the car and bad gear ratios. Hard to bet against them being in the mid teens with more test time on the new car. However, put a GT3 RS wing and a front splitter on the GT2 RS and it's game over IMO.

I know the generation 3 SRT-10 had oil starvation issues and this is a revamped model of that, don't know if they fixed the problem or not.

This really is the cream of the crop in terms of speed. I really would love to see those two cars on track at the same time. Would be a sight to see.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:46 AM
DFW911T is infamous around these partsDFW911T is infamous around these parts
.... I get tired of hearing the guy run his mouth......
Consider the source and act accordingly. People say he's a nice guy in person.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:05 AM
What thread, and who is said guy?

Old 05-25-2010, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by DFW911T
Consider the source and act accordingly. People say he's a nice guy in person.
LOL. Sneaky you are. I agree.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:15 AM
How does the GT2 RS compare to the Dodge? There is a guy on another thread that thinks the ACR or whatever is the greatest car known to man.
I would yield that answer to HC, who knows much more than I about those things. I'm looking through Porsche colored glasses anyway, so I'm biased.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:24 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Wow - it only took two responses on a Porsche sub-forum to make a thread on the GT2 RS about the GT-R.

Excellent work...

I was hoping to come in here, and read some more exciting things about this amazing car. This is starting to sound like a Prius forum.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:40 AM
And you are starting to act like a troll. Would you have posted in here were there nothing mentioned about the GT-R? Is that what you do on a daily basis, search GT-R and seek to thwart any negative comments about it? Sure seems like it.

Let's try and find one thread you've posted in that does not have GT-R mentioned in it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 RS at Ring