Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Rotors already cracking around cross drilled holes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 11:06 PM
Davidham is infamous around these parts
Great info on the rotors! I'll be changing mine soon!

Old 05-26-2010, 10:03 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
While we're on the topic of good slotted rotors, can anyone point me in the direction of a good solid/slotted rotor for 993 turbo? A friend has 993 turbo brakes on his Cayman S and is destroying the drilled rotors, but is having trouble finding good replacements. Would prefer just the disc, but any option is ok at this point. Sponsors, feel free to PM me if you have ideas, so as to not distract the great Gt3 info in here, thanks!

Last edited by landjet; 05-27-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:58 AM
ir_fuel is infamous around these parts
Are there slotted rotors yet for the 997.2 GT3? If so, what pricebracket are we talking about?

Old 05-27-2010, 08:00 AM
Davidham is infamous around these parts
What is the price on the GirocDiscs?

Old 05-27-2010, 09:33 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by porschespeeddemon
While we're on the topic of good slotted rotors, can anyone point me in the direction of a good solid/slotted rotor for 993 turbo? A friend has 993 turbo brakes on his Cayman S and is destroying the drilled rotors, but is having trouble finding good replacements. Would prefer just the disc, but any option is ok at this point. Sponsors, feel free to PM me if you have ideas, so as to not distract the great Gt3 info in here, thanks!
Get in touch with Craig at Rennstore.com

Old 05-27-2010, 02:32 PM
himself is a jewel in the roughhimself is a jewel in the roughhimself is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by sechsgang
ya, I get about 3 good days on rotors on average. And Im not just a sunday tracker ... If you can only go 10 sessions on rotors, you need to stay off those things more!
How many bad days do you get?

FWIW, 10 sessions is almost 3 days...

-td

Old 05-27-2010, 02:49 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by himself
How many bad days do you get?

FWIW, 10 sessions is almost 3 days...

-td
I take them off and keep them for emergency spares. And ya, 10 sessions are about 3 days...

I dont know how long the PFC brakes on my cup will last though...Im thinking longer as there isnt nearly as much weight being carried around as my street 3 was.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:48 PM
scott is infamous around these parts
After going through many sets of drilled rotors, I went with Brembo two piece floating slotted rotors. They are awesome. A plug for Dan at Vivid Racing for helping me. I think they are going to last much longer...

Old 05-28-2010, 06:19 AM
himself is a jewel in the roughhimself is a jewel in the roughhimself is a jewel in the rough
I think this has been mentioned many times, but DeMan rotors last forever. I have 50+ sessions on mine and they still have life left. Also, for the 6GT3 you can sub ATE Cayenne 350mm rotors and get long life for around $130 per corner.

-td

Old 05-28-2010, 06:57 AM
fjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Sales@Champion
The cracks are very common on the OE rotors especially after a few hard track days. Most of our GT3 customers replace their stock rotors with the GircoDisc slotted Rotors. They will provide a little more bit and will certainly stand up to the beating much better. Feel free to contact us with any further questions or you can feel free to contact RSS directly since there in your backyard.

I looked for these. Your website tells me no performance parts available for 2007 gt3?

Old 05-28-2010, 09:19 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Dont cut corners with brake rotors. Get the Brembo ones that will last you 3 times longer then stock. They have Patented McLaren floating hardware to give your rotor a true center line in braking. This also means you will never replace the brake hat where with other options, their spring/clip makes the rotor hat a consumable. The Brembo has a properly engineered vein design to best dissipate heat. The same manufacturing and testing that goes into their motorsports teams and big brake kits is what produces these. Do it right the first time!

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...bo+gt3&x=0&y=0

Old 05-29-2010, 02:48 PM
dan212 is infamous around these parts
Street miles don't really matter, but 10 "hard" track days can do in a set of OEM rotors. It depends on the track too. Some are harder on brakes than others.

Its really critical to let rotors cool down before stopping. Keep in mind that as pads wear, there is more heat transfer to the rotors. I change them when they get below 40% and save them as track spares.

I tried a couple of the non-OEM slotted rotors in previous seasons. Wasn't happy. But I have the GiroDisks on now. The build quality is excellent. Only have about 9 hard days, but they look good. A friend got 28 days on his GT3. I recommend them.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:41 AM
Niels E46 M3 is infamous around these parts
has anybody contacted Porsche regarding the cracks? For a street legal track oriented car, you would think it could with-stand track conditions when running on OEM equipment (DOT tires, factory pads, etc.)

Old 06-01-2010, 02:57 PM
pfan12000 is infamous around these partspfan12000 is infamous around these parts
Seriously Niel,

with today's economy and Porsche hell bent on remaining the most profitable car company, selling more brake rotors and parts when the customers wear them out driving on the track..... would you (if you were Porsche AG) give them race parts and technology for no extra charge?

weird expectations. The GT3 is a gift to those who like tracking. The components are durable and adequate for street driving if used as street car which sees occasional days at the track. Who else feels shortchanged by the fact that stock rotors are not adequate for pure track use?