Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Guard Transmission's GT3 "Cup Car' 2 piece mainshaft show and tell

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 05:12 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PJS
thought I would bump this thread... two piece shaft (as pictured above), revised gears and LSD installed in my car last week.

ROCKS
Could you PM me the details of all you did and costs?
Been seriously considering these mods for the RS.
Thank you.

Ranger

Old 09-11-2010, 05:30 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
ranger -
send me a reminder email at rsftmfw@gmail.com and I will send you all the details on Monday when I get back to my office.

the gear charts are on my work computer etc.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:22 AM
Former Vendor
GTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Undisclosed Mod!

What Gearing?
Van,
You looking to sell the 997 and get a GT3? We can do it up for you if you want.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:25 AM
Former Vendor
GTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Could you PM me the details of all you did and costs?
Been seriously considering these mods for the RS.
Thank you.

Ranger
Ranger,
Feel free to drop me a line and we can talk. What we did for PJ's car isn't the same approach I would take with your car. The reason for this is he's in the NW where they've got shorter tracks than you've got down in Florida. Your top speed somewhere like Sebring is going to be a good 10-15mph faster than any track PJ ever runs on. And then there's Daytona...

The point is there is definitely not any one size fits all on this sort of thing. PJ's gearing is very specific to PJ's application and needs. It's probably too short for an East Coast car. And there's also budget to consider. PJ went for the full monty with short ring and pinion and custom ratio mainshaft. Most guys don't want to pony up that kind of money and usually end up with something that's a bit more compromised for monetary reasons.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:32 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Matt thank you for the response and info. Your right about the tracks and great point. I've emailed with PJ and was really good info.
Homestead is our tightest course and most technical layout even though if we run NASCAR turns 3 & 4 speed do get up there.
Working on some stuff (another car?) but do need to get back to the RS.
Will be discussing this further and with my guys at Champion Motorsport.
Thanks again.

Juan

Old 09-15-2010, 11:56 AM
Former Vendor
Hello Juan,

You are quite welcome. Contact me at your convenience. I think the only real downside of living in Florida is that you don't have a winter for a downseason like the rest of us do. Most of our customers rebuild their gearboxes in January. But January in Florida everyone is already out testing and getting their cars ready to go race at the 48 Hours of Sebring the first weekend in February.