Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

CGT, oh what a mess....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 11:56 PM
gt2next is infamous around these parts
come on now, are you really going to tell us some shop took your CGT around a turn at 150 mph w/out your permission and NOT tell us who it was? what was the point of your post, then? i think we would all benefit and maybe some of us who live in so cal can prevent our cars or even innocent by-standers from being hurt if we knew who you were talking about. please, don't change the subject again and let us know so we can help prevent this horrid event from happening to any of us, or worse, others too again.

Old 01-23-2005, 12:04 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by gt2next
come on now, are you really going to tell us some shop took your CGT around a turn at 150 mph w/out your permission and NOT tell us who it was? what was the point of your post, then? i think we would all benefit and maybe some of us who live in so cal can prevent our cars or even innocent by-standers from being hurt if we knew who you were talking about. please, don't change the subject again and let us know so we can help prevent this horrid event from happening to any of us, or worse, others too again.
no, i'm just telling you i'm not going to ruin the guy just yet. and as you know, when word gets out he did this, he will be rightfully f-ked. the point was i came home to seeing pictures of a wrecked CGT shortly after hearing some guy i don't even know, but who is well respected in the local ferrari owners club, took my CGT to 150 mph in a corner. those pictures are just a hint of what easily could have happened while my car was in for "tech inspection" - hence the "well that could have been my car".

Old 01-23-2005, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by ben, lj
no, i'm just telling you i'm not going to ruin the guy just yet. and as you know, when word gets out he did this, he will be rightfully f-ked. the point was i came home to seeing pictures of a wrecked CGT shortly after hearing some guy i don't even know, but who is well respected in the local ferrari owners club, took my CGT to 150 mph in a corner. those pictures are just a hint of what easily could have happened while my car was in for "tech inspection" - hence the "well that could have been my car".

for the benefit of all of us, i hope you do reveal who this was. sometimes people rely on their reputation within a community to get away with murder and push the envelope of what they can get away with (i am speaking of the "technician"). in my opinion, if you are going to point fingers, you should name names as well...especially if it involves life-threatening behavior of rediculously stupid acts. if the pictures posted here were of your car, would you have told us who did this to your car?

Old 01-23-2005, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by gt2next
for the benefit of all of us, i hope you do reveal who this was. sometimes people rely on their reputation within a community to get away with murder and push the envelope of what they can get away with (i am speaking of the "technician"). in my opinion, if you are going to point fingers, you should name names as well...especially if it involves life-threatening behavior of rediculously stupid acts. if the pictures posted here were of your car, would you have told us who did this to your car?
i'm well aware of your opinion. the shop is closed until monday morning, so i highly doubt my withholding the name of the shop until early next week is going to put anyone in the position i was today. you can restate your opinion another hundred times, but until i discuss this with people that need to be talked to about it, you're wasting your time. this is a very respected shop, the owner was the one who did it, and i want to make sure it's handled appropriately.

Old 01-23-2005, 12:31 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
that really sucks. I would need to be physically restrained...

Old 01-23-2005, 12:32 AM
i'm well aware of your opinion. the shop is closed until monday morning, so i highly doubt my withholding the name of the shop until early next week is going to put anyone in the position i was today. you can restate your opinion another hundred times, but until i discuss this with people that need to be talked to about it, you're wasting your time. this is a very respected shop, the owner was the one who did it, and i want to make sure it's handled appropriately.
understood and respect your answer. i hope for all of us that ultimately this shop's name is revealed.

Old 01-23-2005, 12:58 AM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
Most people aren't equipped to handle $500k and 500+ hp machines. These cars should require driving school credentials of the driver.

Old 01-23-2005, 09:42 AM
MJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud of
You've got some cajones to leave the car with anyone for any type of "evaluation", these cars are more fragile - i.e. easily damaged, than any other new car I can think of (street legal anyway)

Old 01-23-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by MJC123
You've got some cajones to leave the car with anyone for any type of "evaluation", these cars are more fragile - i.e. easily damaged, than any other new car I can think of (street legal anyway)
i feel like a dick asking to have the mileage put down on paperwork when i pick it up and specifically putting on the work order that no one is authorized to drive the car under any circumstances without obtaining my written permission, but this + a 20 mile joy ride by a shop where my brand new (not broken in) CS recieved it's clear bra has changed that concern.

Old 01-23-2005, 10:36 AM
Bill S has a spectacular aura aboutBill S has a spectacular aura about
i feel like a dick asking to have the mileage put down on paperwork when i pick it up and specifically putting on the work order that no one is authorized to drive the car under any circumstances without obtaining my written permission, but this + a 20 mile joy ride by a shop where my brand new (not broken in) CS recieved it's clear bra has changed that concern.
Ben, I'm sorry that's happened to you. Most shops will record the car's mileage when you come in. My car has been flat-bedded to several shops in the past few months. Every shop recorded the mileage and the car never had one more mile when I got it back.

Old 01-23-2005, 12:25 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Bill S
Every shop recorded the mileage and the car never had one more mile when I got it back.
Guess your car never needed a road test.

If a Porsche (any Porsche) is brought in for mechanical problems, squeaks/rattles, suspension, brakes, etc., they damn well should take it for a short test drive.

However, I agree with Ben that the admission of the tech was insane.

Old 01-23-2005, 01:04 PM
Z0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant future
Ben, are you sure he wasn't referring to another CGT he had tested (perhaps the training let them test drive the car for some tech reason), was it specifically YOUR car?

This is insane, and another reason why I never bring my cars to dealerships. May take me more time, but I know what's been done. I'd have gone crazy if anyone had done sometihng similar ... and sincerely admire your self-control. I'd have thrown out his name and shop from the first moment!!!

Let's be pro-active here. Mental note, always have mileage written down and speicifically mentioned that no test-drive is to be performed on the car!

Back on topic ... how did the right rear wheel get snapped like that? weird ...

Old 01-23-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Z0RR0
Ben, are you sure he wasn't referring to another CGT he had tested (perhaps the training let them test drive the car for some tech reason), was it specifically YOUR car?

This is insane, and another reason why I never bring my cars to dealerships. May take me more time, but I know what's been done. I'd have gone crazy if anyone had done sometihng similar ... and sincerely admire your self-control. I'd have thrown out his name and shop from the first moment!!!

Let's be pro-active here. Mental note, always have mileage written down and speicifically mentioned that no test-drive is to be performed on the car!

Back on topic ... how did the right rear wheel get snapped like that? weird ...
it was NOT a dealership. it was an independent ferrari/lambo shop.

Old 01-23-2005, 05:20 PM
Volare is infamous around these parts
it was NOT a dealership. it was an independent ferrari/lambo shop.
Sorry to hear what happened, but why was the owner of the shop taking your car out for a test drive, is he also a mechanic?

Old 01-23-2005, 05:46 PM
jwa
jwa is infamous around these parts
that is why I will never trust someone to handle an expensive car.
btw, I was told by my bro that a guy took his E34 M5 to a tune shop, and 5 months later he got it back with a s#@t load of miles...turns out the shop owner used it as a personal vehicle for the duration of the 5 months

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CGT, oh what a mess....