Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

CGT, oh what a mess....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 07:18 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by fasteddiett
Im serious, lets all start calling him, home ,office, cell....150 times a day between us all shouldnt be a problem... think about how that will mess with him

a little harrasment never hurt anyone...
apparently it would take quite a few calls to break whatever wall of delusion he has constructed in his brain which permits him to think this (criminal activity) is a legitimate part of his job.

Old 01-28-2005, 08:33 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Ben,
That guy needs a swift kick in the ***. Nobody should take their car to this idiot. I've had my lowly C4S teched a number of times and never had anything like this happen. They just saw your car and figured this is their only shot to drive a car like that and,,,..
What if they wrecked it and hurt somebody?
I would make the guys life miserable with the BBB, etc and then just learn from it in the future. I never leave mine if it's just for something minor (oil, tech), when I do leave it I set down the law about testdrives, washes, etc.
Good luck.

Old 01-28-2005, 10:09 AM
fasteddiett has a spectacular aura aboutfasteddiett has a spectacular aura about
im sure with a few hours of investigative work you can figure out who his primary vendors are... start calling them and let them know how they are being represented by this guy..... it really wouldnt be that difficult to throw some serious heat his way.... all in all it may make you feel a bit better, it may not...

Old 01-29-2005, 12:57 PM
P O R S C H E
KSA Turbo is infamous around these parts
Aint that a *****

Old 01-29-2005, 02:48 PM
Holger B is infamous around these parts
Where is Exotic Car Care located?

Old 01-29-2005, 04:40 PM
wantone is infamous around these parts
Ben, sorry to hear what happened. It happened to me a few years ago with my brother's S2000, then with my father's S600. Though both cars combined are a few hundred thousand shy from your car, we were still very pissed at the service manager who put miles on the cars. You may believe it's your word against his, you may think what's done is done, and you may also think that because there were no damages there's little you can do. WRONG! For independents like these guys, you can report them to the Better Business Bureau. I thought big deal when a lawyer friend suggested it. Well, if others who've patronized this place submit their complaints to the BBB, interesting things can happen. At the end of the day it won't put the miles back nor will it provide you much solice but atleast you're doing something proactive. Good luck bro!

Old 01-29-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by wantone
Ben, sorry to hear what happened. It happened to me a few years ago with my brother's S2000, then with my father's S600. Though both cars combined are a few hundred thousand shy from your car, we were still very pissed at the service manager who put miles on the cars. You may believe it's your word against his, you may think what's done is done, and you may also think that because there were no damages there's little you can do. WRONG! For independents like these guys, you can report them to the Better Business Bureau. I thought big deal when a lawyer friend suggested it. Well, if others who've patronized this place submit their complaints to the BBB, interesting things can happen. At the end of the day it won't put the miles back nor will it provide you much solice but atleast you're doing something proactive. Good luck bro!
The shop is in San Diego and once I started putting the word out, people started coming out of the woodwork to share similar experiences with this shop. Most in the Ferrari, Lamebo, and Porsche community around here now know what to expect at this shop - unless he decides to change his ways.

Old 01-29-2005, 07:18 PM
jasonc32amg is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by ben, lj
The shop is in San Diego and once I started putting the word out, people started coming out of the woodwork to share similar experiences with this shop. Most in the Ferrari, Lamebo, and Porsche community around here now know what to expect at this shop - unless he decides to change his ways.
You have amazing self-control...are you sure you're not the latest incarnation of the Dali Lama? Or maybe Richard Gere

Good luck on resolving your understandable frustration...

Old 01-29-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by jasonc32amg
You have amazing self-control...are you sure you're not the latest incarnation of the Dali Lama? Or maybe Richard Gere

Good luck on resolving your understandable frustration...
Well, it just took some time to sit back before acting out of rage. All I want to do is make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else. I'm really pretty ok about it now, and will just continue to tell the story at all drives and club events every chance I get.

Old 01-29-2005, 08:25 PM
Cool, you'd think handling a customer's $500,000 ride would engender a certain level of respect but just goes to show that whether you take your Ford Cobra or your Carrera GT in for service...you have to think twice.

Old 01-30-2005, 12:51 AM
alexpapas is infamous around these parts
Getting back to the the original pic (and I'm really pleased it was not Ben's CGT), that was a car sold by Motorsports of Scottsdale (On Hayden & Raintree). The new owner took it out for the first time and decided to see what it handled like with the traction control switch disabled. The picture tells what happened. Apparently it sustained about $200,000 in damage plus the time that it will take to get the car to a CGT capable repair shop as well as the time for Porsche to locate and ship the necessary parts. I heard the story last night at the RM auction from Jahvad, the owner of the dealership.

Old 01-30-2005, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by alexpapas
Getting back to the the original pic (and I'm really pleased it was not Ben's CGT), that was a car sold by Motorsports of Scottsdale (On Hayden & Raintree). The new owner took it out for the first time and decided to see what it handled like with the traction control switch disabled. The picture tells what happened. Apparently it sustained about $200,000 in damage plus the time that it will take to get the car to a CGT capable repair shop as well as the time for Porsche to locate and ship the necessary parts. I heard the story last night at the RM auction from Jahvad, the owner of the dealership.
That's a bummer! The car is extremely fast and allows a LOT of slip angle with the traction control ON. There isn't much need to take it off IMO - ESPECIALLY just after getting it!

Old 01-30-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by alexpapas
Just out of curiousity, does a standard carrier write a policy for a car like that or do you go through someone like Chubb?

Old 02-16-2005, 04:09 PM
Carmel is infamous around these parts
I went with Chubb for peice of mind and total car replacement at its current value if anything happened. The other major carriers had too many grey areas. Additionally Chubb has taken care of my family's cars and home etc with great service and response time. It is definitely worth it to me.

Old 02-16-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by jasonc32amg
Just out of curiousity, does a standard carrier write a policy for a car like that or do you go through someone like Chubb?
Yes, most standard carriers are writing them; however, with all the high dollar accidents adding up (found out about a totaled one today and another which sustained $75k in damage via necessitation of replacement of the three carbon fiber panels on the bottom of the car), they're gonna wise up and stop or raise rates.