Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Sport Bucket Seats in a GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 10:10 AM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
Sport Bucket Seats in a GT3

Does anybody have these in their car ?

Would like to hear opinions as to whether it is a deal breaker or maker. Are they comfortable, too hard and uncomfortable etc ?

They are already on a car that I am considering. Not available for me to test it. I am average size...6' and about 185 lbs.

Not going to track it but not DD either.

Anyone in NY with Sport Buckets for me to sit in ??

Thanks

Last edited by bosco42; 06-01-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:22 PM
nizer is a name known to allnizer is a name known to allnizer is a name known to allnizer is a name known to allnizer is a name known to allnizer is a name known to all
Great seats unless your waist is less 33" or less, in which case the bases are too wide for proper track support.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:03 PM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
Or if your waist is 40" or larger.... Seats are too snug.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:24 PM
DBV
DBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud of
I love the Sport Bucket seats. I suggest sitting in some prior to deciding, as they're not everyone's cup o' tea. In my opinion, on a car like the GT3 they just feel right and add to the overall race feeling of the car without being to harsh. Not to mention the fact they can easily be customized due to the velcro (ie. removable) inserts.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:49 PM
jbxea1 is infamous around these parts
I have these seats in my 2010 GT3 and they are great. They are comfortable for me (6'2", 200 lbs) on the street and provide great support on the track. Also, they have the thorax airbag and are the only OEM option for use with a 6 pt harness. One item to note is that the seats recline forward to provide access to the rear storage area but they do not recline backwards. The seating position is upright (I would prefer slightly more recline). I have driven the car on trips of 300+ miles in these seats without issue. That being said, if you don't plan on tracking the car, you get more functionality out of the standard seats. I swapped my heated, sport adaptive seats for these after trying them.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Stewart W is infamous around these parts
I just recently got my GT 3 with Sports Seats. I was offered $$$$to exchange for sports adaptive seats. I passed. I think the seats are proper for this car...I am 5'9" weighing in at 175 lbs...If you are a larger person and/or plan on using your GT 3 as a DD ...I would then and only then pass on the sports seat..Also..no electric memory or assistance on the seats..

Old 06-01-2010, 06:03 PM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
I am 6' and 185lbs....I will not be tracking the car but will use it several days a week for essentially fun drives.
Not really a DD but occasionally may take to work where I have a reserved space.
Wish I could find a place to test it out. Anyone in NY area with Sport Buckets ??

Old 06-01-2010, 06:08 PM
DBV
DBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bosco42
I am 6' and 185lbs....I will not be tracking the car but will use it several days a week for essentially fun drives.
Not really a DD but occasionally may take to work where I have a reserved space.
Wish I could find a place to test it out. Anyone in NY area with Sport Buckets ??
I'm roughly the same size, at 6'2" just a little taller. I've been told by Porsche engineers that people with our dimensions are close to ideal for the Sport Buckets, not to mention the rest of the car.

Simply put, if you like the adaptive seats, but would like even more support and prefer a sportier ride, get the Sport Buckets. You will not be disappointed. Worst case scenario, you can always trade the buckets for adaptive seats down the road.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Stewart W is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bosco42
If you are planning a trip to S Fl be glad to make my car available.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:50 PM
nizer is a name known to allnizer is a name known to allnizer is a name known to allnizer is a name known to allnizer is a name known to allnizer is a name known to all
Rietzl in Norwell, MA has a GT3 with Sport Buckets if you feel like taking a run up to Boston.