Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

TopSpeed / 997 GT3 Sequential Shifter Install & Demo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Basic Sponsor
Cicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant future
TopSpeed / 997 GT3 Sequential Shifter Install & Demo

The team installed an interesting item last week that I thought I would share with you guys. I will gather a few more pictures of the in stall if anyone wants them, but here is a short clip if it in action, and a few pictures of the car.

We also did a full track setup on the car to get it ready for some PCA events. The costumer is loving the new setup and shifter.

Thanks guys...Enjoy!

~Cicio
TopSpeed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du0PoXCAzFE

-FASTEST 991 Turbo in the WORLD: 201.97 MPH
-HIGHEST HP 991 in the WORLD: 1287whp
-991 Turbo S Build Thread
-COBB ProTuner
-Syvecs Dealer / Tuner
-Complete in House Builds
Old 06-09-2010, 12:51 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
This shifter has been discussed before. An interesting idea and one that I like, but there are opposing views. Check out the thread on the Oakley Design shifter (which is basically your shifter rebranded). Cost is also prohibitive in my view.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Basic Sponsor
Cicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant future
I agree that the cost is a little up there. Honestly the customer came to us and requested the shifter install. It isn't something I would normally recommend, but then again I had never played with one .....I must say, after playing with the shifter on the street it is pretty cool. I still don't know if I would want one in my track car, but I will admit I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I was going to and I can imagine its even more of a joy on track.

-COBB ProTuner
-Syvecs Dealer / Tuner

Last edited by Cicio@TSM; 06-09-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:22 PM
hughp3 is infamous around these parts
I am the owner of the car. The shifter is from SQSRacing (Ibought direct) and they are the manufacture. Oakley does not make their own shifter. For the street I cannot say it is ideal however for the track is terrific. I ran Road Atlanta this past weekend and downshifting was a joy, very fast and sure, no missed shifts. Upshift are also very fast although the shifter requires you to be fast with it. Its does not like whimpy efforts. Would I do it again, for the track absolutely. For street, no not worth it. HughP3

Old 06-09-2010, 12:29 PM
Basic Sponsor
Thanks for jumping in here Hugh.

I'm glad you enjoyed it at R/A Based on the little bit I drove the car on the street with the shifter in it I can imagine its a blast on the track.

Looking forward to seeing you next weekend at the TopSpeed track day

-COBB ProTuner
-Syvecs Dealer / Tuner
Old 06-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Not completely clear but do you still need to use the clutch in up or downshifts?

Ranger

Old 06-10-2010, 12:08 AM
HRTC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Not completely clear but do you still need to use the clutch in up or downshifts?

Ranger
I believe you have to use the clutch in both.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:16 AM
hughp3 is infamous around these parts
To be clear this is a sequential shifter, I did not replace the stock transmission, so yes clutch/heel/toe still needed. Its still great for track. Downshifts are a joy.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:23 AM
10GT3 is infamous around these parts10GT3 is infamous around these parts
i had one installed last august on my 2010 gt3. have about 10,000 miles of use now and i would do it again and again and again.
i enjoy it for both street and track. very positive and no chance of a missed shift.
also shifts quicker, according to excellence mag, about a 50% reduction in time to shift. i also installed a tilton light weight clutch and flywheel which further reduces shift time, both up and down.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:55 PM
DanH is infamous around these parts
I drove the Oakley car with it and really liked it. Andreas Preuninger told me he had one in his development 996 RS too - he knows the designer and wanted it in the GT3 but wasn't feasible.

May I ask how much it is from SQS?

Old 06-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Basic Sponsor
↑↑↑↑ I will let the customer answer this one if he likes Or you can PM me for a quote.

-COBB ProTuner
-Syvecs Dealer / Tuner