Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Modified 2008 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 09:21 PM
GTS-R is infamous around these parts
Everyone, thank you for all the kind words.

Originally Posted by BRracing
Jon
Awesome looking car, a complete and very well thought out and executed implementation on all fronts.....color combination, car enhancements, graphics, wheels, interior....just beautiful.......great eye candy all the time, and a real joy to drive on the track.....Woo Hoo

Your friends at BRracing
Bruce and Robb,
Thanks for all your help in making sure everything came out perfect. You were both great to work with.

Originally Posted by AtomicZ
Very cool. Can you post a better pic of the front splitter?
I plan to post some new and more detailed photos shortly.

Originally Posted by HRTC
All thats needed is a SW 3.9
I have been thinking the exact same thing.

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Gorgeous!

Can a single-lug axle conversion be done? What are the costs and any benefits like weight reduction (besides of course quicker wheel changes)?
I considered the single lug conversion, but I've heard it is heavier than the 5 bolt and the cost is rather high. I like the look, but for the track, the 5 bolt is the easier set up.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:36 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GTS-R
yes!
Glad to hear, enjoy that beauty at the track for me!

Old 06-13-2010, 12:13 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
This has to be my favorite .1 RS.

You have done everything that i would do.

+1,000 on SYNERGY RACING and Kerrigan Smith, they are the BEST. Kerrigan is one the the most knowledgeable person I have ever spoke to about our cars and he is always available when I have any questions.

If you ever decide to sell the car let me know.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:58 PM
mjnsx07 is infamous around these parts
OMG....A perfect car
Love the pics.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:02 PM
big crepe money is infamous around these parts
Quality.

Hope to see more pics... and vids.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:09 PM
GTS-R is infamous around these parts
I took some more photos today:

The first photos shows the PMNA wickers which were riveted on. They were difficult to see in the earlier photos.

Last edited by GTS-R; 06-13-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:16 PM
JP66 is infamous around these partsJP66 is infamous around these parts
Beautiful

Old 06-13-2010, 11:35 PM
TougeTen is infamous around these parts
that is a beautiful clean looking RS!
I love your attention to detail.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:05 AM
1999 C4 Cab 6 Speed
my996 is infamous around these parts
What do wickers do?

Old 06-14-2010, 02:01 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Interestingly you have created a far prettier example of what the RS.2 should have been. The front fenders dont look anywhere as much like an after thought and in so doing you have actually managed to increase the front tires to a meaningful 265 width (the RS.2 just stuffs 245's under the arche extensions- something which all self respecting GT3 owners have actually managed to do anyway without the extensions). And wow... now you have real downforce, again similar in concept to the RS.2 with the cup wing, and the cup splitters up front).

Do you mind informing me of the costs involved in getting the front arches and the rear wing and necessary ancilliaries as well as from whom you sourced the parts?

Heck, once you have the Sharkwerks 3.9 in there you may just have a better car than the RS.2!!!!

Congrats... its stunning!!!!! And all purposeful mods.... love it. Please let us know how it all hangs together on the track.

Interestingly, in the interests of getting more rubber under my car, I had contemplated gettng the car body done to RSR specs as I had access to a full genuine RSR bodykit off a friends spare list from his race campaign, but decided against it as it would be irreversible damage to my RS and the car could never go back to stock. WHat you have done is the PERFECT compromise....

Last edited by Harold; 06-14-2010 at 02:05 AM.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:07 AM
T.K
T.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant future
Wow! Perfection. Very well done indeed.

Old 06-14-2010, 06:14 AM
Black997Turbo is a jewel in the roughBlack997Turbo is a jewel in the roughBlack997Turbo is a jewel in the rough
car looks awesome, when you put the cup rear wing on did you change the decklid too?

Old 06-14-2010, 06:31 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Looks good Jon, I hope to see it soon

Old 06-15-2010, 06:41 AM
NigelM5 is infamous around these parts
Insane....looks like something that would be passing me on the Mulsanne straight. Love the graphics. I would go for the Motorsports BBS/LM single lug.

+1 for the Sharkwerks 3.9 conversion for a little extra push.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:56 PM
LSXRX7 is infamous around these parts
This is by far the hardest looking RS on the planet! You executed in real life what I have on paper. I wouldn't have done anything different. My favorite color combo as well. I don't know why more people don't do the PMNA Fenders more often IMO one of the best upgrades. I would love to know how it performed on the track.

BTW May I ask how much do the fenders cost? Thanks

- Mark

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Modified 2008 GT3 RS