GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Modified 2008 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 08:18 PM
GTS-R is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mobonic
This has to be my favorite .1 RS.

You have done everything that i would do.

+1,000 on SYNERGY RACING and Kerrigan Smith, they are the BEST. Kerrigan is one the the most knowledgeable person I have ever spoke to about our cars and he is always available when I have any questions.

If you ever decide to sell the car let me know.
Mobonic,
Thank you for the compliments. I cannot speak highly enough regarding Kerrigan. If he had a dime for every time I called him to ask him a question, he would be able to retire by now. Although, I have no intentions of selling in the near future, I am sure something will entice me at some point. I will let you know when that happens.

Originally Posted by my996
What do wickers do?
The wickers divert air away from the front wheel well and tire, thus improving the aerodynamics and likely adding some downforce. When I added the front fenders which are 1" wider than stock, I increased the track by using wider wheels/tires and spacers. Without the wickers, the air would hit the exposed tire as it now projects beyond the standard width of the stock front fascia.

Originally Posted by Harold
Interestingly you have created a far prettier example of what the RS.2 should have been. The front fenders dont look anywhere as much like an after thought and in so doing you have actually managed to increase the front tires to a meaningful 265 width (the RS.2 just stuffs 245's under the arche extensions- something which all self respecting GT3 owners have actually managed to do anyway without the extensions). And wow... now you have real downforce, again similar in concept to the RS.2 with the cup wing, and the cup splitters up front).

Do you mind informing me of the costs involved in getting the front arches and the rear wing and necessary ancilliaries as well as from whom you sourced the parts?

Heck, once you have the Sharkwerks 3.9 in there you may just have a better car than the RS.2!!!!

Congrats... its stunning!!!!! And all purposeful mods.... love it. Please let us know how it all hangs together on the track.

Interestingly, in the interests of getting more rubber under my car, I had contemplated gettng the car body done to RSR specs as I had access to a full genuine RSR bodykit off a friends spare list from his race campaign, but decided against it as it would be irreversible damage to my RS and the car could never go back to stock. WHat you have done is the PERFECT compromise....
Thank you Harold. Although I am biased, I also like the look of my car better than the RS.2. I realize the RS.2 is inherently a superior car than mine though.

The cost of the fenders were around $2000 and they are not copies, but made by PMNA. The fitting is more expensive than the fenders themselves and the cost will be dependent of the installer. Kerrigan Smith of Synergy took quite a bit of time making sure everything came out perfect. He cut my stock liners and added extensions which are riveted on. There are other details of the install that have to be dealt with such as the fuel door lock and tying down lines. I wasn't at the build, so I cannot comment exactly what was done. There was no cutting of any bodywork so relatively easily, the car can be made stock again with the purchase of some inexpensive parts. Originally, I looked into getting the Cup S front bodywork installed, but that would have been extremely costly and not practical for the road as you would not have a replaceable front splitter (Cup S splitter is integrated into the front fascia). Also, the fuel opening for the Cup S is not on the left fender so you'd have to convert to a fuel cell or try to fabricate an opening out of the carbon Cup S fender which might be difficult.

I've had the car at the track with the front fenders/wider wheels, but I have yet to try it out with the wing. The wing was just put on 2-3 weeks ago.

Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
Looks good Jon, I hope to see it soon
You missed it at TPC this past Sunday. Since you are relatively local, I'm sure we will cross paths at some point.

Originally Posted by LSXRX7
This is by far the hardest looking RS on the planet! You executed in real life what I have on paper. I wouldn't have done anything different. My favorite color combo as well. I don't know why more people don't do the PMNA Fenders more often IMO one of the best upgrades. I would love to know how it performed on the track.

BTW May I ask how much do the fenders cost? Thanks

- Mark
Thanks Mark. It took a while to get this far with it, but I am going to put in a guard LSD next. After that, maybe the 3.9. See above for costs relating to the fenders.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:23 PM
GTS-R is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
The RS is looking great Jon.
btw not sure I saw it listed but who makes the air scoops on the rear wing or are they part of the wing? So the Cup wing makes a perfect fit/seal with the OEM air box?
I know FVD makes some "similar" air duct but not sure.
RS looks lowered quite a bit.

Juan
Haven't forgotten about your question yet. Just forgot to take the photo. I will get you some soon.