Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

A real red .2 RS at MSRP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
do us a favor and take some decent pics

Old 06-26-2010, 10:29 PM
JC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really nice
^Yes sir, not a big guards fan, but GT3s (especially RS models) give me a chubb regardless of color

Old 06-27-2010, 08:12 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
I'm sorry it's like I said before. Except for the wing it looks like a GT3.
I know the front fender but externally nothing is distinctive.
For Godsake it's an RS it has to scream and standout.
Oh well my 2 cents.

Ranger

Old 06-27-2010, 09:22 AM
JAMS is infamous around these parts
Add black wheels and kindergarten stickers and it will be just fine!

Old 06-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 07STi Mike
So $5500 for Guards Red? They consider that custom.... when it's a standard color in the Porsche line up?
As colour is not part of the standard range, my guess is they would have to stop the production line at the body shop to specifically paint the guards red even though it is a standard paint colour... the interruption to the production process unfortunately actually costs something...

Old 06-27-2010, 09:18 PM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
I'm sorry it's like I said before. Except for the wing it looks like a GT3.
I know the front fender but externally nothing is distinctive.
For Godsake it's an RS it has to scream and standout.
Oh well my 2 cents.

Ranger
Really have to agree with you on that.... it is an RS for crying out loud. and yet it looks like a standard gt3 with a silly wing...

Old 06-28-2010, 06:02 AM
911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about
Isn't personal preference about how one paints their RS? I like the fact that it it subtle and doesn't have those silly stickers over it. What happened to individual taste? Now we have to conform to some community notion of what different models of Porsche should look like?

However, my old, 2007 GT3RS isn't exactly stealth.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:49 AM
JAMS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 911TurboS2
Isn't personal preference about how one paints their RS? I like the fact that it it subtle and doesn't have those silly stickers over it. What happened to individual taste? Now we have to conform to some community notion of what different models of Porsche should look like?

However, my old, 2007 GT3RS isn't exactly stealth.
Well said... thank you for that.

A GR RS is anything but 'stealth'; stickers or not.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:03 AM
JonGT is infamous around these parts
Wow , I must say it looks great.I really tried getting over the new RS Color combos but they are just too much for me.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:09 PM
Ritesh is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mikymu
MSRP at $165K and color option was $5.5K .... it will be close to $190K out the door at for California resident. Will eat ramen noodle for next 5 years and triple stent my socks to afford this red machine
- WOW - that car would be $177K in Tx. What you guys paying for other than taxes?

Old 06-28-2010, 03:32 PM
JC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really nice
Had a lot going on today, but I did make a stop by Roger Beasely to get some shots of this RS. Sorry that the pictures kind of suck, but I didn't have much time to check it out and the dealership isn't exactly on my side of town.

The car does have the red RS decals, that you cannot even see until you're right up on it. Interior is all black/alcantara, in other words perfect IMO. Guards has never been my favorite porsche color, but this car looks damn good.--JC

Last edited by JC919; 06-29-2010 at 05:15 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:35 AM
PRS 7 is infamous around these parts
I agree with the notion to produce your car the way one wishes. These cars are unique already and this one could be a one of a kind too.

I am in line with not wanting "LOOK AT ME DAMN IT". I have not been a huge fan of the loud decals since the first pics came out. To each their own.

The remark about "silly wing" is perplexing. It's an RS through and through no matter if it screams so with bright graphics.

Thanks for the pics. They look good enough. I really like the shadow like graphics. Maybe they will make both sides of the debate happy.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of
Guards Red, so the "lips", wing and mirror match
Ghost decals
Silver wheels

Absolutely brilliant !

Bill

Old 06-29-2010, 09:12 PM
TonnyG is infamous around these parts
I bet it was someone that ordered it and thought he was going to turn around and make a nice fast profit on it. And then when he saw how the market looks he probably dropped it. Back to the car, I would love to have this. I think the red graphics on top of the guards red must look real cool it just doesn't show all that well in pictures

Tonny

Old 07-03-2010, 08:12 AM
wakemasterx is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TonnyG
I bet it was someone that ordered it and thought he was going to turn around and make a nice fast profit on it. And then when he saw how the market looks he probably dropped it. Back to the car, I would love to have this. I think the red graphics on top of the guards red must look real cool it just doesn't show all that well in pictures

Tonny

Actually, he just has too many toys and not enough garage space. In some peoples world, this would be a "low priority" toy.

The red over red is smoking hot.

Still available

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A real red .2 RS at MSRP