Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Got a ticket lastnight....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 04:35 AM
StreetSpeed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by turbodickie
Maybe you will get lucky and an illegal alien will kill him before you have to go to court!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Uhhhhh, yeah. Wouldn't that be great?

Old 06-29-2010, 05:16 AM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
HAHA he was jeleous that's all. I had a piggy pull me over for no front plate then he proceeded to ask me how old I was and how I got the car. He assumed it was handed to me by tooth fairy and lack of front plate netted me a ticket. So as far as exhaust my full 3" catless will get me into trouble for sure.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:23 AM
novae500 is infamous around these partsnovae500 is infamous around these parts
what a jerk the officer was. If he was annoyed with your exhaust, he should have sped up and drive 15 over the speed limit like they normally do. I'm sure he was trying to wait for you to make a moving violation and pull you over for it.

Since you didn't he decided to pull you over for the exhaust tunes:-) Good thing you took an earlier exit home.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:03 AM
himself is a jewel in the roughhimself is a jewel in the roughhimself is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by tranman329
your exhaust sounds awesome. he must be hating on your license plate as well. i would definately try to fight it.
Sucks to get a ticket. Doh!

But if you are in violation of the noise ordinance - and you found an unhappy DPD - what are you going to do? Sometimes you are the windshield, sometimes the bug.

IMO, there's really nothing to fight here - and no reason to fight it even if there was. And, having a judge tell you that you need to remove your exhaust or be in contempt would not be a great day. Just go in, plea it down with the ADA and pay the fine. You'll sleep better and get to keep it.

-td

Old 06-29-2010, 11:08 AM
v10nut has a spectacular aura aboutv10nut has a spectacular aura aboutv10nut has a spectacular aura about
Wow sorry that happened to you. That is one blessing about having a Turbo car. I have the fabspeed sport cats and straight pipes on my car. Under WOT it is insanely loud but at low revs and idle it sounds almost stock. No tickets yet but the way I drive im sure there is one in my future. I just need to hear that beautiful sound!

Old 06-29-2010, 12:37 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
You handle the situation very well. So much crap in the world and they bother u for a noisy exhaust. Remarkable.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:17 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
Its funny he was just "doing his job" but what part entails being vicious and threatening? Medics, Cops, and firefighters are all asked to display "professional courtesy" in their respective lines of work and are heavily trained at many times the expense of yourself and myself. I would at least make a polite call to his CO or suprervisor in Dallas and ask to discuss the matter and explain, if I treat someone with callousness in my daily tasks and speak with anger in my voice nothing is accomplished. YOu catch more flies with honey, rather than vinegar...

Case of RoboCop too me.......get him some counseling and out from behind the wheel. If he stresses out that much, imagine if some teenage kid runs from him for a minor issue and he loses it and kills the kid over a misedamenor.

Put his attitude in check, over a traffic citation!!!!

I would have called him out on his tone and if he threatend to arrest me, I would have just asked when he was off from work so it would not interfere with his duties and we can handle up the rest of our business after hours.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:57 PM
supergoji is infamous around these parts
ya thats the nice thing about Turbo cars quiet till you get on it haha. i have a TBE and my car is loud at WOT. If I fitted my one piece N1 exhaust i'd be getting tickets everyday if they could catch me hahah. they see my car and don't bother any more lol.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:48 PM
nizzoc4s is a jewel in the roughnizzoc4s is a jewel in the roughnizzoc4s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by caltex
For "LOUD EXHAUST!" hahahah....

Then he said this car is way too loud for the streets. I said it’s not any louder than any of those bikes that have been going by all night. (Thursday nights are bike nights so the whole time I am getting drilled for a loud car sport bikes are flying by one after another wide open)
DAMN STRAIGHT. Sorry fans, but I absolutely HATE all those damn Harleys and the like, they are just WAY WAY too loud and just annoy everyone on busy streets. Ugh, I'd ban them if I was Obama.

Seriously though, it's unbelievable the cops are so freakin forgetful that those stupid chopper bikes at 1 million decibels are all over the place and nobody complains, yet do a quarter of the volume on something with four wheels and OH NO! Sigh.