Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GMG Roll Bar opinions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Number54 is infamous around these parts
^^^ After reading this, I still can't tell which is "better"

Why would someone pick one over the other?

The RSR is based on the factory cage, okay, but is that better than the WC-GT, which presumably isn't based on the factory cage?

Looking at the RSR pics above, it looks very similar to my WC-GT.

I have the WC-GT with the additional strut mounts. What's the difference between that and the RSR?

Thanks.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Number54

The RSR is based on the factory cage, okay, but is that better than the WC-GT, which presumably isn't based on the factory cage?

I have the WC-GT with the additional strut mounts. What's the difference between that and the RSR?

Thanks.

Both are equally good products and work very well they simply offer two different solutions.

The RSR is very popular with the 997 guys because it is based on the factory half cage that came in that car.. The WC bar is based on the T equipment but does work in the 997..

If you had to compare it .. Its like buying a Rolex.. There all good it just depends on which one you want

Old 07-10-2010, 11:12 PM
GoingGreen is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vividracing
I have a nice roll bar too as an option - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...o-p-74008.html

Hands down that is sick. Looks easy as hell to put in too! but the rear seats gotta go now!!!! best excuse to not have people in the back!!

Old 07-10-2010, 11:22 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Number54

Thanks.
again, in nor CAL, there is NOTHING better than TCdesignfab.com

Old 12-19-2010, 01:59 PM
neuroguru is infamous around these partsneuroguru is infamous around these parts
Recently had the GMG RSR bar installed in my 996.2GT3. No squeaks whatsoever. Seats go all the way back as claimed. I really like it. Plus, I can put it in the 997.2GT3 when I decide it's her turn for track duty one day.

Last edited by neuroguru; 12-21-2010 at 12:36 AM.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:39 PM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
If you are quite serious, then TC Design makes some very very good looking bars/cages. I have seen Mooty's and it is magnificent. Looks very serious and very safe.

If you do not plan to EVER use the front half then both the GMG RSR bar and the bbi Motorsport bar are nicely made and tie to the rear shock mount which is a very strong and secure attachment location and makes the geometry of the cage that much better (overall triangulation). The bbi Motorsport bar will also accommodate the Bose system.

I have a GMG RSR bar currently in my RS. With that said I have also just taken delivery of a OE front and rear bar (the "Clubsport" cage) that will go in to replace the GMG bar as my RS is being reconfigured for full time track-***** duty. You simply cannot beat the OE set-up for a full cage set-up. Unless you go custom such as from TC Design.

Hope this helps. Good on you for putting something in!

Last edited by sayboy; 12-19-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:55 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
We also offer custom designs that are fabricated in house and we will be adding an option for those customers who have our existing RSR or World Challenge bars.
You will be able to upgrade to a full 6 point cage so the cage will be completely modular and you wont have to purchase another cage.

I would also like to point out that GMG was the first company to offer these cages all the way back in 2004 and now just about everyone out there has some version of what we designed back in 04..

I would like to point out that the factory cage only meets requirements of PCA and POC because it is a factory cage, it does not meet these requirements based on the technical aspects of the cage which are the tubing diameter, tubing material and wall thickness.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:55 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing

I would also like to point out that GMG was the first company to offer these cages all the way back in 2004 and now just about everyone out there has some version of what we designed back in 04..
i have had this 1/2 cage since 2002, not too different than GMG. it's mounted to rear shock tower and bolted to a plate that's welded to tub (like euro 997rs)

Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
I would like to point out that the factory cage only meets requirements of PCA and POC because it is a factory cage, it does not meet these requirements based on the technical aspects of the cage which are the tubing diameter, tubing material and wall thickness.
right on, and that includes the oem cup cars. there's one extra bend in the main hoop of cup cars that wont fit rules of nasa, scca etc. but since it's factory cage, they let it go.

Attached Images