Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Some new mods for the track...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 05:37 AM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Number54
Stupid question: I have a 996 GT3 with the euro seats. Why did you replace the GT2 with GT3 seats? Aren't the GT2 ones better in every way? Thanks.

Oh, and I agree with those above - skip the decals. For accents, I'd have the seat's belt guides and console painted yellow before doing any decals. Just my opinion.
My GT2 was optioned with the adaptive sport seats instead of the GT2 carbon buckets, and the 996 GT3 seats are cheaper than the GT2 carbon buckets, and lighter as well, as they don't have the thorax airbag and are not fold-able. If it came w/ the GT2 carbon buckets I would have just kept those.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:56 AM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
AJag - did not see you at Autobahn on Friday - hope nothing happened on Thursday.

Last session I got meatball'd because I was spewing fluid all over the track - pulled off and I was smoking like giant 12 foot bong. Opened the lid, no coolant, coolant all over the back temp in car never got above 190-195. Had to leave the car - hopefully nothing more that a coolant hose....

Porsche NA had a couple of Boxster Spyders out and were giving rides. The drivers were from the Sport Driving School - f&ck could these guys drive. The speed these guys carry in corners was amazing...made me realize I have a long way to go...

Try and hook up another time... couple of pics.

The tow of shame....

Last edited by fdorn; 07-10-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:06 PM
GoingGreen is infamous around these parts
Wow looks great

Old 07-11-2010, 01:25 AM
aus
aus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud of
Looks great, but ADV wheels don't belong in such a nice car, particularly if you're going for a track car.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:36 AM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aus
Looks great, but ADV wheels don't belong in such a nice car, particularly if you're going for a track car.
I'm going to use the ADV on the street and either put hoosiers on the stock rims or get some 18s.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Had a good time Thurs, but definitely realized how much more instructor time I need. I was going to do the masters course through napleton but they didn't have enough people and had to cancel it so Thurs they let me run w/ the former masters guys for free between sessions for the new owners. Those guys know their stuff!

I had a couple cases added on Fri afternoon so I didn't go to the PCA event, it wouldn't have been worth it for 2 20 min sessions, but it looks like you had a blast! Great photos!

[QUOTE=fdorn;2903853]AJag - did not see you at Autobahn on Friday - hope nothing happened on Thursday.

Last session I got meatball'd because I was spewing fluid all over the track - pulled off and I was smoking like giant 12 foot bong. Opened the lid, no coolant, coolant all over the back temp in car never got above 190-195. Had to leave the car - hopefully nothing more that a coolant hose....

Porsche NA had a couple of Boxster Spyders out and were giving rides. The drivers were from the Sport Driving School - f&ck could these guys drive. The speed these guys carry in corners was amazing...made me realize I have a long way to go...

Try and hook up another time... couple of pics.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Former Vendor
FluidMotorUnion has a spectacular aura aboutFluidMotorUnion has a spectacular aura about
AJag, Please let me know if you ever need anything. We're not too far out from Chicago and have a great deal of Porsches, BMW, Mercedes, etc being serviced here.

Aside from the service side of things we specialize in custom tuning, exhaust, and various performance modifications.

Feel free to contact me anytime at mmarzano@fluidmotorunion.com or my direct line (630)-853-8286 if you ever need anything or have any questions!

Old 07-20-2010, 01:45 PM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
Didn't you guys do this bad a$$ exhaust for John C.'s lambo... effin thing spits fire...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rge9MmtrsbY

Originally Posted by FluidMotorUnion
AJag, Please let me know if you ever need anything. We're not too far out from Chicago and have a great deal of Porsches, BMW, Mercedes, etc being serviced here.

Aside from the service side of things we specialize in custom tuning, exhaust, and various performance modifications.

Feel free to contact me anytime at mmarzano@fluidmotorunion.com or my direct line (630)-853-8286 if you ever need anything or have any questions!

Old 07-20-2010, 01:55 PM
Former Vendor
FluidMotorUnion has a spectacular aura aboutFluidMotorUnion has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by fdorn
Didn't you guys do this bad a$$ exhaust for John C.'s lambo... effin thing spits fire...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rge9MmtrsbY
Yes we did!

Thanks for posting that up fdorn!

Old 07-20-2010, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by FluidMotorUnion

You guys aren't far at all, I'm always going up and down on 355 to napleton porsche as I keep the GT2 in my house in bourbonnais (close to where I work) since I can't get it into my west loop condo's garage, hehe. What work on 997s have you guys done so far? The Gallardo exhaust is impressive!

Old 07-20-2010, 04:04 PM
The vid does not do that exhaust any justice. In person (especially in car), that thing is just spectacular. It sounds like an F1 car and it literally shoot flames out the back..

pm me your email and I will let you know when we get together again - we are trying to get out to GingerMan soon. John is always looking to turn Porsche fanatics into Lambo lovers so he would happily give you a ride. He doesn't stand a chance with me - for me, there will always only be one choice -Porsche, but he had fun trying to convince me!!!!!

Originally Posted by AJag
The Gallardo exhaust is impressive!

Old 07-20-2010, 10:54 PM
aus
aus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud of
I'm going to use the ADV on the street and either put hoosiers on the stock rims or get some 18s.
That makes more sense.
You do know the owner of ADV was the previous owner of 360Forged that ripped many off here?

Old 07-20-2010, 10:59 PM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
Nice mods

Old 07-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Former Vendor
You guys aren't far at all, I'm always going up and down on 355 to napleton porsche as I keep the GT2 in my house in bourbonnais (close to where I work) since I can't get it into my west loop condo's garage, hehe. What work on 997s have you guys done so far? The Gallardo exhaust is impressive!
Awesome!

We have done most of our 997 work in the Middle East including intakes, custom tunes, etc.

Before John's Gallardo we tuned his 996 Turbo back in the day when he removed his old tune and had an impressive gain.

I'll shoot you over a PM with some other details and thanks for the comment on the Gallardo exhaust, we're extremely happy with how that car turned out.