Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Some new mods for the track...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 05:21 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Some new mods for the track...

Crappy iphone pics, will take more this weekend after I wash her.

Installed GMG Roll-bar, Schroth 6 pt harness, 996 GT3 Buckets, race alignment, painted side mirrors yellow.

Waiting on: ADV 7.1s 19" charcoal w/ yellow pinstripe.

I may need a few more yellow accents, was pondering doing an RS.2 side panel decal in yellow...thoughts?

Looking forward to a couple track days next week!

Attached Images    
Old 07-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Looks very nice! I don't know if I would do the yellow RS decal though..

Old 07-02-2010, 08:11 PM
lcrain is infamous around these parts
Car looks awesome, but like ^^he said I would avoid the yellow decal, looks so clean the way it is

Old 07-03-2010, 01:24 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lcrain
Car looks awesome, but like ^^he said I would avoid the yellow decal, looks so clean the way it is
I'm not really into decals generally but the RS.2 looks so good, IMHO. I don't want to go overly flashy, but I do want a few more yellow accents on the exterior, though it may be just fine when I get the wheels w/ the yellow pinstripe.

Old 07-03-2010, 02:36 PM
DBV
DBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by AJag
I'm not really into decals generally but the RS.2 looks so good, IMHO. I don't want to go overly flashy, but I do want a few more yellow accents on the exterior, though it may be just fine when I get the wheels w/ the yellow pinstripe.
You could always paint your GT2 emblem yellow. I've seen it on a matte black GT2 and it looks good.

Old 07-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by DBV
You could always paint your GT2 emblem yellow. I've seen it on a matte black GT2 and it looks good.
Thought about that too, but when I saw it on a black turbo w/ the red tails, it seemed to clash. If I did that I'd probably go w/ smoked taillights. I like leaving the emblem in black.

Old 07-03-2010, 04:44 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
keep the red taillights... its more racecar style.. imo black tailights are for other cars and dont look good on p-cars.

great job on the mods, I bet that car is a beast on the track!

Old 07-04-2010, 06:42 PM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
Bad A$$....Are you headed to Autobahn on Friday July 9th)? If so, I will seek you out so I can drool.
Originally Posted by AJag
Crappy iphone pics, will take more this weekend after I wash her.

Installed GMG Roll-bar, Schroth 6 pt harness, 996 GT3 Buckets, race alignment, painted side mirrors yellow.

Waiting on: ADV 7.1s 19" charcoal w/ yellow pinstripe.

I may need a few more yellow accents, was pondering doing an RS.2 side panel decal in yellow...thoughts?

Looking forward to a couple track days next week!

Old 07-05-2010, 05:26 AM
Originally Posted by fdorn
Bad A$$....Are you headed to Autobahn on Friday July 9th)? If so, I will seek you out so I can drool.
Yep, I'll be there Thurs for a Napleton free drive day and then Fri for PCA! See you there!

Old 07-05-2010, 09:57 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I think that the accents have to be done tastefully, and not just for the sake of getting more yellow on the car. I would do the GT2 badge and leave it at that.

Old 07-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan
I think that the accents have to be done tastefully, and not just for the sake of getting more yellow on the car. I would do the GT2 badge and leave it at that.
Agreed, I'm just going see how it looks like w/ the wheels w/ the yellow pinstripe. I'm probably going to do a few cf pieces on the exterior, mirror insert, perhaps the lip spoiler, roof spoiler, and intakes, maybe the GMG full roof.

Old 07-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Banned
gt2urbo is infamous around these partsgt2urbo is infamous around these parts
looks good. more pics please

Old 07-05-2010, 03:03 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I like the GMG Carbon roof! Does the GT2 have a sunroof, or is it like the GT3 RS?

Old 07-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan
I like the GMG Carbon roof! Does the GT2 have a sunroof, or is it like the GT3 RS?
No sunroof on the GT2. I'm hearing mixed things about the fitment of the roof and how well it holds up, I'm gonna stay pat I think and not go nuts w/ CF exterior bits. It has a clean look now and I'm probably going to keep it that way unless I decide to save some weight and go w/ a cf hood and roof, but only if I'm sure they're going to fit well. If the OEM cf air intakes and hood for the GT2 RS aren't ungodly expensive, I may try those. I did order this steering wheel w/ a yellow 12'oclock stripe, though.

I"m doing a couple track days thurs and fri, so I'm gonna wash her afterwards and take pics this weekend. Hopefully my ADV.1 wheels will be here by then.

Attached Images  
Old 07-06-2010, 08:13 PM
Number54 is infamous around these parts
Stupid question: I have a 996 GT3 with the euro seats. Why did you replace the GT2 with GT3 seats? Aren't the GT2 ones better in every way? Thanks.

Oh, and I agree with those above - skip the decals. For accents, I'd have the seat's belt guides and console painted yellow before doing any decals. Just my opinion.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Some new mods for the track...