Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Carbon Fiber Interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 11:31 PM
GoingGreen is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tim Kay
On the topic of yellowing CF, what does Porsche supply in terms of uv protection for the rear RS wing?
I dont think they supply anything like care products. Hopefully they used the right resin. The 996 RS spoilers have held up pretty good so im sure they got it down for the new models. Time will tell. Good luck getting any technical info from them on the spoiler... 8( They are also using a new weave too. Its more of Uni style but its plain weave, just a big plain weave. I don't like it as much as the twill but im sure they have their reasoning.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:11 AM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by GoingGreen
I dont think they supply anything like care products. Hopefully they used the right resin. The 996 RS spoilers have held up pretty good so im sure they got it down for the new models. Time will tell. Good luck getting any technical info from them on the spoiler... 8( They are also using a new weave too. Its more of Uni style but its plain weave, just a big plain weave. I don't like it as much as the twill but im sure they have their reasoning.
You seem to be very well informed about CF.thanks for your input on this subject. Have you purschased any Non OEM parts and if so what brands do you like and why.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:16 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Hello I have the CS RS extinguisher and I don't know the exact mounting position ,your car has the exh can you post a picture please...?

Old 07-10-2010, 10:58 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Gj325
I am having a Turbo S built with just about all the CF that Porsche offers. I really like the look. Since I went Ice Blue I am looking at a Nov build.

I have been getting tons of advice to skip the CF seem most folks say it's very poor in Quaility that it will fade,peel and turn yellow. This car will be my toy I plan on keeping a long time. I was told in the 997 section to get advice fro GT guys and your exp with the CF. So that's why I am here is everyones exp bad or are there any good stories to tell. The car will be kept in a garage will only see sun while driving. The car will be a Cab so will be subject to more sunlight than a coupe.

Your input is appreciated trying to decide if I should stay CF or go back to leather Is there any type of protectant that helps save CF. Would rather stay CF but don't need a car falling apart in four years.
The issue seems to be UV exposure. If you are getting a cab and it is going to be out in the sun aloot, cf or leather may be an issue. I have the "big" cf package in my 03 turbo and its all perfect, but the car is rarely left out in the sun. With my Z8 I have a ****pit cover that is small and easy to lay over the area to protect from sun when parked. Great solution and really does work.